It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vampires get their teeth into US public

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   

"Vampires are not monsters as such, they are more beautiful than the average persons, and they are immortal. It's a dark ideal of mankind. Today they are more like rock stars," Latina said.

The only problem in this thriving vampire environment, Latina says, is that New York has become too clean and law-abiding over the last decade.

The best scene, he says, is in Philadelphia now. "New York is too safe now for vampires."

Sociology professor Robert Thomson, who teaches at University of Syracuse in upstate New York, said "the vampire culture has been around for a long time, long before 'Twilight' and 'True Blood.'"

ok i watch Trueblood with the beautiful Anna Paquin to be honest

but im no vampire fan or gothic lol
i want to professionaly debate the subject
with a full analysis

the Vampires stories are quite intriguing.. because they are old
Legends, myths, crypto monsters, dark entity, paranormal being... this is what they are !!
i think vampires are one of the first paranormal creature that have came to light from very old scary stories
all OLD stories cant be denied... they usualy reflect some true details in them

Here on ATS we have conspiracies about the bigfoot..the lochness monster..even the Devil is a myth
now lets go to ALIENS... many many stories tell us they are already here .. hiding in our todays society.. living like us.. with us.. but we have no proof
its like Vampire.. some stories say they do live with us .. around us and we never really noticed them..

its my first thread i post about paranormal creatures
since vampires on tv have almost the same popularity has aliens
i want to know
HOW MANY ON ATS BELEIVE THAT VAMPIRES ARE TRUE STORIES
but like all stories... time make stories change .. so some details must have been exagerated, invented or lost

i will place Vampires on my TOP 4 list that maybe are plausible / interesting...
this is the order :
1) aliens
2) bigfoot
3) lochness monster
4) vampires

i have see a UFO once... lurking in a forest passing slowly beside a mountain under the moon with only darknest around it(i was far into woods camping)
i was young(15years ago) i though it was a ice cream van with multiple color lights flashing
after the sun came up..i verify apx where it was ..i couldnt see any road
that confirm my first ever unidentify flying object

UFO now i sens they are the real deal because of that one sight i had in my past

with vampire i cant say with 100% certainty that they are real or 100% they are not

i want to myth.....BUSTED them ...its like they are getting more popular than aliens themself ..I WILL NOT LET THAT HAPPEN
... whats going with these vampires things
even youtube is filled with wannabe vampire ... but what if ?
type "im a vampire" in youtube ... 5000 results will show up :O

so MYTH-BUSTED OR MYTH-PLAUSIBLE ???

Full story link from Rawstory

[edit on 7/21/2010 by Ben81]

[edit on 7/21/2010 by Ben81]

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
i wanted to study more these creatures with this thread
where are they coming from?
how really old they are? (the stories)
why would anyone invented such stories about such creatures?

another intriguing statement from the link:

She loves the taste of blood, hates the sun, and, if you ask, will tell you she died in a train accident back in 1892: meet Seregon O'Dalley, a would-be vampire living in New Jersey....

Joaquin Latina, who claims to be 2,744 years old, even if his passport puts him at 35, said he's been fixated on vampires since childhood.

i link this up to the reincarnation theory
if human, aliens or powerfull light being can reincarnate themself why not vampires to ...

Aliens and the reincarnation theories are part of my top 1 plausible threads

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81

i will place Vampires on my TOP 4 list that maybe are plausible / interesting...
this is the order :

2) bigfoot

Those bigfoot creatures are actually souls completing their evolution here on Earth. They began on Maldek, which was demoished due to their war type ways. In the form they are in, they cannot cause harm. Most will complete their 3d cycle with us come 2012.

ps... I love True Blood. Darn good show...

[edit on 21-7-2010 by blujay]

[Mod Edit: Fixed tags and reduced quote size.

Mod Edit: Quoting – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 2010/7/21 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Good thread
To be honest i simply love the subject, i now work as a scientist for the government with extra terrestrials and i can tell you that if its something that has been more interesting than E.T, its vampires. Me and my friend used 5 years of our lives studying vampires, but with no hard evidence as result.

We found out at least that the theory of actually real "fiction" vampires might be real.

Just take an example , we per today have something called "bleeders", just imagine the opposite of that, people with healing abilities, imagine Werner syndrom ect ect..and just take the opposite, cause according to the law it has to be a opposite.

So a vampire, would be a human with ALOT of difficult and special sicknesses.

Bigfoot by the way exist. Ill give you a line of thought. In the ancient times there were giants, giants were a more normal thing than we are used to per today. These giants had normal brain\body functions, no sicknesses and lived to the age of 80(no more than a normal human at least). The last giant was a Irish man ,he was 2M 28cm with perfectly normal body functions, he died in 1854 or somewhere around there.

