It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So....What are you Drinking

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Apparently Americans and I suppose people all over the planet are drinking alcohol more and more frequently. I personally have given up on drinking as I have a real propensity to drink to excess [binge], act out in antisocial and bizarre ways and go to jail.

But I'm curious as to how and what other members drink and if they can handle it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 21-7-2010 by whaaa]

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I'm boring. Don't drink nothing but coffee, cacao and water

LOL Plenty of other ways to get a headache

Here in Northern Europe people consume lots of alcohol. Also the youth starts to drink in early age. These days Martini is replaced with Vodka ect.

[edit on 21-7-2010 by flymetothemoon]

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I have problems drinking in the UK, see my choice of alcoholic drink isn't very how shall we say? Manly. I really like Rose wine, champagne and white wine. I just tell the bar man im getting it for my girlfriend. I just like the way they make me feel, pints of beer just bloat me and have me going to the toilets every 5 minutes.

I also like Vodka with orange or cranberry juice and a few cocktails now and again

I dont drink as much these days, my hangovers pretty much cripple me

[edit on 21-7-2010 by woodwardjnr]

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Hmmm,
start my day with coffee.
usually drink juice or water throughout the day..sometimes coke.
As for alcohol...beer is my drink of choice, I actually love the taste of it.
Hard stuff, I'm partial to vodka.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
My day consists of a cup of tea in the morning, water for the rest of the day, milk for supper and maybe a carbonated drink at night.

Before i used to drink madly, i was such an alcoholic. but I dont drink at all anymore.
Never went to jail but.. probably would of

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I basically drink water, tea, milk and beer. I love beer, especially IPAs, and I'm lucky to live in PA where we make some awesome beers. Yuengling, Troegs, Lancaster, Erie, Victory, Yards and Otto's. Unfortunately, I'm fairly poor so I mostly drink Milwaukee's Best Ice. If you've never heard of Mil Best, you're lucky. As for liquors, I go for whiskeys. The brown liquors have much more character than the clear.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I stopped drinking alcohol at pretty much age 20 it caused nothing but problems in my family growing up and made me do things I wouldn't do sober so I just thought it's really not worth it! So I pretty much drink fruit juice water and fizzy drinks with the odd cup of tea being english!

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by valiant

Wise man! I drank to excess well into my 40s and never could snap to the fact that my life was out of control because of my drinking and drug usage.

More than likely I would have continued into insanity or death but for the love and concern of some wonderful friends and lovers.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I am having a 6-pac of Natty Light tonight..

trying to watch my girlish figure..

And i'm a GUY!!

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Well my day would start with 4 shots of espresso, I have a machine, water throughout the day, I have a water cool, for 5 gallons of fresh water the refill is $1.85, and at night, especially on the weekends, oh what am I saying when I feel like it, Ill have Jack and Coke- no ice, or vodka straight up.

Usually people think that since I a girl, I cant handle my own, well as far a liquor, bring it... or espresso, either way, I'm alright.

Peace to you...

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 02:18 AM
link   
During the day I usually drink water or tea (I'm English, so sue me
) when the sun goes down however and it's alcohol drinking time then Carling or magners is what I usually go for..... Although I wouldn’t say no if someone was offering anything else ofc.

I don’t get how people can drink wine too much though, I think it's just terrible tasting and it just does nothing for me.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 03:57 AM
link   
I start the day with coffee and proceed to drink gallons of the stuff to keep me going.

Then, at about 7pm, i switch from coffee to cider - which i also drink copious amounts of. I dont feel too bad about it though because cider is basically apple juice and must therefore be packed with vitamin C.

And thats it! That literally is all i ever drink - coffee and cider.

The former to bring me 'up' during the day and the latter to bring me 'down' at night. I repeat the process every day!

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
In The morning either water coffee or an energy drink (Monster,Rockstar,Xience) usually soda in the afternoon but Im trying to cut back on my soda intake. then when I get off work the party begins. maybe ill have a beer (Corona) when I get home. then switch it up to some shots of Jagermeister, or some good whiskey or scotch. or ill make cocktails, I used to be a bartender so my drink knowledge is pretty good. But everyone knows when the booze starts to flow its

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by SilentStigma

I've started drinking those energy drinks too. They're a bit expensive but a big "Monster" helps curb my appetite and I have lost a few needed pounds.

I have friends that like to mix vodka and energy drinks. Crazy ********!!

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Coffee. Coffee. Coffee.

If I'm not drinking coffee....I'm drinking Kool Aid.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

I drink more coffee than anything else, and LOVE cappucino

As re: alcohol, tbh I don't really drink that much nowadays, used to get wasted in my teens but nowadays a couple of glasses of vino and I'm a VERY chillaxed uk today !!!

Oh I LOVE malibu and coke though.....

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Having had bad experiences in my family due to alcohol (my dad hit the bottle a little too much), and having seen the effects it has on someone..I was put off for life. Occasionally have the odd cup like once a weekend but I really prefer tea, lol.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Right now..milk, with oreo cookies..

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I've more or less give up booze. I can't have just one or two and stop and I tend to go on benders.

In the time it took me to learn that about myself I managed to do some pretty screwed up stuff due to alcohol abuse, including (but unfortunately not limited to) totaling a car and ending up in the hospital twice with no memory of how I got there.

These days, I usually just drink coffee all day and Coke or tea with dinner.

I still drink the hard stuff, but only every couple of months or so, when I have a few days off and nothing better to do. Because once I start that's all I'm gonna do until I get it out of my system or I have to go back to work. Whichever comes first. I figure there's no reason to completely avoid doing something I enjoy.

When I drink, it's usually beer and Wild Turkey. I don't really care what kind of beer; whatever is on sale is fine; I'm an occasional drunk, not a beer connoisseur. But Wild Turkey is my liquor of choice.

TheAssoc.

[edit on 22-7-2010 by TheAssociate]

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
right now as I write this I'm drinking some kind of Icelandic thing comes in a n orange can It's called Applsin. It's a foamy . cidery kinda thing very tasty no idea if it's alcoholic or not

it's sorta appley root beer?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join