It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Horse Races

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   
After three heavy threads in a row, to this forum. The last one you could
describe using various negatives. So This time around I've decided to go a bit lighter. Yes in the same forum.

Whatever the chances are, the universe is the result of magic with out a magician.
No. 1 horse BIG BANG.

We all, as humans, must give respect to the equel chance the magic was performed by a magician.

Horse No.2 SUPREME DESIGN

I have heard scientists are saying that energy is never destroyed, only transformed. Sounds to me like that would apply to a life force energy as well. Could this not be seen to correlate once again with scripture. As in a soul (energy) leaving the body (transformed) to an afterlife.
Seems to at least raise the possibility.
In which we would have no choice in the matter. Dosn't that ring a bell?

In this horserace you must make a bet. The only wager accepted is your life. Two horses in this race. That puts the odds at even, if you just took a wild stab at it.
Which one has your wager? Lose the bet lose your life. (hypothetically)
Also any shots about gambling being a sin.( again this is all hypothetical).
if it helps consider their stables to be in the twilight zone.

Handicapp each horse. Make your bet. Tell why you wagered the way you did.
i hope to use good points and arguements to chart the course of the race. Giving us a finish at the end of the thread.

side note trivial.
I got this idea, from my Dads birthday just
passing. He was a Thoroughbred Racehorse Trainer.
His name anagrams to E PET HORSES.
I wonder who can come up with his name.

THEEEIR AT THE POST!!

[edit on 21-7-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Your dad's name is Peter Shoes!?

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by JackCash

Swing and a miss. No wager? Come on go back and wager.

[edit on 21-7-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Souls do not exist, if a soul is what makes you...'you'. Then explain serious head trauma and folks becoming blank slates, energy cannot be created or destroyed, only converted. How does that equate to an afterlife? its simply means what it says, kinetic energy turning to heat etc no zooming off to magical land. I don't understand your point about the horse.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
i am a nihilist, so i think the horse race is not there to begin with.

if time does occur in "straight line" and we are assuming there was a beginning. how do you get something from nothing? this idea violates the law of non-contradiction. however, if there was always something then the universe is eternal and without limit. in physics "infinite" can be described as the number 0.

who created the creator? how does a universe "factory" make itself?

for me, and im not trying to stir up anything. the most logical explanation is that nothing exists out of necessity.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
His name anagrams to E PET HORSES.
I wonder who can come up with his name.

Peter Shoes?

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
E Pet Horses?

how bout - Herpes Toes?

or Peter Hoses?

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Horse #1 takes my bet.

Horse #2 is at a disadvantage because no one can prove that it's there.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by PieKeeper

Romans 1:20 – For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
God can still exist even if the big bang still happens.

#1 Big Bang

I wager all my credibility. Nevermind, I seem to have none.

[edit on 21-7-2010 by sticky]

Pete Shores as your dads name.

[edit on 21-7-2010 by sticky]

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by PieKeeper

Romans 1:20 – For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

what exactly are you attempting to prove? A premise based on its origins being true is considered a genetic fallacy. It's like saying the bible is true because the bible says its true. essentially - if A then A. a premise that is its own conclusion is always fallacious.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Don't let em get you down randy. One day you could have some really crazy ideas and be 100% sure of them like myself.

I don't even believe that Christ was the son of god, but I'm certain I possess a soul. I'm certain that God exists, but in a buddhist way
I also believe in biological evolution. I don't like the fused chromosome idea, so from there I'll go Ancient Aliens for 1000.

Now, just be glad your beliefs are one or the other

(i gotta go take meds, brb)

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I agree with the idea of a soul or an energy force. I do believe in the spiritual world. As a matter of fact, I have proof, well, it's not physical, but I have witnessed the spirits.

However, I do not believe that any human has it figured out, and that Christianity is not the full answer, at least the way one learns it in churches. Yes, once your physical body dies, your energy force/spirit moves on, but not so much to heaven or hell. Those terms are used to frighten you.

Try deep meditation to communicate with the energy force, but be careful, there are some bad souls out there.

[edit on 21-7-2010 by AHostileMe]

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by AHostileMe

Try deep meditation to communicate with the energy force, but be careful, there are some bad souls out there

I'm reminded of kinison again.

Yeeeah . They have a name for the bad bad oines in the Bible you know what that is don't ya? Know what the Bible calls em. Huh ya.

DEMONS

. The Bible says not to make yourself open to em.
I think I'll listen. Is that ok with you. I mean I realise I'm suppose to worry about what you say. Hey thanks for the great advice man.

You want me to trust what you say, after what you just told me.
Get Out!

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Well science states that matter cannot be created and it CANNOT be destroyed. However, this is partially true. An dby that I mean: By created I mean that once matter is annihilated, for instance lets say that in an atomic bomb when uranium and hydrogen (H-bomb) are destroyed. The matter inside is then converted into violated energy; hence, creating a new mass. This is what I mean by creating matter and mass, it follows the law of Conservation of Matter and the law of Conservation of energy. For each turn themselves into the other, but at the same time give off different measurements. Sometimes completely different than before they are converted into energy. And matter is destroyed by black holes. They cease to cause anything and literally destroy whatever is sucked in. They are voids that do not transform matter into energy and do not follow e=mc2. So it is possible that the universe started on its own and that we are in an "echo". So to speak, because we actually live in a holographic universe. We could essentially be, in simple terms, a TiVo'ed show from a destroyed time. Playing itself on a record player over and over again. It is quite fascinating. So to be honest, bets do not really matter, because we do not "really" exist. We are just holograms.... what we are holograms of is anybodies guess....

And your dads name is:

Pete Hesser or Peter Hess.

[edit on Jul 21st 2010 by TheMythLives]

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
All right do to a lack of interest both horses have been scratched.

My pops name Pete Shores. RIP

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
HOLY # ! Randy!

You out did yourself this time. You manged to call the big bang magic, spewed out the tired old ID arguments of a designer, and then added you own twist to Pascal's wager.

top topics

join