It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liberal journalists suggest government shut down Fox News

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Really not necessary, all they need to do is move Glenn Beck to the Sci-Fi channel and Fox News can stay.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Edward Herman and Noam Chomsky demolish one of the central tenets of our political culture, the idea of the "liberal media." Instead, utilizing a systematic model based on massive empirical research, they reveal the manner in which the news media are so subordinated to corporate and conservative interests that their function can only be described as that of "elite propaganda."

Who controls the manufacture of news ....?

The Media Owners

The Advertisers

or

The journalists ?

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Didn't read all the post. Don't know if this has been mentioned.

Two problems with the government doing anything.

First and foremost is the free speech issue. Government has no say in this matter as it is a freedom of press issue.

But even more importantly than this, the only Governmental agency that could make a case is the FCC. They have no power nor authority in cable channels as this is satellite broadcasting. There are no station licenses to threaten nor broadcasting authority in play. It is a contract only between a news organization (Fox) and a cable/satellite provider for service.

Liberals just need to sit down and shut the f**K up. I heard their crap for 8 years about GW. Pay back is a bitch.....

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Before you start lumping all liberals together, consider this:

Does Fox News have an agenda of their own? Is "Fair and Balanced" their true agenda or do they intend to deceive their viewers with disinformation like any other cables news channel?

Fox News has had it coming in regards to dislike from certain folks. They shout down their liberal guests and make them out to be buffoons. They spread lies and misinformation freely.

I doubt they'd ever be shut down but people should still question their true agenda and how they aim to achieve it.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by hinky

You mean sit down and shut up like the Tea Party people did for the 8 years that Bush was in office?

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

His deflection was off topic and from what I saw not even related to what weed said.

And what your talking about is not actually the topic either, which I took as being that people X gave reasons X, Y, and Z as to why a fake news station should be shut down.

But mkay...whatever you say. Guess I missed the boat. Not many appear to be staying on topic anyway, but that's typical of this place if anyone even mentions the revered and hallowed FoxNews. Personally, I feel they are viler than excrement, and they make me vomit, but that's off topic too.

[edit on 7/21/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

Hahaha yeah NOW some of them (not all of them mind you) are oooh so worried about the Constitution. Some of them are the VERY pukes who ridiculed some of us when we worried about the Constitution for 9 or even 20 or longer. They called us liberals then. What a joke. Some of them are just disenfranchised, bitter people who placed all their self-worth in a party that FAILED and now they need a new drain for their bile. Well they make me vomit too. They did when they ignored the tearing apart of the Constitution for over 7 years, and they still do now. But no worries. As soon as a "republican" comes back into office, they'll be gone back to "normal."

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I think it should change its name to Fox Entertainment. Fox News is a disingenuous title that does not represent the programming of the network.

[edit on 21-7-2010 by TheOneElectric]

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneElectric
I think it should change its name to Fox Entertainment. Fox News is a disingenuous title that does not represent the programming of the network.

My problem with guys like you is that your ire is focused in one direction. Why don't we see the same energy focused on all the other networks? My suspicion is that you're less concerned with them, because they pander to your views.

In many cases, Fox is doing a lot better reporting then any of the other MSM, who purposely ignore stories for political reasons.

Have you noticed how these alleged paragons of journalism stay ignorant of all the stories that might possibly expose their hypocrisy?

In both cases, "I didn't know". Uh, huh......Right...

Why do they not know all these things about Obama? The answer, they didn't ask! They were too busy attacking anyone who tried to find out. So to me, your outrage is totally disingenuous and in most cases motivated by media propaganda.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Hudson

Simply because I follow the rules good sir, simply because I follow the rules. I am staying on topic and discussing Fox News specifically. You may, create a thread discussing alternative stations, and if I find it interesting I may post.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 07:02 AM
link   
I haven't seen this mentioned yet.

Could it be that those other 'JOURNALISTS' want FOX off the air because FOX kills them in the cable ratings?

Everything usually boils down to money, ideology comes in second.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Which makes this whole thread useless. Any anti-whatever is off topic and the premise dead. I stand by my remarks. This is a ridiculous thread only posted to inflame. I don't blame the OP, I blame the news source that I wouldn't spend 10 seconds on.

With a statement like that, I have to wonder why you are even present on ATS to begin with

This thread was posted to inform members of the facts. Can you dispute the facts without discrediting the reputable source and the emails that they obtained??

Furthermore, you asked me a question regarding the govt. potential for shutting down Fox. I answered by quoting Eric Holder's evasiveness on the general topic and you reply with an amateur response.

Unfortunately, as with any thread that even remotely mentions Fox News the faux news crows have come to roost and have taken the focus off of the JournoList agenda to protect Obama and slight the opposition at all costs!

Glad you're in Canada and not here.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hudson

Originally posted by TheOneElectric

My problem with guys like you is that your ire is focused in one direction. Why don't we see the same energy focused on all the other networks? My suspicion is that you're less concerned with them, because they pander to your views.

In many cases, Fox is doing a lot better reporting then any of the other MSM, who purposely ignore stories for political reasons.

Have you noticed how these alleged paragons of journalism stay ignorant of all the stories that might possibly expose their hypocrisy?

You mean like how no one reports on the Senate Page Scandal or mentions that Reagan lied about the Iran contra scandal. Do any of the news stations repeat Reagan was a liar providing arms to Iran?

