It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Racist' official not sure she'd return to USDA

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
How many other people have been the victims of a witch hunt, forced out and canned for also being "taken out of context"?

Full video or not, she is a racist because she made her decision based on race!
Case closed!

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
How many other people have been the victims of a witch hunt, forced out and canned for also being "taken out of context"?

Full Video t, she is a racist because she made her decision based on race!
Case closed!

Clearly you didn't watch it and hear what she was trying to say...

Come on, deny ignorance!

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Alum9

She initially based her decision 24 years agao on race.

That in itself is racisim.

Now yes she did say she had a change of heart and helped these people out. But how many did she short change before her heart grew three sizes?

What she did was racist, even though she changed her mind and in her job even entertaining the idea of not helping them based on their skin color should be enough to get her fired.

A man can shoot another man because of his skin color, but if after shooting him he calls the ambulance because he saw the error of his ways doesn't make it any less of a hate crime.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Alum9

Then perhaps you can help me understand what the hell she meant when she said "his own kind".

This is the equivalent to saying something stupid like "them people".

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
We all have these moments! By telling the story I feel she was trying to communicate the error in her ways to help others realize that even African Americans have racist moments, or racism is a two way street and generally wrong for everyone black or white, and she learned this through the experience she had with the farmers.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Alum9

I can honestly say that I have never considered not helping someone just because of the color of their skin.

Sorry, we all don't have a racist moment. Those who do have one don't get an oops I'm sorry pass. They must own up to it and accept the consequences.

She now must accept the consequence of her moment.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Maybe not a racist moment, but I was thinking more along the lines of "should I give that homeless guy some money, will he just spend it on beer" or "should I a young lady pull over and help that large man." It may not be race, but I venture to say many have had thoughts like these at one time in our life.

I did not mean any offense. Sorry.

[edit on 21-7-2010 by Alum9]

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Alum9

Those are not racist moments.

Not wanting to help a person based on their color, like this woman did is a racist moment.

Can you really not tell the differance?

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I am not at all denying the fact that it wasn't a racist moment, but the fact of the matter is she was recounting it to teach the people she was addressing that what she did was wrong and racism is not okay. We make mistakes and we learn from them. That is all I am saying.

It happens on both sides of the isle more frequently than it should so I guess I am saying pot, meet kettle!

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Alum9

Save your energy. Many people don't want to know the facts, they just want to believe something. I say let them believe it. They are wrong as sin but they don't care.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I guess so, perhaps I am just a little too young to understand all of this!

Second line.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Alum9

Yep she sure as hell was wrong.

Now looks like she will pay for it.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia
reply to post by Alum9

Save your energy. Many people don't want to know the facts, they just want to believe something. I say let them believe it. They are wrong as sin but they don't care.

Yea you are right.

I mean how dare I think that a person should get keep such an important job when she has admitted to not wanting to help white people in the past.

Sure she says she was wrong and I believe her, but should she get to keep her job?

If she is able to then why not Michael Richards?

He repeatedly apologized.

Why was Don Imus fired?

He repeatedly apologized also.

But I'm just living in fairyland and don't know what I heard and cannot possibly make an informed opinion. After all this lady is black and we all know only white people are capable of being racist and not really being sorry for it.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr. Tinkertrain

I mean how dare I think that a person should get keep such an important job when she has admitted to not wanting to help white people in the past.

How dare you not look at the facts and base your opinion off a 2 minute clip from a 43 minute speech? How dare you not read the many reports published today?

Ignorance indeed, wallow in it. You just want to hate her. By all means, do so.

[edit on 21-7-2010 by antonia]

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr. Tinkertrain

So is this like a revenge thing? White people who have spoken critically of blacks have gotten into trouble so you see it fit that a black person do the same t o level the playing field?

I guess I really don't understand.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ThaLoccster

She made those statements 24 years ago??

I had no idea the video was that old. I still don't get the Obama administrations' connection to this, but it keeps coming up in articles anyway. Is this really legit or a means to smear Obama in the process of taking on the NAACP?

At first I was pretty upset over the racial tone of her statements and disregarded her as simply a bigot, but after watching the video a few more times I realized a lot of the context was missing.

For example, it seemed she WAS admitting to racial bias in the case with the White farmer and that she turned him over to a White lawyer to help him rather than adequately do so herself. Upset over the myriad problems Black farmers have always faced in America. However, later she seems to imply that the farmer was still NOT helped by the White lawyer.

She then claims she learned that it isn't about "Black and White", but about "rich and poor".

Seems she was recounting a story where her own racial prejudices were shook to the foundation and came to the ultimate conclusion that there is Black, there's White, and then there is "Them".

