It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brighouse Crop Circle up close [10 pics - now smaller size]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Caught a glimpse of this crop circle while driving on the M62 between Leeds and Huddersfield, while on vacation in the UK. Had to hop a fence and tredge through a wheatfield for these pics but a few people had done the same before me so no damage done. This circle hasbeen around for at least 4-5 days. Seems to me it's manmade: made on tractor lines and stalks broken at ground level.

Have a look!

Here's the mile marker on M62 in case anyone wants to visit live.

I had a previous post discussing this but didn't have pics. May also be on ATS somewhere.

[edit on 21-7-2010 by Thermo Klein]

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
changed the pic size.

[edit on 21-7-2010 by Thermo Klein]

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Holy huge pictures!

Are there any areal shots of this that you're aware of?

Also, I'm not sure posting the marker is a good idea. Just because other people are doing it, doesn't make it OK or legal. I don't know what your laws are over there, but here, that's considered trespassing. I'm sure the farmer doesn't want a bunch of people tromping around in his field.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ecidemon
Holy huge pictures!

Are there any areal shots of this that you're aware of?

Also, I'm not sure posting the marker is a good idea. Just because other people are doing it, doesn't make it OK or legal. I don't know what your laws are over there, but here, that's considered trespassing. I'm sure the farmer doesn't want a bunch of people tromping around in his field.

Tresspassing and destruction of property (the crops).

Having said that, I've got some time off work next week, I might just have to pop up and have a look. Depends on whether I can be bothered with the 4 hour round trip. The waether's supposed to be nice and sunny, so I just might. I've got nothing better to do

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Hope you don't mind my asking, but where are you staying over there? Pontefract is my home town, I am sure you have seen signs for it on your travels on the M62, its a little odd that anyone would go on vacation in that area. I hope you are enjoying your stay tho!

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Now people, this HOW YOU SHOULD TAKE UFO PICTURE, not those grainy ones.
You should take a few truckload of the crops, for "edible test".

Conspiracy Sidetrack:
I can see the message, it says "BP, pay 1 trillion"

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
What makes you think this crop circle is man made? This is hardly likely given its proximity to to a busy road. The hoaxers would never take the risk of being spotted even at night from the road. The photos don't show evidence of stalks broken at their bases. Even if they were, how do you know you were the first to enter it? Others could have entered it before you and snapped some of the stalks under their feet. Broken stalks are NEVER proof that a crop circle is man made unless there is 100% certainty that no one visited it before you. That is usually very difficult to prove, unless one arrives very early in the morning at a field where a crop circle has formed during the night.

So we could have a genuine crop circle with stalks bent at swollen nodes but damaged by previous visitors walking over some of them, making those arriving later wrongly infer that it was man made

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by micpsi

To be fair, this is the M62. I assure you, you wouldn't notice people at the side of the road, at night, going 70mph. Most British motorways are unlit for the most part.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by micpsi

I believe this one is faked because there is no evidence of swollen, exploded, or damaged nodes and all the stalks are broken at ground level (visible in the pics as far as I'm concerned and certainly visible live). I didn't have any electrical equipment to verify/compare radiation levels. It's also on a tractor line within one step of all circles.

I'm generally a crop circle proponent since they go back almost 1,000 years, have been reported in nearly 20 countries, sometimes show physical abnormalities in the stalk nodes, and allegedly exhibit soil radiation anamolies. After years of general study I personally conclude this one's faked - obviously, feel free to believe whatever you like.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
to address a few of those things mentioned

providing info is what we do here, what someone does with the info on a mile marker is up to them.

I'm in Huddersfield area for a wedding. Been traveling all over the place though.

I didn't destroy much property because the footsteps were already there. Did a little trespassing though, I'm ok with that in the name of ATS

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by nik1halo
reply to post by micpsi

To be fair, this is the M62. I assure you, you wouldn't notice people at the side of the road, at night, going 70mph. Most British motorways are unlit for the most part.

About a third of the motorway and major A-road network is lit. The section of the M62 between Leeds and Huddersfield looks lit all the way if you check out google maps on satellite with the labels off. You can clearly see the lamp-posts.

I don't think that has anything to do with your conclusion, though, with which I agree. People probably wouldn't be noticed as the lights are confined to the roadway with as little light as possible being wasted on illuminating crops, unless they were using lights themselves that is. Ease of access, as shown by the OP getting into the field so easily, isn't an issue and the perpetrators probably banked on it getting noticed during the next day by passing traffic, as has happened.

new topics

top topics

join