It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Uruguayan Air Force is investigating a photo of an UFO 13th July 2010

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Uruguayan Air Force investigating a photo of an UFO - taken 13th July 2010

Ohhh I just heard this on the radio...- so passing it on now to ATS

The picture was taken during the massive celebration of the people with the Uruguayan football team – congratulating their performance during the World Cup in South Africa.

The author of this picture (who preferred not to reveal his/her name)- said that the bus which carried the players during the celebration, was going to pass near their work place- so they went out to salute the team and take some photos.
They were impressed to see the amount of people in the streets celebrating-, so decided to take some panoramic photos.
In the same night, when they were downloading the data to the computer- they discovered “a strange black dot” in one of the photos.

The Air Force through the C.R.I.D.O.V.N.I (Receptive and Investigative Commission of UFOs Report) received the image to analyze whether that strange dot can be considered an UFO or not.

Coronel Ariel Sánchez said there weren’t any anomalies registered in the sky that day (Tuesday 13- 2010) and that planes from the Air force participated in the celebration. However- he said that” there will be a scientific investigation with the professionals in the air force and that the inquiry will give assertive results regarding the origin of the object in question”.

He added: “We never rule out the possibility of an UFO, but we also know it could be physic particles or light manifestations”.

There are some images which are not worthy to analyze either due to the lack of information or because it’s visible it’s only a bird or some insect. The picture or film is not a determinant in any case, but merely a contribution, as we know that nowadays it’s easy to do some editing”.

C.R.I.D.O.V.N.I has analyzed 2.100 cases in the last 30 years- from which 40 have no explanation.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/07a61591c2f5.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9a56a833404b.jpg[/atsimg]

Will keep updated- when the air forces decides what it is...

What do you think?

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   
It looks like the drone used in the Laser beam shootdown video that has been release in the past few days.

I say it's just a drone.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   
interesting story. It could be a hat that had been thrown up? Looks a bit high for that but maybe...

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by plutoxgirl

I don't know about this one but it sort of looks like a hat/sombrero flung from a balcony of the building on the left; I think it also caught the perp's throwing arm still extended; he's wearing blue. It looks like they were having a "fiesta"/celebration or something, They do that kind of thing in euphoria

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
The best part for me is how frank the Coronel is - you'd never get that from a UK or US military official until they've expired. I'd go with hat being thrown though. The detail in the blown up images doesn't match the quality of the original.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I will say no to the drone theory.

Either swamp gas or Venus.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Doesn't everyone know this by now? The newest explanation for this type of stuff is 'missles'. That is a Chinese missle isn't it obvious?
Or it could be someones hat, made in China of course.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by kenton1234
Doesn't everyone know this by now? The newest explanation for this type of stuff is 'missles'. That is a Chinese missle isn't it obvious?
Or it could be someones hat, made in China of course.
The missile version of this UFO was most likely photographed 10 days before this one, and will be released soon.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Hi guys,- first off- I live here- in Uruguay. And no, we don't throw hats up in the air to celebrate.

So, NO to the super flying hat theroy. =P

The coronoel is very open about it, because first off he's open mided...had studied several cases and gave interviews about this subject.
The UFOs archives here had been realeased last year- I think. Not sure- But our government since 2004 has been transparent with all these stuff, and more.

I think that it must be something not common- since the air force is STILL studying it-
And it's a good clue that the person who took it doesnt want fame either- because it doesnt want its name to be revealed- and such.

I don't know, I'm just keeping an open mind. But of course, I don't buy into any picture just because...; I think this story has some truth to it. But I'll wait for what the air force has to say, and then make my own conclusions.

And to one of he posters saying- its' Venus- !-
First off- the planet venus doesn't look like that- and it rises at 7pm or around that time- and the celebration was much before that- probably 3-4pm.

I have not seen that drone plane- if anyone cares to share a link- would appreciate it!.

[edit on 21/7/10 by plutoxgirl]

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by plutoxgirl
Hi guys,- first off- I live here- in Uruguay. And no, we don't throw hats up in the air to celebrate.

So, NO to the super flying hat theroy. =P

So no one has ever thrown a hat in the history of Uruguay? I don't think you can make that assumption, resident or not, it only takes one person out of a few thousand to break your assurance.

The size and height don't look right for a hat, unless it was being thrown in the direction of the photographer but it does seem to be the most likely explanation.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frakkerface
So no one has ever thrown a hat in the history of Uruguay? I don't think you can make that assumption, resident or not, it only takes one person out of a few thousand to break your assurance.

I can totally tell with assurance about the celebration custom- because besides from being a resident , I've studied our culture (and history) very well.

I can throw a bottle in the air to celebrate my birthday- yet no one can claim- that IS an established custom- an habbit- here when celebrating birthdays.

*edited to add*- Besides my first statment (reply on this thread) was not directed at you. I was replying to the poster that said: "they do that kind of thing in euphoria". Like he knew it was an habbit.
Plus we rarely wear hats- maybe a few bald people might on winter.

[edit on 22/7/10 by plutoxgirl]

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
News is,

The air force professionals decided the unidentified object it's a trash bag that might have flied out the building.

And also was revealed that the person who took the pic was a middle age man-. Who also sent the photo to a photographer- that analyzes in "UFOs photos" and published an article on his blog where, he insist it's an UFO- not a bag.

signosenelcielo.blogspot.com...
There you can see the pictures with original size.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I don't know what the big deal here is. There is nothing to even bother with concerning this photo.....

The simple fact that it could easily be a floating bad, trash, etc so easily, and the fact that it happened over a highly populated area and there is little to no corresponding reports (that will change now, since every time a picture comes out you will find a bunch of people that come on the internet to run to the nearest place they can get attention in order to say they saw it too).

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
The section of the uruguayan air forces that deals with ufo cases (CRIDOVNI) finally came to the conclusion that it was nothing but a huge thrashbag carried upward by the wind.
They say theres only a 3% probability of it being an anomalous phenomenon (how they arrived to that figure is beyond me).
What else are they going to say? They are proven sceptics, and they are paid to just brush off anything out of the oridinary.

Heres a different pic of the ufo:

Also, no one wears hats in Uruguay. The odds of it being a hat thrown in the air the precise moment the picture was taken are lower than the odds of it being a flying saucer with space mutants inside. Seriously.

Who knows, maybe they are soccer fans.
Saludos desde Uruguay.

[edit on 15-8-2010 by Uluru]

[edit on 16-8-2010 by Uluru]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
It's a shape shifting UFO that changed into a hat then realized no one throws their hat in Uruguay quickly morphed into a trash bag.
That was a close call!
UFO disclosure is still safe but for the alien in command he may lose his captain rank.

top topics

join