Just imagine the unexplored areas of the amazons, places were you are forced by time to be more like a two feet monkey, get my drift. You do what you can to survive, and your forest is your friend and your home. You are a large low intelligent human with low social skills, cause all you know is the forest, so you never EVER shave. Hair WILL cover your entire body.

In other words, Bigfoot is as natural as an AMISH human
=

Logical isnt it

Maybe -maybe not

[edit on 21-7-2010 by Archirvion]

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
IMHO
Vampires are a symbol or even a description for the spirits of the Titans. The ancestral "luciferian" spirits that drive the 13 famillies, the fascist bankers....the spirits that were worshiped by the babylonian bankers...
It is part of the legend that the flood killed them physically but that their
spirits are trapped here on earth.

Wooden stakes are the talley sticks that the british used as a banking system for 5oo years with out boom and bust or inflation and the silver bullets are the silver coins that are real money...these kill the vampires.
Vampires can't be seen in mirrors because they are not real, they are FEAT...
The cross is a symbol for Jeebus' freak out on the money changers in the temple and the wealth of the spirit which repels the vampire because money means little to those who are rich in spirit, and the cross reminds them...
Garlic repels the bankers, ooops vampires, because it is a natural cure that Doctors and big pharma (of the day) can't control or profit from.

A vampire could only come in if invited and they would offer riches to gain that invite.
Once in they would suck your blood...
Like how the FED was installed through bribery and trickery in the US, and a description of its effects on the country, and its people, and money supply.

I also know how to turn lead and straw into gold too... no sh!t....

PS the sun
Bankers vampires hate the light of day or exposure.

guess i am taking the romance out of this.....
re incarnation is part of this, as is ancestor worship - that is the luciferianism that they practice.

[edit on 21-7-2010 by Danbones]

[edit on 21-7-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by blujay

Those bigfoot creatures are actually souls completing their evolution here on Earth. They began on Maldek, which was demoished due to their war type ways. In the form they are in, they cannot cause harm. Most will complete their 3d cycle with us come 2012.

you theory is plausible to..i cant simply tell you are wrong on that

its the first time i see bigfoot linked to the evolution of the soul and the reincarnation theory
thanks for this interresting point of view

your statement make me think of the buddha boy story
he have almost acheive his evolution ... he will return prior to 2012
after a long meditation in the ground without any food or water

2012 will indeed be the most interesting time since ten thousand year
the last cycle ends around this date (21 december of 2012)
my mind is already open to any possibility

Buddha boy story link

[Mod Edit: reduced nested quotes]

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
nothing in flesh is immortal. vampires existed for a short time in our history, they were angels with lust for mortal blood. the laws have changed since then making it a lot harder for them to interact with mortals.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

lol i agree... i would fear more a banker than a vampire itself
banker are more dangerous.... they break famillies appart
and they stole generations lands from old people
they are the real vampires of todays
wheres buffy when we need her

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Archirvion
Good thread
To be honest i simply love the subject, i now work as a scientist for the government with extra terrestrials and i can tell you that if its something that has been more interesting than E.T, its vampires. Me and my friend used 5 years of our lives studying vampires, but with no hard evidence as result.

We found out at least that the theory of actually real "fiction" vampires might be real.

you have the best job in the world thats for sure lol

what did you mean by .. you work with extraterrestrials??? ..... or you work on the subject of extraterrestrials... big difference between both

one year ago a story from a city that was strange and very interesting....
who would make an entire boulevard city road to smell like garlic so vampire stay far from them

The Garlic Plants In The Road Is To Keep The Vampires Out

ya me to i started sometime ago to have doubts like you "the theory of actually real "fiction" vampires might be real."

unlike my UFO "one time proof" .. never really had any proof for vampires .. just doubts, concerns and more questions

especially with that city that are afraid of real vampires :S

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Wow. I ... just... wow. hahaa! I dont even know where to begin with this. Thanks though I quite enjoyed it! Are there any giant hairy Amish folks working with you and the aliens or ... no probably not i guess they are not big on technology.

