It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conspiracy Theory Antidisestablismentarianism Shepherds Cretinoid Sheep

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by VneZonyDostupa

Lol..I was going to give you the same request but I have already seen all of the ignorant claims against nature.

It is pretty clear that you have a belief and I am not required to change it.

I will however defend myself against MSM rants about health. The MSM is commercial and marketing department for the pharmaceutical companies. They want you hooked.

How come there are no studies to show the relationship between Prozac, lithium and heavy metal based psychotropic drugs to the rise in Asperger’s or autism? But everyone has an opinion about how fruits and vegetables will kill you!

Highest Sources of Iron

Probiotics for B12

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by zroth

How come there are no studies to show the relationship between Prozac, lithium and heavy metal based psychotropic drugs to the rise in Asperger’s or autism?

Probably because there is no logical connection between the two. Increases in the use of those drugs (all belonging to different classes, which further discredits the idea that they all contribute in the exact same manner to ASD), does not correspond to an increase in autism. When the use of these drugs spiked, wouldn't we see a sudden spike in ASD, as well? Why don't we? Autism has gradually increased along with the population. The reclassification of autism into a class of disorders (autism spectrum disorder) confused a lot of people not in the medical field and made them think autism had suddenly spiked, when in fact, it was being reclassified epidemiologically.

But everyone has an opinion about how fruits and vegetables will kill you!

I've never heard anyone claim this. You're more sensationalist than FoxNews.

Highest Sources of Iron

I'm not sure why you posted this. I never accused vegans of being iron-deficient. In fact, the only mention of iron in my posts was in a list of nutrients you can get from fish.

What was the point of this link?

Probiotics for B12

Again, not sure why you posted this link, as I never mentioned B12. Are you posting these in the hopes that I'll forget which nutrients I DID mention?

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   

My grandmother lived to 99 and no she was not on a lot of meds. As a matter of fact, she kept her own garden up to her 80s and had to quit when her hand got caught in a car door and broke her fingers. My husband's grandfather died at 106 and his grandmother two years later at 105. Neither were medicated. I think much of it had to do with life style. They lived away from cities and grew their own food, raised chickens, etc. Many of those who died at age 30 or 40 was usually due to accident.

reply to post by Danbones

Thanks for the info, I'v already incorporated some of that. Not sure how to get an hour of exercise a day though. I walk with a cane and not very well at that. But I do like the link and plan to read more later.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by VneZonyDostupa

You're more sensationalist than FoxNews.

Not too hard to do but thanks.

I'm not sure why you posted this. I never accused vegans of being iron-deficient. In fact, the only mention of iron in my posts was in a list of nutrients you can get from fish.

What was the point of this link?

You mentioned supplements are required to meet iron needs. That is actually not true in a balanced diet. This is why I posted the source.

Again, not sure why you posted this link, as I never mentioned B12. Are you posting these in the hopes that I'll forget which nutrients I DID mention?

You mentioned macrocytic anemia which is attributed a B12 deficiency. This is why I posted the source. You actually did not mention any specific nutrients that are deficient. It was a broad sweeping "many other nutrients" comment.

Protein is easy to come by from dark greens and tofu is equal to eggs.

The standard American’s response to a vegan is this same type of offensive response, defending this false farmer ideal that died in the 40s. The food industry is lying to us similar to the other corrupt systems failing all around us. There are still nations that grow their food properly. Denmark is a good example.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by zroth
You mentioned supplements are required to meet iron needs. That is actually not true in a balanced diet. This is why I posted the source.

I most certainly did not mention that supplements are required to meet iron needs. Can you please quote the part of my post that says this?

You mentioned macrocytic anemia which is attributed a B12 deficiency.

Amongst about a dozen other deficiencies. This is why medicine shouldn't be left to the laymen. You probably googled "macrocytic anemis", picked the wikipedia link from your search results, and then saw "b12 deficiency" and assumed that is the main cause. It's certainly one of the more COMMON causes in the general population, but vegans are not typical of the general population. B12, folate, essential amino acids, these are all things that can also cause macrocytic anemias of one sort or another.

This is why I posted the source. You actually did not mention any specific nutrients that are deficient. It was a broad sweeping "many other nutrients" comment.

You're right, and I apologize. I thought I had edited my original post shortly after posting it to add in the specific nutrients. So, here they are:

-Calcium: the few vegans I know have to buy "enriched" soy products to get enough calcium...which would suggest an all veggie diet wouldn't be reasonable.

-Omega-3 fatty acids: a tiny, three ounce salmon filet has a gram of this essential fatty acid. I'm unable to find how much flax you would have to eat to equal this amount, because all the vegan sites simply say "grind the flax up and eat it in your soups, salads, drinks, whenever you can", in other words, it takes MUCH more flax to rival the amount in a nutritious, delicious piece of grilled salmon. Can you tell it's my favorite fish?

Those are the two main deficiencies I've seen in the clinic, usually manifesting as weakness/fatigue (in the case of calcium) or neurological issues (in the case of omega-3).

The standard American’s response to a vegan is this same type of offensive response, defending this false farmer ideal that died in the 40s. The food industry is lying to us similar to the other corrupt systems failing all around us. There are still nations that grow their food properly. Denmark is a good example.

So, what's your reasoning for the fact that every culture on the planet, from the oldest to the youngest, factors meat into their traditional diets? The bushmen of southern Africa still hunt for meat, despite a diet heavy in grains and vegetables. The nomads of Siberia still raise animals for meat, as do the nomads of central Asia and the jungle tribes of south and central America.

Are you suggesting that some nasty "food industry" people went back in time tens of thousands of years and force-fed all the ancient people some meat, and then told them it was necessary to live?

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   

We'll just have to agree to disagree.

I don't tell people to stop eating meat and I don't stand for people telling me I have to eat it.

There are just some obvious biased views based on the people paying for the curriculum that is taught.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by zroth

No one is telling you that you have to eat it. I just thought I would balance your information with mine.

Do you think it's better people be uninformed about the pros and cons of a non-meat diet? That's an awfully fascist thing to do, denying people information.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Sri Oracle

Well, I got an email back telling me that I "have my whole life ahead of me, why would I want to do this etc. etc. and here are the issues that are key, requiring scientific vigor etc. etc."

I emailed him back with some points and information, stating that my challenge still stands for public discourse on the issue to help alleviate the social problems that are arising from conspiracy theories and theorists.

Nothing back yet. In a couple days, if no response, I will email him again and let him know that I will be publishing his response. I feel this is the only way to handle the situation.

He obviously didn't take me seriously.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join