It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chernobyl 20+ years on in pictures

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Chernobyl had some how got into my daily thoughts and wondered what life is like there now. Remembering someone once talking about how animals have truly taken over and now thrive, not to mention the fauna as well, I thought to Google the infamous nuclear power plant and came across this site that tells the story in creepy pictures.

If you haven't seen these pictures before, then I implore you to take five minutes out and scan the blog. Creepy, but absorbing photos.

Chernobyl, 20+ years on in pictures

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I've said it before and I shall say it again....the Guy's and Girls who made the S.T.A.L.K.E.R video game got it spot on

[edit on 21-7-2010 by Pockets]

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Pockets

And i will agree with you again!
Their intention was to capture the barren essence of Chernobyl mind you, what makes the atmosphere in stalker so great.. the Ferris wheel always gets me. Anyway, supposedly scientists are surprised at how quickly much of Chernobyl is starting to flourish again...plants and wildlife. Nature always endures.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

So I see...Nice one

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
What amazes me is the way life quickly gets back to normal, do yea think the white coated boffins are a bit to paranoid about the aftereffects of the fall out? look at these vids there beautifuly made..

and a different view,

[edit on 21-7-2010 by DCDAVECLARKE]

new topics

top topics

join