It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

The Man in the Mirror

page: 1
4

log in

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
How long can you bare to stare?




I had a few hours to kill today and decided to put this together along with a quick beat i made a couple of days ago.

I did this mainly for reflection purposes.

Feel free to comment and please s&f if you appreciate the angle.

Thanks




posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Spirit777
 


Pretty good, good issues - and I like the minimalist dubstep/psytrance beat.



posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ghostsoldier
reply to post by Spirit777
 


Pretty good, good issues - and I like the minimalist dubstep/psytrance beat.


Thanks, glad you liked it.

I was thinking of doing a few more, maybe going a bit more detailed into certain subject areas from my perspective...

P&B



posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Great vid of the violent and torn world we live in. I hope the right people see this and realize that this has got to stop!


Peace



posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
It's an interesting watch.
I'm not agreeable with the 'lost youth' section though!
In that section you show a number of images with youth doing absolutely NOTHING illegal - just swearing at the camera?
So what! That is not a fair representation....



posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Hahaa!! Kimbo Slice at 1:06!

But yeah. That was an interesting watch, and I appreciate the time you put into making it. Definitely a S&F so that others get to share!

Humanity needs to take a look in the mirror, and I hope your video can help make a few more good people realise that!



posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by PeaceUk
It's an interesting watch.
I'm not agreeable with the 'lost youth' section though!
In that section you show a number of images with youth doing absolutely NOTHING illegal - just swearing at the camera?
So what! That is not a fair representation....


I can understand your perspective but my aim was to show that in the world there exists a youth gang mentality. Where this, from a UK perspective was only really evident in america 15 or so years ago, it is now widespread. Gangs are full of lost youths with nowhere to go and nothing to do. As a result they often turn to drugs and crime and yes this is not applicable to every individual in a gang. It is the gang and youth mentality that i tried to portray in this video and i feel that the images give a clear and direct picture of the mantality within gang culture. It is predominantly fierce, competetive, brutal and unconscious. I think an important thing to remember is that even though there is a lot of negative energy within gangs they are also breeding grounds for some of the most intellectual, creative and influential minds. For me it is just sad that they do not channel all that energy into something constructive as opposed to something destructive.

I hope this gives you a more open perspective than that of the pictures alone.

Peace and blessings.



posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Robbed In Albion.
Hahaa!! Kimbo Slice at 1:06!

But yeah. That was an interesting watch, and I appreciate the time you put into making it. Definitely a S&F so that others get to share!

Humanity needs to take a look in the mirror, and I hope your video can help make a few more good people realise that!


Yes i well spotted. I knew who he was and intentionally put him amongst the clips. Even tho people may associate him to the world of violent physical paid sport the fact still remains that there is an element of barbarianism to his actions.

I am glad you enjoyed the video. I am sure i will make more and hopefully reach people with some good messages to ponder.

If you get a moment would you please comment on the following thread.
I put it out there a few days ago and no one replied to it.

I think it is worth at least some discussion.

Please let me know what you think of it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Peace and blessings.



posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Spirit777
 


Yeah. Well he now works as part of the UFC (I think he's still with them, anyway), but he did start out specifically as a 'backyard brawler'. There's a lot of videos on YouTube of him floating around, beating guys, for little reason than gambling, etc.

And sure, I'll take a look at the thread now.



posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Robbed In Albion.
reply to post by Spirit777
 


Yeah. Well he now works as part of the UFC (I think he's still with them, anyway), but he did start out specifically as a 'backyard brawler'. There's a lot of videos on YouTube of him floating around, beating guys, for little reason than gambling, etc.

And sure, I'll take a look at the thread now.


Yes, unfortunatly i have seen a few of them and they really made me question why we would batter and beat the cra* out of one of our own brothers or even sisters for that matter. It really is in my opinion and illnees or a sickness within humanity that exists in many people who have no regard for the preservation of the beauty of life. The are intent on brutality and destruction and it is people like this that need the most assistance. Help to make them understand that their actions impact on the world around them. Kimbo brought out of himself and into our worlds something very shocking and disturbing. He could have painted a picture of a flower and given it to a child which made the child happy, perhaps he even did at one stage in his life but my point is that he like many of us made choices that ended in human suffering. We are not perfect but we must at least start making conscious choices which do not impact on humanity negatively. We must cut the negative cycles and stop them in their tracks and then reflect. It is the only out of the chaos that surrounds us.

And thanks for time and effort re: the attached thread.

Peace and blessings.



posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Spirit777
 


After considering it a little more, whilst I do think humanity could do without the wanton bloodlust, would removing such a trait make us less human? Would removing the want and need to prove ourselves better than our peers take away a vital aspect of what makes us the people we are?
Some things are basic, primal instinct, and by taking them away, you take away the basis for the person.