Hypocrisy means saying one thing and doing or believing another.
Since Newscasters are not politicians who vote or make decisions affecting us they cannot be hypocrites. They can lie. They can omit information and they can tell stories nobody gives a damn about. Newscasters are seldom in the position to be labeled hypocrites.
Now, there is very scant reporting done regarding, Rothschild and the Illuminati connection and agenda at work in the past history of the US as well as today.
Freemasons instigated the Boston Tea Party so they could remain the secret founders and perpetuate their vision of a New World Order.
Now the golden child Beck, another Nazi sympathizer if you ask me continues the Masonic tradition inspired by the secret order. Benjamin Franklin and Thomas Payne were Satanists...hello?
Divide and conquer. After a while you would think these age old tried and true, devious ploys would become obvious. FOX=NWO

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho

Which makes this whole thread useless. Any anti-whatever is off topic and the premise dead. I stand by my remarks. This is a ridiculous thread only posted to inflame. I don't blame the OP, I blame the news source that I wouldn't spend 10 seconds on.

With a statement like that, I have to wonder why you are even present on ATS to begin with

This thread was posted to inform members of the facts. Can you dispute the facts without discrediting the reputable source and the emails that they obtained??

Furthermore, you asked me a question regarding the govt. potential for shutting down Fox. I answered by quoting Eric Holder's evasiveness on the general topic and you reply with an amateur response.

Unfortunately, as with any thread that even remotely mentions Fox News the faux news crows have come to roost and have taken the focus off of the JournoList agenda to protect Obama and slight the opposition at all costs!

And your responses are very defensive showing you are not open to the possibility FOX might not even be a legitimate News Station but a handy arm of big corps, big pharma, big oil, the industrial military complex and investment bankers the world over. FOX is their voice.
Think about it...Who does represent them? They can afford to buy a News Station, and they did.
Not to say FOX does not provide some great news as well but...
FOX News is in their advertising budgets for countries sake!
Suggestion to shut down FOX News can hardly be called facts. That's just, in the minds of many...A good idea.
If there were an insane, racist screaming from a pulpit anywhere but on FOX News they would be considered inflammatory, obscene and stopped.

Protect Obama?
Why, when the other news stations are critical of Obama does it seem to go right over your head?

As to the OP's original post...I will give them some credit and imagine they are not out to wage war on CNN, MSNBC, HLN or C SPAN watchers...
and take it as just a spot of good news.

And if this thread is meant to advertise some sort of mass liberal movement like a petition going around to get the government to shut down FOX News...???

Where do I sign?

[edit on 22-7-2010 by rusethorcain]

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

I've not seen much about Israel. And Zionism is support for an Israeli state. Zionism ended in 1949. Since then, its plain old boring nationalism. The same nationalism all nations have and the same reason I couldn't give a crap what happens to Israel or Palestine, because I'm not a national.

Considering the Verbal beheading Israel got on CNN and NBC, I think you don't know what you are talking about. Also considering the fact that Israel is a US colony at this point, and we control Israel, not the other way around, you should more or less call it US nationalism. Israel is nothing more and nothing less than the oldest trick in the book to beat an enemy without war. You introduce a puppet state that is modern, your enemy becomes jealous, after some war and destruction, your puppet state still stands and they realize they cannot beat it. So they ally with you and buy your stuff. You make new friends and money. Take note of how the same nations currently buying US military equipment as we upgrade our army are the same middle eastern nations not doing a damn thing about Israel. Because they want their own protection.

Israel has no real power. It's a US colony. The same strategy was done by the US in S America, Asia, and elsewhere. It is indirect conquest by economic supremacy.

reply to post by ~Lucidity

For the record, Obama tore apart the constitution faster than anything Bush could dream to. By late 2007, Bush gave up and rode out his presidency saying the same stuff over and over again.

BTW, this pretty much proves the news agencies are not all the same, considering they bite or love one party or another.

[edit on 22-7-2010 by Gorman91]

[edit on 22-7-2010 by Gorman91]

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   

You apparently haven't followed my posts much. I don't care for MSNBC, CNN or the others either. I get credible news outside of the States.

Thanks for the jab but in this case the feeling is mutual.

My point is, by your answer, Fox isn't going anywhere and if people dwell on this non-issue, just because of what some say, it IS pointless.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   

You apparently haven't followed my posts much

Didn't realize that I was supposed to follow your posts or perhaps I'm still waiting on the invite to join your fan club. Congrats on being proud of yourself though.

I get credible news outside of the States.

Yeah!! That's the second time in this short thread that you have made a distinct effort to mention that irrelevant tidbit. Is there something the rest of us are missing? Please share your list of Intrepid approved news sources with the rest of us unenlightened Americans so we don't have to go through this again!

Please don't list the Euro edition of Media Matters or Al Jazeera.

The next time a large scale liberal media conspiracy is exposed with hard evidence I'll just ignore it or ask you if its ok to post the info on your ATS website.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

I won't dignify that response either than to point out a very good news source: Reuters. You may not like it though. It doesn't tell you what you want to hear. It just tells it like it is.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Ohhhh Reuters? I don't trust them for middle east coverage.

Reuters Admits Cropping Photos of Ship Clash, Denies Political Motive

From Fox. Like I said.

A one-month study of Reuters headlines reveals clear bias in Reuters' Mideast coverage.

Cheers!

That one wouldn't open for me. Regardless. Keep going with you want to hear. It's obvious you don't want to KNOW what's going on.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join