It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flying Jellyfish?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I have researched cryptids for a while and I've always been intrigued by flying jellyfish. I read a story about a military transport being attacked by them. The interior was riddled with bullets. Also the crew suffered severe burns. It made me scared of air travel for a while.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
This topic is a joke. Pure speculation and fantasy, all fiction. It drives me mad, the fact there really is cryptids and undiscovered wildlife, and then we have people making threads like this, making it that much harder for the subject to be taken seriously.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Last November 18th, 2011 I had a similar experience but on a much larger scale. I walked out my backdoor which faces east toward Riverside, CA about 1.5 miles high, 3 to 6 miles away was a jellyfish hovering in the air. It was early evening, still light outside. No clouds. A clear unobstructed view for almost 10 minutes. Without anything in the air next to it to use as a reference, I estimated it to be overall about the size of the LA Coliseum. It was translucent with an orange and pink glow. It had 5 or 6 Octopus type tentacles under it that were wildly and erratically kicking the entire time. It seemed to be necessary for both lift and stability. I do refer to it as a UFO, but it was absolutely a living being. I pulled my neighbor from her apartment to witness it since I had no camera handy and I'm so glad that I did. Because it's one thing to tell people you saw a flying metal disk. It's quite another to say you seen a giant flying Jellyfish. I did report this sighting to Mufon. It was absolutely incredible and phenomenal... and it was very real.
I have found a few videos and pics online. And have found related info under the subjects 'atmospheric beasts' and 'air kraken'. Also by searching using these terms and combinations of these terms... jellyfish ufo, jellyfish ovni, flying jellyfish, biological ufo,

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I think it would be awesome if these where animals that flew through space, requiring only solar energy to live. Traveling from solar system to solar system, occasionally visiting planets during mating season.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by ResearchMan
There are Jellyfish species that feed off of Sun light.

Yes, by the help of bacteria which do the actual work. No jellyfish are photosynthetic as such.

it's always been said that Jellyfish evolve faster then any other organism.

Don't make up stuff you don't know anything about. Jellyfish don't evolve any faster than anything else. Actually, microbial species evolve much faster, as their generation time is so much faster.

Most of the comment's here allows me to judge the fact that no body knows how to read anymore.

Well, I can say the same thing about you, since you obviously don't know anything about questioning things you read about.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by thehoneycomb

Its could be life mabey.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Someone I know personally tells a story of driving into a wall of jelly that crossed the entire two lane highway he was one. He states that it appeared colorless and mostly transparent so that he saw it only shortly before impact. He said it was like driving into a wall of water, that there was splashing but no damage to the car. His impression was of a cube but I suppose it could have been a "jellyfish" sitting there.

I have only ever heard him tell this story once and it appears to be something he would rather forget.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Textreply to post by thehoneycomb

[url=http://s1309.beta.photobucket.com/]
I agree with you about the jelly fish post. I have seen something like that with a photo my nephew took at my moms old house. When I first saw it it freaked me out but, I knew that room has always been the creepy room in the house.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by iforget

That's wild...

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by McCool

It's not a joke, it's not speculation or fantasy. What should drive you mad is your perspective and how your closed off thinking will prevent you from ever learning what some of us have earned the privilage to see, enjoy, and know as our reward for accepting everything before discrediting anything...

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Thain Esh Kelch

So, if jellyfish can use a microbial bacteria to feed on sunlight and they exist at the altitude necessary for this kind of species to exist then why, precisely, can this cryptid not be a possibility?

Is it because you know everything and have personally witnessed every living being on the planet or is it simply because your own mind cannot fathom the possibility of such a thing existing?

Popsci

Vast populations of microbes live between four and six miles above the Earth’s surface in the upper troposphere, an atmospheric zone considered at best a pretty lousy location for life. They might be living at those altitudes and feasting on carbon compounds that are helping warm the planet, or perhaps they were lofted up there by air currents, according to a new study.
Scientists don’t know yet how they got there, but they know there are a lot of microbes--and a lot of different kinds, too. “For these organisms, perhaps, the conditions may not be that harsh,” explains Kostas Konstantinidis, an assistant professor in civil and environmental engineering at the Georgia Institute of Technology. “I wouldn't be surprised if there is active life and growth in clouds, but this is something we cannot say for sure now.”

Some of the bacteria use carbon compounds that exist in the atmosphere, suggesting they might be able to survive there long-term. But what’s especially interesting about this is the potential impact microbes may have on our weather. Clouds are collections of liquid or frozen droplets that condense around a nucleus, usually a piece of dust or a grain of salt. But nuclei could be made from bacteria, too. Some types of bacteria promote the formation of ice droplets or of freezing, according to the researchers. That means airborne microbes might be more important for cloud formation than anyone though

Largest single cell organism

The green algae Caulerpa gets the title of largest single celled organism. Its can grow up to a meter long, making it nearly 10,000 times larger than most single celled organisms. Most plants this size are made up of thousands of cells.

Imagine a one-celled organism the size of a mango. It's not science fiction, but fact: scientists have cataloged dozens of giant one-celled creatures, around 4 inches (10 centimeters), in the deep abysses of the world's oceans. But recent exploration of the Mariana Trench has uncovered the deepest record yet of the one-celled behemoths, known as xenophyophores.

Found at 6.6 miles beneath the ocean's surface, the xenophyophores beats the previous record by nearly two miles. The Mariana Trench xenophyophores were discovered by dropcams, developed by the Scripps Institution of Oceanography and National Geographic, which are unmanned HD cameras 'dropped' into the deep ocean to record life at the bottom.

The jellyfish that we both admire and hate today, could have stepped out of a lost world dating back four hundred million years before the dinosaurs. They are old, primitive creatures, yet so effective that they hold their own in our modern world. Scientists would be interested to see what they actually looked like when they first appeared on Earth, but their soft bodies left few fossil traces.

Is that enough to put it in the realm of possibility for you?
edit on 20-9-2013 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I might have been baby spiders in the wind.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Thorneblood

I can absolutely relate parts of my siting with what Popsci says. Every video I've been able to come across of a flying Jellyfish-looking UFO like the one I seen would probably put them in the 4 to 6 mile high zone. The most noticable difference being in the higher altitude, they didn't seem to be struggling and flailing like the one I viewed at 1.5 miles high. I'm gonna find one or two of those vids with reference points usable for figuring correct calculations to check altitude. It's great to finally come across related info after 22 months that feels correct and reliable. Thanks to you Popsci & Thorneblood. I also was contacted by a woman this week on a blog who said she witnessed the same entity. The date, time, location and other related info she left proved to be true and correct. I was starting to feel like this day would never come, yet here it is. Redemption.

edit on 9/21/2013 by mrscary3721 because: Added more info.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join