[Mod Edit: Removed large quote]

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by tasteslikethunder

we never know .. some people may actually work with aliens on some unknow projects...
its been 50years that peoples say Aliens have been working with some secret government officials
would love to question him more on that

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Hi guys, I'm a new member on ATS, although I have been reading on here for ages. I was wondering if anyone has had an actual experiance with a vampire. I am sceptical about Vampire's actually exsisting and being anything more than just fiction. I have always been curious about Vampires and had a intrest in them. Also I was curious about links between "black eye children" and Vampires. All accounts of people who claim to have interacted with black eyed children say they as for permission into their homes, which from what I am aware of, Vampires need to be able to enter a home. Many reports of the children also say that they have very pale skin and perfect white teeth. Like I said I am a sceptic, but am open minded about this all. I would love to be proved that they do exsist.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowCatt.
Like I said I am a sceptic, but am open minded about this all.
I would love to be proved that they do exsist.

Stared!!!
i agree

any supernatural/mythical creatures would be awesome to proove

witchs ... dragons...vampires...aliens etc etc...
especially the loch ness monster

now they are only doubts and fairy dreams in our mind

[edit on 8/25/2010 by Ben81]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   
this is one i know for a fact and is also a myth. Let me explain, the fact is there are some that believe in bloodletting; cutting on ones self and drinking the blood of them and others. You can see them on club nights, dressed in black, black lip stick, black nails polish, and white faces. The sign of witch is the up side down cross cut in or tatood on the kneck, scares on back of the hand or leg and at the anckel. Yes they think they are 100's if not thousans of years old.
Nice to get world history form them,and facts like names dates places, adds to the prosonna and the realissem.
Now for the myth; our vamps are baced on Vald Tepe or more commenly known as Vald the impaler, liked to put his trophys heads of his foes on poles leading up the path to welcome his guests. the years of Vlad rule of Walachia are from 1456 to 1462, he was born 1431 died,being assassinated in 1476. not till 1897 do we hear of vampiers and of count dracula, and well...we know the rest.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

I agree with your observations but must include that it goes farther back even than that. The drinking of blood has been a culture staple for pagan and indigenous ancient peoples since biblical times, perhaps even farther back than that. The truth is that blood consumption has been considered a dark art perhaps since the beginning of religion itself. It can be argued then that our fear of drinking the very substance which keeps us alive has been ingrained in our very DNA much like the way animals stick together at night or keep moving to sway predators. We stay inside our homes and convince ourselves that we are safe there because we can't see in the dark and fear that there are predators out there hunting us who can. We are the natural top dogs in this world...but inside we still have that instinctual fear that we might be wrong...

That being said, I believe in vampires and other mythical beasts. If a monster has its roots in every culture and myth spanning the world since long before written history...it stands to reason that there might well be some truth behind it.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Well if we go back to the Bram Stoker book dracula was actually a repulsive creature. With his fetd breath and hair growing out of his palmshe would hardly have been a popular date. I read somewhere that Stoker actually drew on Irish mythology in developing the vampire mythos.

I believe the sociologists would have a wonderful times commenting on the evolution of the vampire and I believe that the british Hammer horror films were a necessary stage of sexing up vampires.

I do believe in psychic vampires but not the blood drinking types from popular films
edit on 22-12-2010 by tiger5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   
If alien beings, ghosts and other named and nameless things can exist (and only those of us who've seen them know for sure), then maybe we shouldn't be so quick to dismiss the possibility of vampires. Vampires might even be an alien race themselves, for all anyone knows.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Naaw I thought the manaed was by far more beautiful. Anna Paquin looks like a kid but then again I am middle aged. For me the new films are by far more interesting than the old myths. But tht is all due to stroylines and production values.
edit on 4-1-2011 by tiger5 because: Add a sentence.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Vampires and stories have been around for longer than history records,but history does tell us they were around about 520 bc.

lewisnightvampire.freeforums.org... ..... join to see more than you do
Allure of the Vampire
A forum I created for people that have questions like yours.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Here in New England, USA, vampire lore goes back several centuries. (I know, I researched this and devoted a chapter to it in one of my books.) Someone would die of 'consumption' aka tuberculosis. The disease literally decimated entire families. In order to stop the disease, bodies were exhumed from their graves until one was found that showed 'symptoms of life,' i.e. rosy skin, blood on the mouth, etc. This corpse was thought to be the vampire.

(No, these vampires did NOT sparkle.)

The heart would be removed from the corpse and burnt to ashes. The ashes were then mixed into hot water and this 'tea' was given to the remaining family members to drink. People actually believed this tea was the cure, as was reburying the vampire with a stake through the body to 'pin it to the ground'... just as they believed the disease was spread by the vampire itself.

Bram Stoker had newspaper clippings concerning Mercy Lena Brown of Rhode Island who was believed in the 1890s to have been a vampire who fed off her family members. She was just one of many. Mr. Stoker probably based some characteristics of his Dracula from what he'd read in the papers.

Nosferatu, btw, means 'plague bringer.' Interesting.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join