It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A View on the World

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
This site is filled with information. Many things discussed here show gross corruption down to the core of the governments of the world. While many things are probably very true (it is very obvious I believe to most that at least we can all agree power and control are at the top of the agendas) I find myself wondering over and over again what can really be done? We sit day after day and complain, point fingers, call for the fall of the governments, this doesn't accomplish anything. While I have to agree that more people than in the past have their eyes open I also feel that even if millions watch things such as the latest "Laughing Man" video it will not affect anything.

I think for any change to be made a completely different approach must be taken. It doesn't do anything to try to expose the corruptions going on when even if something is brought to light it is quickly brushed under the carpet or people start disappearing.

With the ability to spread information very quickly over the internet (if done quickly, who knows how long we will still be able to use the internet as we know it today.) a group of people could very quickly become a massive force if information was presented well.

What I'm saying is with all the intelligence in this community we really could change the world. A new "party" I guess is what you would have to call it. One that isn't out to get another party, one that isn't trying to overthrow anything, only open the world's eyes as to what our lives have become.

We cannot live as slaves any longer, it does not make sense to work your life away. We are forced to work meaningless jobs for not enough pay, we give away much of our money to fund pointless wars and "protection" from ourselves it seems. Wars in the past were for resources, for survival. Wars in modern times are only about power and control, there are no winners in todays wars.

We cannot live out our lives constantly feeling we are being watched, that anything that is different from what is "normal" could get us into trouble. Since when is normal such a great thing, no one that we look back at now as someone with insight or genius was ever looked at as normal in their own times. I cannot remember the exact quote or who said it but it went something like "I only felt I was right when all those around me disagreed with what I was saying", I feel this rings so true today.

From early in our lives we have the fear of someone watching and judging us instilled in our minds so that as we get older it just seems normal. Why is it necessary to hide things from each other. Even if we are at war with someone and a village is destroyed with women and children why must things like that be hidden. It seems to me if even atrocities were met with truth people would understand that sometimes things that are horrible do happen, there is no reason to pretend they don't.

I realize many people out there would freak out if they realized what really went on in the world, this is only because of the way they have been raised. I firmly believe if the way most are raised was changed we would have a much more intelligent society. It begins even when we are very young and told not to do something, if we asked why we were told "because" and that was it. Never a true reason and that is exactly what happens with laws today, we are simply told "you must pay a tax for this and this and we will be at war with these people" never a choice, never freedom to decide on your own what you would like to help fund.

I will end by saying I think one thing would change the way our entire world works. If we could teach people to think of others and how each thing you do affects someone else all things would start to turn around. One very simple solution to all the worlds problems. LOVE.

P.S. Please do not tell me how there would still be horrible people and killings and such. Of course there would be and there are always still punishments for those sorts of actions.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by NWtoHide
I will end by saying I think one thing would change the way our entire world works. If we could teach people to think of others and how each thing you do affects someone else all things would start to turn around. One very simple solution to all the worlds problems. LOVE.

I agree 100%. The analogy of bringing light into the darkness proves this. One light will end darkness but there is never enough darkness to kill the light.

If, as a people, we go far enough upstream to make the change there will be no chance of things staying corrupt. When you boil something in a flask, the essence rises to the top. Today the world is being changed by this trial of fire. The pure will rise and the waste will be discarded.

The more people that act in kindness, the quicker the revolution occurs.

“For it is in giving that we receive.”
St. Francis of Assisi

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
It really wouldn't take much, just stopping to think before you act. Really if every decision was made like that there of course would be no problems.

new topics

join