It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liberal journalists suggest government shut down Fox News

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

The point still being, I never said that. If you want to say something yourself, feel free. But please don't do it in response to me or something I posted.

I'm over 3 years old and happen to be conscious. I know there are some major differences among all these media organizations. Again, stop putting words in my mouth and stop pretending to be responding to a point I never made.

[edit on 7/21/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

This is the second time I've seen you do this and I am beginning to suspect you of acting like a troll.

You say something, someone calls you out, and you say you never said it.

You did.

Most everyone knows that FoxNews, MSNBC, CNN, and their ilk are not really news but out-of-control propaganda machines to be viewed solely for their entertainment and alt- or contra-research value and not to be relied on for journalism or facts or investigation of any kind. And if someone doesn't know this, the focus should just continue on educating people about this fact.

I suppose that is my problem with you. You lie and accept ignorance.

[edit on 21-7-2010 by Gorman91]

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   

its not a deflection tactic, its a direct reply to a posters response, and its accurate...

Theres nothing to deflect when the truth is so painfully obvious

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

They all suck? Yeah I think most people know that. And sorry, but it sure seemed like one for a second.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Your bashing Fox for disinformation when MSNBC is guilty of the same? Thats' a nice double standard.

But you're right that censorship isn't the way to go in a free society. And the government isn't going to shut down anyone without making a law to justify it and the Constitution says Congress shall make no law that infringes on the right to free speech and freedom of the press. These 'journalists' ought to be turned into the Ethics Committee for their unconstitutional behavior.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Stare at that blackboard. You can even hear the piccolo playing Dixieland while the fate of the American worker, the individual citizen, goes down the tubes.

I would hate to see Shepard Smith out of a job but just like you wouldn't want someone highly connected to defense contractors like Dick Cheney calling the shots concerning whether or not we go to war, FOX News should neither be a legitimately recognized source for "news."

Why? Because Dick Cheney is highly connected to defense contractors, and has a vested interest in the outcome, so there isn't a way for him to step back and render an impartial judgment.

Similarly, I don't know how you can call a News station with so many allegiances, loyalties and indebtedness to big business, oil, defense contractors, mega corporate and financial institutions in America as well as the worldwide power-brokers of the NWO,
....How can you call this, their creation, their stepchild and resulting entity... a legitimate news station, with unbiased reporting?

There is a serious conflict of interest inherent in Rupert Murdock's FIXED NEWS organization.

A metaphor might be to say FOX News is like the cigarette manufacturers of the news realm. They attempt to coerce and sell an ideology, and they are trying to legitimatize themselves, not by admitting what they represent is essentially "bad" ....but by also pushing something positive, like Nicorette.

Is placing corporate interests, because Corporations are the ones with the money, over workers interest, because they constitute a poor whining populace that doesn't pay your bills....even bad?

This is after all a model of Capitalism. Free enterprise and the free market system working overtime, culminating at it's finest hour.

Capitalism has finally become as a King, with it's own loyal court.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Freedom of speech is all about protecting the rights of people to speak about things that you disagree with.

It doesn't mean much to say that you are all for freedom of speech as long as that speech is something that you agree with.

All too often, liberal view their opinion as the only correct opinion. They view conservative thought as though it is stupid and worse, that it shouldn't be allowed.

Wake up liberals. You should be comfortable with your ideas and argue against things that you don't agree with by using your freedom of speech, not by calling for the dissenting opinion to be silenced.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by 54v!0r531f

On the other hand, MSNBC and its parent, NBC News is so far to the left they are not even in the same galaxy as people with rational thought processes. I realize that many on ATS think that all "establishment" or "main-stream" news sources are shills for some vaguely defined NWO that is manipulating human culture and that in the end, Fox and MSNBC both dance to the same tune. I also have a neighbor who thinks half his brain was removed in a secret lab under I-285 and replaced with an alien biocomputer. Both are equally likely.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
here is a link to a liberal media reporter who managed to fabricate news at the new york times for years.
i am sure many of you remember Jayson Blair......
www.mishalov.com...

i am sure it happens ALL the time, i am sure we are fed lies from santa to ("insert anything here") our entire lives.
the motive? money, morals (even atheist morals ), private agendas, power .... you name it.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by charles_bfg

Most interesting. However, when something like that happens, it usually triggers a cascade of lock outs preventing it from occurring again for a long time.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by charles_bfg

Good point, I remember that story now.

Thing is, who protects us from getting bad info from the journalism 'fraternity'?

It's not like we can follow a New York Times reporter around and verify the story that they feed us. Heck , a judge can't make them give up their sources.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Synchrocity

Well....I think you oughta compare more....

Your bashing Fox for disinformation when MSNBC is guilty of the same? Thats' a nice double standard.

I daresay there are FAR, FAR more examples coming form Roger Ailes' crap machine than from any other source of "Mainstream Media" in the United States.

AND, I haven't even begun to total up the vile hate-filled rant-spewing right-wing AM radio lovefests.....but, they aren't the topic, are they? They still exist, and ALSO should be ridiculed as often and as savagely as they deserve.....

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Welcome to Fox news, praying on the socialy challanged who will believe any crap shown.

