It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Red Ring clouds approach Fla coast. What are they?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I just stumbled across this on yt. It shows some very odd red rings of clouds approaching the gulf coast of Fla. Does anyone have any ideas of what this might be?
I really don't think they are ufos so I didn't put it on that board. Just odd

in case video doesn't work

Strange red circle clouds

[edit on 21-7-2010 by yigsstarhouse]

[edit on 21-7-2010 by yigsstarhouse]

CX

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   
They look great don't they.

Just had a quick look on Google, quite a few ringed clouds under images, also some very interesting explanations. From natuaral cloud formations to man made....even contrails from an aircraft.

Take a look at the comments on this page, i haven't had time to investigate further (have to pick the kids up in a sec) but one commenter mentions the ring in that pages pic being made by aircraft from RNAS Yeovilton, Ilchester, Somerset.

www.flickr.com...

I'd guess it just being a natural occurrance, and the colour being due to the sunset. Thats just my amateur guess though.

Thanks for posting though, great pic.

CX.

[edit on 21/7/10 by CX]

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Been discussed here:
Link

Hope you have a great day.

CX

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tragic
Been discussed here:
Link

Hope you have a great day.

You can have the same thread subject in more than one part of the forum though, so at least more will see it if it's here as well.

I'd have thought it had more to do with a natural freak formation than from an oil spill.....but as usual thats an uneducated guess on my part.

CX.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Contrails from the fighter jets that practice over the Gulf wiht a beautiful sunset reflecting off of them.

I used to see these all the time in Pensacola and Ft. Walton
Beach.

The jets often leave contrails when making tight turns because of the large pressure differential across the wing and wing tips during a turn. They may not leave any during straight flight, so you get a lot of neat patterns from the dogfight maneuvers.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
That was a great video. BTW, I see where you would have wanted to bring this to people attention, no matter what it may be, as allot of the recent major disasters have had some sort of weird type of signs in the sky.

Peace to you...

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Our skies can certainly present us with some mysterious beauty at times. My guess would be this is an atmospheric diffraction, but I am not an expert. Great vid OP!

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Thats a very cool vid. I've seen northern lights before but nothing in the daytime like that.

the ominous music makes it that much more cool

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Very odd looking, indeed! But I am curious about one thing... anybody else distracted by the fact that the sun & area right around it doesn't seem to change whatsoever (except a maybe slight 'stretching upwards' appearance.)

I don't know the amount of time elapsed, but the setting sun doesn't move in the sky, and the rays and clouds right around it- is there any variation at all?

I am not debunking-- just puzzling!!!

new topics

top topics

join