It looked to me that this was a cautionary tale regarding being blinded by bigotry when we are all on the same level in the eyes of the truly elite. Her story of having been blinded by prejudice before seeing the reality of the situation is no different than those told by deceased Senator and former KKK affiliated Robert Byrd. A man who also changed his approach to race dramatically.

I guess without the full recording we won't get the whole story.

I personally don't trust Brietbart. Especially after that stunt he pulled with Giles and O'Keefe via Hannity regarding ACORN. After watching the full videos (they should still be up on the California Attorney Generals' website but be advised they are long), it was clear to many that this was a severely edited hatchet job that was so misleading as to be almost entirely irrelevant. FOX ran a heavily edited sting without even checking the sources.

People lost their jobs because of that phony-journalist stunt.

Like the woman who on FOX seemed to be trying to secure housing for underage prostitutes but in the full video was told that she was actually helping Giles (claiming to be an abused prostitute escaping her pimp) find housing so she could escape from the life. Brietbarts back-step on the issue was pretty weak too but at this point he can't claim to be unbiased when it comes to investigative journalism and leaked videos.

I think I need to see the full video before I go along with the Breitbart video.

Any Brietbart video, actually.

- Lee

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
Full video or not, she is a racist because she made her decision based on race!
Case closed!

Apparently you don't understand the "clipped" video let alone the full video if you think she's racist. It was a testimonial about her overcoming her socially instilled racial prejudice (which most of us have and are unaware of).

She states that the situation presented her with a target to be angry at, white people. Because the system was designed as an "us" vs "them". And due to that recognition and being able to openly discuss racial issues. She was able to confront it and find the real issue, economics.

If you bother to take into account peoples past, social conditioning, and current self then you can clearly see she was relating how race divides us. Rather than encouraging racial discrimination.

And the whole "he was white so I didn't give him my all" is just ridiculous. I'm sure most everyone has worked at a job, and hasn't given it "their all" period, except in certain circumstances. To her the circumstance was that black farmers were recently disparaged and she felt a connection to them that did in fact cause her to give it her all.

She wasn't giving "low-effort", that's racial discrimination.
She simply wasn't giving it her best.

I feel sorry for people that are unable to differentiate between such a distinction.

I think anyone who called her a racist, even before the full information came out are racists themselves. Looking for any excuse to further continue our social divide just so they can blame someone, or be mad at someone.

She's an amazing lady that had the "balls" to speak out on a sensitive issue. And she's right, until we can confront it openly and talk about it. We can't ever move past it.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr. Tinkertrain

To be honest Tinkertrain, there are plenty of politicians and people in government who were openly racist in the past.

That is on BOTH sides of the partisan fence and yes they still have their jobs.

I don't even believe they should be fired because they have admittedly changed.

I think I can accept the potential for people to radically change with time and not hold them fully accountable for foolish thinking for an eternity. I don't want to deal in such absolutes.

I know people in my own life and family that were fiercely bigoted but has changed their own views on the world with age and time. Especially when the family gets to be extended beyond the boundaries of race. My family gradually has, and I can say It has made us all a bit richer. I've got people all over the world, now.

Heck I just physically met my 6ft tall 14 year old biracial nephew for the first time at a reunion having only spoken over the phone, and I have to say he is one of the coolest people to ever meet. He's got me playing Call of Duty with him online now...not really my thing, but hey we are talking through the headset so I'll give it a try for that fact alone.

The point is, there was a time when most of my West Virginian family wouldn't have accepted him or any of the other family I have from Belgium to Serbia and even over in Australia.

My folks have changed and I can't condemn them for ever being the way they were in this Earth-school.

Are you telling me none of you out there are familiar with this human quality?
Haven't changed your own racial perspectives with time?

- Lee

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by mryanbrown

Those testimonials should be reserved for the dinner table to be discussed amongst friends and family members, not while she's giving a speech in front of members at an NAACP banquet.

All the people in attendance just simply nodded in agreement to everything she said.

Welcome to the internet world, people should be smart enough to know anything you say will linger forever.
If at least one person stood up and warned her that her statements might be taken out of context I would buy your version of the story, but no one stood up, instead they all just kept on nodding.

BTW, regarding the person that filmed this video clipped, would you consider him/her a traitor?

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by lee anoma
She made those statements 24 years ago??

I had no idea the video was that old.

No, the video in question with her racist statements is from 2010.

Her racist actions were from the story she was relating from 24 years ago.

Sadly, all the apologists are out on these threads now trying to use the context as an excuse, while conveniently glossing over the ACTUAL statements she made in 2010. Specifically saying "his own kind", which proves beyond a doubt she still harbors these racist thoughts.

Imagine if a white man were to tell that same story in 2010, saying those exact same words today..... do you think these people would be feeling bad for him? No way.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join