It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ticket to Heaven?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by No King but Jesus
reply to post by IamBoon

well if you look at above post with my testimony you'll see nothing "bassackwords" about it The Word is very clear and seems to be writing's of men translated in plain understandable english now which is even better but can agree to some things are difficult to understand is there a particular something you have a question about? imigine if still in orignal hebrew or greek-

πασα γραφη θεοπνευστος και ωφελιμος προς διδασκαλιαν προς ελεγχον προς επανορθωσιν προς παιδειαν την εν δικαιοσυνη-ΠΡΟΣ ΤΙΜΟΘΕΟΝ Β΄ 3:16

see

All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness-2Cor3.16

whoever fails to find me harms himself; all who hate me love death-Prov8.36

I can do taht too and debunk your whole Book of the Word with your own argument! Check this out! I just wrote a book that says the Jews were deluded and Jesus suffered from delusions of grandeur and premature dementia . The book is its own proof! Boon wote it over the years in good nature.

All Scripture is bad-breathed and is unuseful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness-Godsucks 666

whoever fails to find me harms himself and loves these incense worshiping genital mutilators; all who hate me love death and the previously mentioned group-Beav 66 (6)

Neat I can prove anything at anytime just by using its own claims to make it fact! AWESOME!

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I used to just follow truth, and that'll get you to where you need to be. At that point it doesn't matter what religion you call it.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Village Idiot

Hey Village Idiot,
I wanted to quickly chime in on this one being a CHristian Mystic.

For me .......I studied the Bible for 14 months, hard core study ....and in these 14 months of wrestling with it all, I noticed that in a very good way, actually awesome way, by wrestling with logic, reason, faith, questions, theology, meditation .....that it was like everything about my intellectual tools were starting to expand and go into a transcendent level and start having experiences beyond thought.

Then after getting baptized (5 weeks after that) I got this direct experience that was very intense for 8 months and is still with me, though subdued, almost a decade later. Christians call it the baptism of the Holy Spirit.

Anyway....what I got out of the experience was always being in the now, no more fear of physical death, no worries, seeing auras, seeing that time is an illusion, and many other spiritual abilities ...... Honestly it feels like I am no free compared to when I was an atheist.

Now all my senses are enhanced, and when I go for a walk, each step is like ecstasy...... so it all feels worth it to me. I really feel free now and get direct experiences all the time, of higher levels, greater spiritual realities.

The Bible was just a bunch of sign posts that showed me how to get to this freedom of direct experience of the Divine. It honestly felt like taking the red pill and becoming free from the matrix.

There is also this holy discernment ability which basically knowing the most minute details of the functions of the human ego/I psychological complex. WHat sux about this is you end up knowing people better than they know themselves and see how 99.9% create their own hells through their own un-inspected selves.

But hey, you think the bible is crap and slavery ....be my guest, free will. I on the other hand still invite you to take the red pill while sit here in the midst of a direct divine experience where I don't fear or care anything that happens to me. This is real Peace!!!!!

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by IamBoon

oooh scary guy with slander 666 numbers and god hating stuff everywhere and blood dripping vampire teeth red eyed avatar oooh....mommy....mommy

lol get back to me when you see a cherub glowing like lightning wings eyes and all or hear an audible voice that says "I am Jesus" and then attempt to show me something you think is scary

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

That's good to hear, about your experiences and all, but I disagree as to your interpretation of the Bible as just a bunch of sign posts, that is not how the many interpret it, baptized or not.
If the Bible was intended as for this purpose only, what a terrible loss of lifes lie waste to this Directory.

There are many People who have an awakening through many different means, including turning Atheist (they most certainly have nothing to fear about death).
And yes, People do make their own Hells, but also their own Heavens, that's the beauty of Life's journey.

As for taking the red pill, first I like to know what's in it, useful substance or water for a Placebo effect.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by harryhaller

I know this is off topic, and ignore me if you want, but your picture is adorable. I love huskies, and I plan to own one someday.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by No King but Jesus
reply to post by evil incarnate

Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.-1Cor13.6

Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life.-John14.6

For we will all stand before God's judgment seat.-Rom14.10

He has given proof of this to all men by raising him from the dead.-Acts17.31

Alright now lets see here. When it comes to something that everybody knows is 'impossible', if you were not there to see it, it didn't happen. If there is scientific PROOF to back it up, well then thats one thing. Obviously if it was scientific proof then it would be possible. His resurrection is not proof of anything, because you don't know if it happened! Quoting from a bible that has no proof to back up the words is not a smart thing to do. I would say that if god wanted to prove people something, he should not do it do the gullible people in the past who did not know as much as us. He should just have rose from the dead in our life time. However, if you think about that... how would the world react? Everybody would think twice about everything and yet I believe it would cause shock and chaos. Not to mention, you dont know the guy is jesus, and you certainly wouldn't know if it was a prank. My point is that its impossible as we know it. And if he were to do it in anybodys life time, it would be now, because people today only want proof and scientific fact. Back then people didn't know what we know now and they certainly were more gullible than us. If god is going to prove his existence, he needs to do it pretty darn soon... and there better be scientific proof.

[edit on 23-7-2010 by LuckyMe777]

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by No King but Jesus

TYpical character attack ... you screw up or have someone show how ignorant they are and all the sudden.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   
You know you've done something right when you get religious lunatics upset. The harder they attack you the harder they try to deny the reason behind your logic.

The point is if you make a valid argument that goes against their beliefs -> attack and discredit the person who made the argument so that inheretly the argument becomes void as well.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by LuckyMe777

And to add to your point, how will we know that it is a Sign from God, whatever it may be, and not the Devil himself...... wolf in sheep's clothing?
But then you can continue on that and ask, why has God not appeared to the masses for so long as he did to some in the past?