Whilst I don't condone violence, you can't tell me you haven't enjoyed watching a boxing match, or UFC fight, etc, and if you did, I'm afraid I'd have a hard time believing you.. In a way, it's our want and need for something to talk about, whether it shocks us, upsets us, or excites us. It's here, and I think it'll be here to stay, unless there is some form of great spiritual enlightenment, en masse.

Edit; And there's no need to thank me, my friend.

[edit on 25/7/10 by Robbed In Albion.]



posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by PeaceUk
It's an interesting watch.
I'm not agreeable with the 'lost youth' section though!
In that section you show a number of images with youth doing absolutely NOTHING illegal - just swearing at the camera?
So what! That is not a fair representation....


Sorry but "just swearing at the camera" is completely a fair representation of your point. Using your logic, we are viewing the world though our culturally accepted norms - therefore, youths swearing and being threatening towards others is now an accepted norm i guess.

In your opinoin, what would happen if youths in Iran did the same?? is that fair?

My point is that its never a fair representation as there will never be ONE completely objective human unconditioned by society to pass judgement.

Good vid, but it would also be nice to see the good that is done by (the minority of) humans too.



posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Good work. This is the way to influence people.

Here's hoping you begin a virtuous circle.



posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Robbed In Albion.
reply to post by Spirit777
 


After considering it a little more, whilst I do think humanity could do without the wanton bloodlust, would removing such a trait make us less human? Would removing the want and need to prove ourselves better than our peers take away a vital aspect of what makes us the people we are?
Some things are basic, primal instinct, and by taking them away, you take away the basis for the person.

Whilst I don't condone violence, you can't tell me you haven't enjoyed watching a boxing match, or UFC fight, etc, and if you did, I'm afraid I'd have a hard time believing you.. In a way, it's our want and need for something to talk about, whether it shocks us, upsets us, or excites us. It's here, and I think it'll be here to stay, unless there is some form of great spiritual enlightenment, en masse.

Edit; And there's no need to thank me, my friend.

[edit on 25/7/10 by Robbed In Albion.]


Yes. This is how we have been and now we can see the fruits of our labor all around us. We are at a turning point in history, a time of revolution and great spiritual changes. It is now down to us to shed the old skin of who we are and emerge into higher life forms. We must look at the past and our actions and the impact of them on the world and see that there is a better way. We cannot continue living in this way of violence and expect the world to heal. It is when we come away from the beastial mentality within us that we progress and become enlightened or evolved beings.

Yes i have seen fights but of late everytime i see one my heart cries a tear. I do not enjoy seeing one human fight or maim or kill another when , simply, there is no need. But then maybe there are those of us that exists that need some form of entertainment. I would only pray that they seek other forms of entertainment not ones that promote negativity in the world.



posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nerevar

Originally posted by PeaceUk
It's an interesting watch.
I'm not agreeable with the 'lost youth' section though!
In that section you show a number of images with youth doing absolutely NOTHING illegal - just swearing at the camera?
So what! That is not a fair representation....


Sorry but "just swearing at the camera" is completely a fair representation of your point. Using your logic, we are viewing the world though our culturally accepted norms - therefore, youths swearing and being threatening towards others is now an accepted norm i guess.

In your opinoin, what would happen if youths in Iran did the same?? is that fair?

My point is that its never a fair representation as there will never be ONE completely objective human unconditioned by society to pass judgement.

Good vid, but it would also be nice to see the good that is done by (the minority of) humans too.


Many thanks,

My plan is to work on a video portraying the total opposite of this video...
showing the loving and caring aspects of humanity and then putting them side by side allowing people to see the possibility of the two worlds we can create.



posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Karilla
Good work. This is the way to influence people.

Here's hoping you begin a virtuous circle.


Many thanks Karilla.

Peace and blessings to you.



posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
since this thread is titled man in the mirror, i feel like i have a duty to mention the name "michael jackson". don't tell me i am the only one who clicked it for this reason. that's ignorant.



posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by do u c he b a g
since this thread is titled man in the mirror, i feel like i have a duty to mention the name "michael jackson". don't tell me i am the only one who clicked it for this reason. that's ignorant.


Not really. I actually listend to that MJ song whilst making this video.



posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Spirit777
 


Unfortuantely, i fear you may struggle to find 5 minutes worth of humans doing good to one another...

good luck!



posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nerevar
reply to post by Spirit777
 


Unfortuantely, i fear you may struggle to find 5 minutes worth of humans doing good to one another...

good luck!


I will aim to surprise you



new topics

top topics



 
4

log in

join