It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terror Attack Closes Russian Hydro Plant, Kills 2

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Terror Attack Closes Russian Hydro Plant, Kills 2

www.businessweek.com

A group of three to five people broke into the station, killed two guards and assaulted two workers before planting explosives on the premises, the Investigative Committee of the Prosecutor General’s Office said today on its website. Four devices detonated and a fifth was defused, investigators said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Breaking News Forum Submission Guidelines – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 21/7/2010 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Not seen anything of this in the news....I wonder why?

Anyone got any more information or comments on this?

www.businessweek.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 21-7-2010 by Pockets to add]

So some group has blown up some turbines on a 75 year old hydro electric dam....Now comes the tyranny for all under control of the Russians............"Remember.....no Russian"

[edit on 21-7-2010 by Pockets]

Mod Edit: Breaking News Forum Submission Guidelines – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 21/7/2010 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
It is quite suspicious that both Russia and China are in the world press with oil related issues.

Russia is having an oil issue when China is also facing a recent major oil spill which has shut down one of their ports. Here is a ATS link covering the oil spill.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

China's oil spill is going to be an environmental disaster for them affecting marine and sea life which will impact food and long term death rates from starvation and any ensuing social problems that food shortages cause in China and elsewhere in the affected areas.

With China and Russia both within the span of a week both having oil related issues, it will no doubt impact the oil markets and eventually what we end up paying for gas at the pump. With so many products made from oil products it only stands to reason it will also drive up prices all around for a lot of products.

While it could lead to fuel shortages, fuel rationing, once it gets real bad, it will add to the coming World War in a way that just screams "CONTROL" and lots of profits while they follow their cookbook for how to prepare for the NWO and eliminate everyone considered useless in the process.

Add in the national security issues for all nations concerned and I for one see a build up of orchestrated world events needed to make billions of dollars and to begin control measures needed for the eventual World War III that is being prepared for our viewing enjoyment.

We should begin to see much more of these separate events in the media. If anyone tries to push the hidden war, secret retaliation for what is already going on, then these two events could be made to look like retaliation.

If on the other hand it is an orchestrated collaborate event, then the media will sell us with their propaganda while the other two nations do the same. Creating hate and an enemy appears to be on the agenda. Anyway, the media will be the secret way to tell if these are separate world events or if this some fake world theater where we begin being told who to hate and who to fear. The new enemy to fear and to hate has to be somewhere in the process.

Time will tell but their propaganda will also tell. Time to pay attention because if I am not mistaken, even N.Korea is also recently in the mix and that implies a world problem that many have national consequences for us and everyone else on the planet. Here is the link to the K. Korean article.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thanks for the posting. It is a good find. I am certain we will see and hear more of this in the very near future.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by MaxBlack

Thanks for you in depth opinion and analysis

In my view there are a few possibility's of what has happened

1: A group from Chechnya has orchestrated and pulled off a major hit against there "enemy"

2: Islamic terror assets have orchestrated and pulled off a major hit against there "enemy"

3: Russia has blown up it's own dam for more power and control

4: The west has orchestrated and controlled an operation done by "insert your bad men here" against there ally

Your right in thinking that this is going to hit the little man in the pocket...but as you also said...this could be a part of a secret war being waged across the globe....if it keeps going on like this some one is going to get found out

I'm going for option 3 or 4 right now

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Not very good terrorists. I am not the least bit terrified.

Funny how when you use a word too much, it loses its power. It's nothing more than a label for people the government doesn't like. Whatever happened the terms thugs and criminals

[edit on 7-21-2010 by rogerstigers]

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

These people have murdered 2 guards and blown up parts of a hydro electric dam this is not the work of thugs and criminals

At least 75 people were killed in an accident at RusHydro’s Sayano-Shushenskaya plant in Siberia last August, which will cost more than $1 billion to rebuild.
From same source given in op

This is a dark war

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pockets

These people have murdered 2 guards and blown up parts of a hydro electric dam this is not the work of thugs and criminals

At least 75 people were killed in an accident at RusHydro’s Sayano-Shushenskaya plant in Siberia last August, which will cost more than $1 billion to rebuild.
From same source given in op

This is a dark war

The mafia in the 20s and 30s blew up millions of dollars worth of bank property and killed dozens if not hundreds of people. Why were they not terrorists?