Simply put, are we not worthy.... or is he content with us now?

There are many ways God could make himself know without causing hysteria, to some, they believe he already has. They'll tell you that you need to open your heart, well, there are plenty of People with open Hearts and clear consciences who still only get the line engaged tone.

Maybe we are not tuning into the right station?
666 Mhz seems to work well for TPTB, if you're into Looney Tunes.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Village Idiot

I agree with you.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by evil incarnate

But love is not "truth."

That does not make it "truth" though.

I get it. You want to play silly word games for whatever reason. I guess I should know better than to expect logic or a real discussion in a thread like this.

Au contraire.

I can think of no greater truth than love.

I can debate the existance of matter or anything else with you for eternity, but none can never deny my children's love for me, or mine for them.

It IS the only absolute thing in the universe.

It may not be "logic" but it's as real a discussion as you'll ever get.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by harryhaller
Au contraire.

I can think of no greater truth than love.

I can debate the existance of matter or anything else with you for eternity, but none can never deny my children's love for me, or mine for them.

That is still just love. Perhaps you are confusing it with the fact that you believe your children's love if true. I understand the correlation but love is still love and truth is still truth. Why is ATS so full of people looking to redefine words? They mean what they mean, no matter how poeticly you apply them.

It IS the only absolute thing in the universe.

You are going to die someday. Add that to your list.

It may not be "logic" but it's as real a discussion as you'll ever get.

Maybe after I meet some gents in the city and take short break.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Faiol
reply to post by harryhaller

talked a lot, said nothing ...

the reality is that Christians or any other religion is just the easy way out

instead of you using your brain trying to figure it out, they settle for something thought by other people

but they dont even realize that they are hurting society by supporting these kind of activities

no, I am not the devil, no, I am not a demon, no, I am not an atheist, no I am not a terrorist

Curious response .... your perspective is familiar though. Was mine for a long while.

The only thing that hurts other people is people. In every society, ours is no different. People have hurt religions, look at the roman catholic church and what a bunch of insane freaks they have been throughout history. Using it as an imperial weapon of mass destruction and pain.

They claimed to own the bible. Did they? Look at the US govt "in God we trust" ... oh really?

Do me one small favour. Get out the "world view" that you have. I'm going to talk to you, and only you. The you inside all the defenses and constructs. Do you believe that you are a valuable human soul? Do you believe that you are NOT just, a consumer, worker, user, ant?

You're a man, the highest form of creation (really) and there is stuff you don't believe right now, don't make it not true. Now between all the "church" crap and every other religion/theory/dogma/belief that is out there, there's a truth about a "Father" ... and His kids.

You and me, we're just kids in this world, and either one of us who claims to know all the answers is both wrong and lying. We don't. But to what extent are we willing to accept we cannot know? And have to eventually trust what is inside us. And honestly, Christ is inside me. Even when i didn't think it, or want it even. Because, it's truth. And whether you accept or deny truth is up to you, but i do sincerely believe you know it when you see it.

Gosh i'm wordy today, i hope that something i've said has resonated with you.

peace and love

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by IamBoon

Thankfully nobody but us are exposed to your lunatic ravings. And frankly, humanity (generally) wants more than what you have placed on offer.

Gotta be a dark n lonely place in your little mind.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 02:13 AM
link   
UUh i'm so enlightened. God is love, everything is just energy and vibrations, this 3d existance is just an illusion, we're here just to learn our lessons and evolve. Oooo--oOOo

If you cryptically try to just promote your "enlightened" ideology while being condescending to others just stop it mmkay? You haven't acctually learned anything mystical about the universe even though you might think you have.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by evil incarnate

Ashes to ashes, ain't it great? Add taxes and people like you

Your world is falling apart. Your time draws near.

What i don't get, really, is how you know the truth, and yet deny it still?

JESUS CHRIST IS LORD.

Far nicer to talk about than taxes, don't you agree?

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by IamBoon

that is precisly what I thought when you went out of your way to attack me like what three posts before I took notice and still kept it clean, can you show me where I "attacked" you or "first"? just stating the facts of what I've seen and know even about what you said in your post, do you think a response is an attack? do you think you are achieving something constructive-what is it? the rulers then thought murdering Jesus was-do you agree? who we gonna meet after we shed this skin? I heard and everyone the world over will too now or then, your boldness to mock/ridicule changes nothing in the least-you probably think is an attack too huh?

"If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first.-John15.18

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Harryhollar, or however you spell it, your dog is cute. If that even is your dog.

This thread is a great example of the war on religion. Nobody will accept anything, so they seem to fight to the death for it, and that is your right, but is it really worth it? I guess if you believe with all your heart that god is true, then fine, spread the word all you want, but in the end, its the person who makes the choice and you shouldn't dare try to push it on them or shove it down their throat. That goes for you atheists too.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by LuckyMe777

you may want to consider the fact that Jesus foresaw the destruction of His Nation if their was'nt an about face as in like infants living at that time did'nt live to see 40, or even the fact that I heard an audible voice as did Paul that said " I am Jesus" put's a whole different perspective on exactly what one thinks may happen or who one will answer to when one leaves this body and no man knows the day of his death right? this kinda put's a fire under ones fatter parts, even TBR's have a way of predicting outcomes, a little burdensome to me also but what is life without some friction or challenge anyway eh?

But I will show you whom you should fear: Fear him who, after the killing of the body, has power to throw you into hell. Yes, I tell you, fear him.-Luke12.5

But if the watchman sees the sword coming and does not blow the trumpet to warn the people and the sword comes and takes the life of one of them, that man will be taken away because of his sin, but I will hold the watchman accountable for his blood.'-Eze33.6

It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery.-Gal5.1

[edit on by No King but Jesus]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join