It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why are they calling the relief wells , relief tunnels now?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I was surfing around today and noticed the media outlets are calling the relief wells , relief tunnels now. Is the the word "well" a negative symbol. They maybe preparing us for a change in the status of the relief wells. Heres the link to the yahoo AP story. About halfway down they refer to the tunnel

finance.yahoo.com...

Heres the foxnews story

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by jlafleur02

jlafleur02

Maybe they should refer to them as HOLES because that's what BP have put us all in !!

Regards

PurpleDOG UK

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Great question!

I was wondering the exact same thing earlier this afternoon. I think perhaps "Relief Well" Was not palatable on the public relations side of things?

~meathead

ETA for clarity: Relief Well implies they will still be profiting off of it and that they are exploiting the disaster..

Relief Tunnel implies something along the lines of a tunnel one would dig to rescue trapped miners... it just seems "nicer"

[edit on 21-7-2010 by Mike Stivic]

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I also noticed this and thought "Whaaa?" I thought they were talking about something new. Must be another one of those propaganda games thats been told to the MSM by TPTB. I guess now they are setting the stage for a turn in what they are doing down there. New terminology to trick the masses...

Edit for spelling

[edit on 21-7-2010 by Starseed32]

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
All news related to the gulf spill has to be approved by the Office of Homeland Security now, so it was probably thier idea.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by AliWV
All news related to the gulf spill has to be approved by the Office of Homeland Security now, so it was probably thier idea.

Do you have a link to verify this. Seems unusual and illegal to have that in place.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by AliWV

That also makes sense, And lets face it the BP P.R. team seems to be pretty clumsy. Our government however has mastered the use of phrasing things in a more appealing way...

~meathead

ETA : I looked around and even though i was sure i had heard the government had taken over i cannot find any articles in the MSM stating that to be the case . I see alot of referances to a retired coast gaurd Thad Allen, But no official statement. If anyone has a link i am now curious to see it.

[edit on 21-7-2010 by Mike Stivic]

new topics

top topics

join