My point is not the severity of their crimes. My point is the flagrant use of words to the point that they no longer have any meaning.

Also, I am not at all coming down on you or anyone else, really. It was more targetted at the overall english speaking population.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
The accident that killed the 75 poeple was an accident:

19:15 03/10/2009©...

...MOSCOW, October 3 (RIA Novosti) - The Russian industrial safety regulator, Rostekhnadzor, announced on Saturday the results of a probe into the August disaster at the country's largest hydroelectric power station.

The August 17 disaster at the Sayano-Shushenskaya plant on Siberia's Yenisei River destroyed a turbine hall and killed 75 people.

"I will not conceal that the first theory was a terror attack... We have probed into everything in detail, no traces of a terror attack have been found," Nikolai Kutyin, Rostekhnadzor head, told reporters.

He said a number of aspects, including design, operation and repair drawbacks, had caused the disaster.

According to Rostekhnadzor's findings, ex-Russian top energy officials, including former electricity monopoly chief Anatoly Chubais are to blame for what had caused the accident.

The heads of the plant itself and its owner, RusHydro, also failed to take every effort to prevent the disaster, while the Sayano-Shushenskaya staff had not been trained for the disaster scenario, the technical probe said.

en.rian.ru...

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   

It's nothing more than a label for people the government doesn't like.

Yes in certain ways it is but the government loves us all doesn't it?

I'm sure the Russian government isn't too fond of getting there dams blown up by these people they don't like

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
from the comments on the OPs link:

The plant was stormed on Wed, July 21. So how is there a comment here from Sun, May 9?

Sun May 09, 2010 04:30 pm PDT Report Abuse I would like to say great work Russia

[edit on 21-7-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
another piece to add to the equation is the pipeline in turkey that was just. bombed.
that has been hit so many times I cant find the article for today's.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

I have no Idea what you are talking about...the link I gave doesn't even have a comments section

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Caucasians are at it again .

This war has been going on for over 300 years .

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   

I think the major difference is motive.

The mafia committed their crimes for profit and criminal enterprise.

A person is a terrorist if the crimes committed are for political or religious gain, rather than monetary gain.

As there is no evidence of "obvious" monetary gain*, the only sensible reason is political, therefore the title "Terrorist" or probably more correctly, "Activist" should be used.

* The tin hat wearing part of me is screaming that this could be far from political and more than likely involves the oil conglomerates, who seem to be having a secret war between themselves. I still say the Gulf of Mexico leak was industrial sabotage.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by rogerstigers

Funny how when you use a word too much, it loses its power. It's nothing more than a label for people the government doesn't like. Whatever happened the terms thugs and criminals

[edit on 7-21-2010 by rogerstigers]

I'm sure an attack on a Russian hydro station wouldn't terrify a Texan

And terrorist is a label? In your country it is, in Russia terrorism is actually a real threat. 9/11 was a fabricated joke, especially compared to what Russian people have to put up with. How many times has Washington been hit by suicide bombers? Moscow has a handful of incidents over the past fear years alone.

I would consider it terrorism if I can't even go on a subway or walk down the street without thinking that I might get into a gunfight or a bombing by extremists. There is no such threat to the US, and never was. The only people who overuse the label of "terrorist" happen to be Americans (and some RCMP dickheads) and it's used to rally American people into blindly starting wars.

So really who's fault is it, the American government who intentionally mislabels people as terrorists or their people who are unable to determine for themselves what a terrorist really is.

Seriously, nobody gives Russia the credit it deserves. Russia knows what terrorism really is, Americans have no clue unless it's force fed into their MSG-filled craniums.

new topics

top topics

join