It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lebanon sentences Israeli spy to death

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Lebanon sentences Israeli spy to death

presstv.ir

A military court in Lebanon has sentenced a Lebanese national to death on charges of spying for the notorious Israeli intelligence service, Mossad.

The former school principal, Hassan Ahmed al-Hussein, received the death penalty on Wednesday after the court convicted him of providing Israel with sensitive information in 2008 about the leadership of Hezbollah and the location of sites used by the resistance movement.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Well that's interesting.

This this really warrant the death penalty? Then again this is Lebanon we are talking about.

convicted, the spies will face life sentences with hard labor. Should they be found guilty of contributing to the loss of Lebanese life, the agents will face capital punishment.

I don't know how I feel about it really.

Thoughts?

~Keeper

presstv.ir
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I can help.
Ask yourself how would you feel if Israelis (evil murderous and ctr) would execute Hizbollah spy.
For some reason i know how you would feel about it, really.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroKnowledge

I can help.
Ask yourself how would you feel if Israelis (evil murderous and ctr) would execute Hizbollah spy.
For some reason i know how you would feel about it, really.

Are you attempting to imply that I would condem Israel for the same action as Lebanon?

You'd be wrong. I'm looking at the facts of the case, not what side it's beind done on.

My comment was in regards to the severity of the sentence given what had transpired.

~Keeper

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
You spy and get caught, you die. It's in the contract.

Such is the spy life.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

israel already exicute people in assasinations which Israel always claims to have the right to do even in peace time or in truces so what answer do you expect?

if the spy was a member of Hezbullah and was risking the lives of Israeli soliders then i wouldnt be shocked at them putting a bullet in his head,
same goes for this, the man but people in that country at risk and he deserves what hes getting.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

Well that's interesting.

This this really warrant the death penalty? Then again this is Lebanon we are talking about.

convicted, the spies will face life sentences with hard labor. Should they be found guilty of contributing to the loss of Lebanese life, the agents will face capital punishment.

Thoughts?

~Keeper

Not sure if you aware of the fact that Lebanon are in a state of war with Israel, or is such information not made available or if so, how often is it covered ?

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Well, just tried to help. Probably i assumed wrong and if Israel would execute Hizbollah spies they arrested your response would be according to the facts.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

My bad, I'm a little on edge today folks I apologize, RL is been hectic!

Yeah, I will admit I'm a bit biased when it comes to Israel because I disagree ENTIRELY with the government and how it operates under Carte Blanche, but in this case I think if your a spy and get caught spying, and your actions contributed to the death of people then the sentence holds water.

I just find killing humans to be deplorable and it's hard to justify in my mind.

~Keeper

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Its all fun and games or is it....

Published: May 22, 2009

BEIRUT, Lebanon — When the Lebanese authorities announced the arrest of an Israeli spy ring late last year, the news aroused little surprise. It is no secret that Israel has long maintained intelligence agents here.

But in recent weeks, more and more suspects have been captured, including a retired general, several security officials and a deputy mayor. All told, at least 21 people have been arrested, and 3 others escaped over the border into Israel with the help of the Israeli military, Lebanese officials say.

The spying network’s extent has mesmerized the Lebanese and made headlines here. It has also infuriated Lebanese officials, who sent an official protest to the United Nations this week. On Friday, President Michel Suleiman complained about the matter in a meeting here with Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr.

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
You spy and get caught, you die. It's in the contract.

Such is the spy life.

Yeah, that's the price of treason, unfortunately.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
After I having read this I am completely convinced now the Lebanese Gov't (Not the citizens of Lebanon) are a Terrorist organisiation. I know they are "Elected" but you would think they would learn their dealings with Hamas, Hezbollah & Syria have caused them nothing but grief. I feel really sorry for the citizens of Lebanon especially the Maronites for having a Gov't that is almost as comparable as the Taliban. Hopefully there will be revolt & the people will be able to live like they did before the wars

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

Well that's interesting.

American gov't has killed people for less..

top topics

join