Only time ever the baptists will get anything right

more

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   

I really wonder how much we read in a newspaper is true today, which paper, I don't think matters.

A lot of towns are 'one paper' towns today. I read stories that I know are dead wrong, either because I was on-site when the 'story' happened or I had previous knowledge of circumstances that were covered incorrectly in the story.

Sometimes news doesn't make the paper because the person involved is part of a clique with the news editor, and they wouldn't want the person to look bad.

With that in mind, I don't trust much that the media comes out with, whoever they are.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Obviously, it was a jest...tongue-in-cheek (or should be thought of in that way).

Censorship is not the answer in a free society.

It was seriously postulated by a (misinformed) "progressive" law professor.

And, after Obama's attempts at cutting Fox and Limbaugh off of the air was shot down, it was re-postulated by some law professor out West who belonged to JournoList.

deny ignorance

jw

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Dr. Peter Venkman: [slaps Ray] "I love this plan! I'm excited to be a part of it! LET'S DO IT!"

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

...after Obama's attempts at cutting Fox and Limbaugh off of the air was shot down...

I certainly expect you didn't mean to imply that Obama personally mounted this sort of effort??

Of course not...it was his minions?

Source for proof of said allegations, please.

Any case, Ole' cigar-mouth hypocritical pill-popping ditto-head master himself is such an endless source of amusement, no one in their right mind (or left mind) would wish him "off the air".

He serves his masters well (profits, through advertising) and the late-night talk show jokes, and others who are able to get mileage out of every time he shoots off his mouth...and keeps hitting his feet in the process.

First item found after a very brief search...

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

Nice deflection tactic but faulty logic there. The fact that the subject of the OP is FoxNews in no way implies that the others are any better or worse. It just happens to be the subject here. If you would like to discuss any of the others, feel free to start your own threads about them.

Your deflection won't work, either. The thread is about the JournoList members exposed in the Daily Caller who've slanted news further to the left, covered for BHO, killed stories to assist BHO, and attacked their own when they deviated from the "party line."

This expose' has been going on for some time now:
dailycaller.com...
Mainstream Media Liberal Bias Admitted by ..... Mainstream Media!

Since it is clear now that DailyCaller.com has access to the JournoList archives, more revelations, retractions, and "qualifications" will be coming.

Thus far, we have WaPo covering their tracks, a fired WaPo "reporter," a fired NPR producer, and Time and HuffPo exclaiming 'pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.'

More to come, we can be certain.

jw

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77
Freedom of speech is all about protecting the rights of people to speak about things that you disagree with.

It doesn't mean much to say that you are all for freedom of speech as long as that speech is something that you agree with.

All too often, liberal view their opinion as the only correct opinion. They view conservative thought as though it is stupid and worse, that it shouldn't be allowed.

Wake up liberals. You should be comfortable with your ideas and argue against things that you don't agree with by using your freedom of speech, not by calling for the dissenting opinion to be silenced.

You hit the nail on the head. Thanks for your input. I was beginning to see this thread fall down the typical "faux news" rabbit hole.

This isn't about Fox News it is about what this group of journalists sought to accomplish. First with the unsubstantiated racist labeling of any and all conservative broadcasters and writers with regards to the Wright fiasco and now with the call to arms/silencing of Fox.

Journalism and politics used to be a classic point/counterpoint affair. You had your heated political debates with the opposition and then you had a beer together and talked and laughed about the remaining events of the day.

This latest my way or the highway movement coming from a distinct segment of the left is troubling. They never discuss facts they just attempt to incite anger by attacking sources and people. Screw the facts and countless sources. Its like talking to a brick wall.

I am growing weary of the constant call to Alinsky tactics by the same goons day in and day out.

Like Fox or not, we need a different and lonely voice in the main stream media because most people still get their news this way. Personally, I comb through a wide array of sources to get my news fix for the day. I often see a story on Fox and hit the web to delve into it further. Fox is doing something right regardless of their ownership. If they were constantly spreading lies as we are lead to believe they would be sued silly.

The mere fact that Fox is successful in spreading information is the reason why the far left feels so threatened by them day in an day out. Just drop Fox News into a thread title on ATS and wait for the hyenas to come for their meals.

This same looming threat that is felt by the anti Fox clan is also felt by Michelle Obama and hubby as she deliberately poured gas on racial tensions directly in front of the NAACP regarding the Tea Party. All on display for the whole world to see.

We are a nation divided politically, racially and soon to be economically. Is the "change" that was promised to the nation???

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by jdub297

...after Obama's attempts at cutting Fox and Limbaugh off of the air was shot down...

I certainly expect you didn't mean to imply that Obama personally mounted this sort of effort??
Of course not...it was his minions?

Source for proof of said allegations, please.

I don't have time to respond in full, but here's the 1st hit on a quick search:

Barack Obama picks a fight with Rush Limbaugh as bipartisan spirit crumbles

I can flesh this out for you later, but surely you remember that Obama determined that Fox should be cut off from White House briefings and the pool.

And, of course, ALL "minions" serve their Master!

The end may be closer than you think.

jw

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join