It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ticket to Heaven?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by evil incarnate

Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.-1Cor13.6

Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life.-John14.6

For we will all stand before God's judgment seat.-Rom14.10

He has given proof of this to all men by raising him from the dead.-Acts17.31

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

I know a few ways some good ol God believers can beat up some atheist meat! Jesus Saves!

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by No King but Jesus

Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.-IamBoon13.6

IamBoon answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life.-Boon14.6

For we will all stand before God's judgment seat.-Boony14.10

He has given proof of this to all men by raising him from the dead.-Iamnotboon17.31

Quoting scripture to prove scripture is really sad though. I would think you all would be waiting your whole Jesus-loving lives to prove God's everlasting grace!!!! Praise the Lord!

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   

If you are a Christian, come post here so I can beat you up".

It does say that, in a way, to me also.
So I'm here. And to quote my friend Conclusion, " I'll give you a five minute head start".

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

If you are a Christian, come post here so I can beat you up".

It does say that, in a way, to me also.
So I'm here. And to quote my friend Conclusion, " I'll give you a five minute head start".

Maybe it feels safer in the "I hate stupid atheist" threads you author, Randy?

Evolution says

Against God

The Atheists Nightmare

You have a soul...

Your hypocrisy is showing, again.

It is getting a little tough watching all these Christian posts whining about how beat up they are on ATS when the religion forum is basically an atheist stomping ground and Randy is in the front of the pack.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Why do you still bother? How many times must I tell you that I do not even look at your quotes anymore? I have made it clear that I find your posts useless. When you actually write your own words, you seem to have something to say. Try it more.

Not one of those quotes has anything to do with the fact that when you close your mind and open your heart - nice as it may sound- you are doing the opposite of thinking. Please do not make me hit the ignore button as I know you have real words you can use to say interesting things at times, rare times.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   

I would just be rewriting the same conclusion, and would you not still ridicule as you did my testimony in my own words? do you hate the Word?

He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and his name is the Word of God.
-Rev19.13

firstborn among many brothers.-Rom8.29

Do you see a man wise in his own eyes?-Prov26.12

He who speaks on his own does so to gain honor for himself-John7.18

we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.-2Cor10.5

For the nation or kingdom that will not serve you will perish; it will be utterly ruined.-Is60.12

These things happened to them as examples and were written down as warnings for us, on whom the fulfillment of the ages has come.-1Cor10.11

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by No King but Jesus

I don't think anyone hates any words.... beside "non-believer" here. Just randomly popping in and quoting your holy book is kinda... ass backwards. Try and substantiate your claims with logic and reason , if you cannot do so it probably means your belief has no logic nor reason . Or you just have the wrong argument!

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by IamBoon

well if you look at above post with my testimony you'll see nothing "bassackwords" about it The Word is very clear and seems to be writing's of men translated in plain understandable english now which is even better but can agree to some things are difficult to understand is there a particular something you have a question about? imigine if still in orignal hebrew or greek-

πασα γραφη θεοπνευστος και ωφελιμος προς διδασκαλιαν προς ελεγχον προς επανορθωσιν προς παιδειαν την εν δικαιοσυνη-ΠΡΟΣ ΤΙΜΟΘΕΟΝ Β΄ 3:16

see

All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness-2Cor3.16

whoever fails to find me harms himself; all who hate me love death-Prov8.36

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by harryhaller

talked a lot, said nothing ...

the reality is that Christians or any other religion is just the easy way out

instead of you using your brain trying to figure it out, they settle for something thought by other people

but they dont even realize that they are hurting society by supporting these kind of activities

no, I am not the devil, no, I am not a demon, no, I am not an atheist, no I am not a terrorist

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
This is part of a quote from Truth Bearer. org. I think it applies.

Thus, beyond dispute, we see that Jesus required and defined a TRUE Christian disciple as one who is willing to forsake all treasure, family, and even one's very life in this world! As well, He declared that the TRUE Christian disciple is to do so with no expectation of gratitude for such obedience but, rather, to see it as simply obeying that which was commanded. All this is to be done with unyielding LOVE ---for God, self, and others. The world would call this "madness". The children of the world and all its darkness would, beyond measure, declare that, indeed, our Lord and Saviour set up a so-called "cult". ...And such would, therefore, say that any of His TRUE followers are merely "members" of the so-called "cult" of CHRIST.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Faiol
reply to post by harryhaller

instead of you using your brain trying to figure it out, they settle for something thought by other people

And the Buddha said once to his followers

Do not accept this because I say so, or anyone else, have no blind faith, Test it like you would a peice a gold before you buy it, test the truth of it through your own experience

Jesus apparently met with Moses Elijah etc and conversed with them, on an mountain top once,

They being jewish to nth degree had apparently acording to him and who witnessed it had reached "heaven" not through him but hundreds/thousands of years before before he was even born!

The core messages of all the paths is the important thing, the "way to heaven" and it is reached through, morals, behaviour, love forgiveness and total compassion.

People are hurt by listening with blind faith to those who use the core teachings of the teachers and misinterpret or use them to control others, there is no hurting of others at all in following the core teachings of all the faiths.

Love Unconditional.

Compassion.

Humility, control of the ego/selfishness/greed/anger/hatred

Faith

Service, to other beings.

Truth honesty and morals.

But do not accept that because I say so, test those simple ways of being for some years fully then maybe make such a statement.

Kind Regards,

Elf

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I think the biggest secret kept from the average person today is that the metaphysical/spiritual world is real.

I am not convinced that any one religion on Earth is "right," but I am pretty convinced now that other dimensions exist that we cannot see.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   

If you ever made a post that was worth a response. Maybe you should try making a positive thread some time. Instead of one filled with your negative attitude towards your very existence. That seems to be what you're so upset about. Being without talent can be stressful I would imagine.

I mean if you're going to live your life out, here on these boards. You should at least try, to make it a positive experience. All you seem to do is sharpen your hate pal.
It really is evident of a sick mind.
You need to quit blamming others for the fact that you wouldn't make a pimple on a nats azz.
You are the only person on this site I want to ignore.

[edit on 22-7-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   

If you ever made a post that was worth a response. Maybe you should try making a positive thread some time. Instead of one filled with your negative attitude towards your very existence. That seems to be what you're so upset about. Being without talent can be stressful I would imagine.

I am not sure what you are going on about. I have one thread on religion and if you even read it, there is nothing but polite posts by me in that thread. You are the one that starts attack threads about other people so how about you shhhhhh. Lying is bad. Lying on ATS about things people can check with a click is worse.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Jeez, you guys all really know how to derail a thread with a bunch of arguments over nothing. Can't we just discuss the topic at hand?

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Diplomat

de-rail?-

When you ascended on high, you led captives in your train; you received gifts from men, even from the rebellious— that you, O LORD God, might dwell there.-Ps68.18

now thats funny I don't care who you are!

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   

de-rail?-

When you ascended on high, you led captives in your train; you received gifts from men, even from the rebellious— that you, O LORD God, might dwell there.-Ps68.18

now thats funny I don't care who you are!

Sorry, but I can't say that I have any clue what you're talking about there.

You don't care who I am? So what? I don't care that you don't care. lol

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   

calm down I thought derail-to-train quote was funny, the "I don't care" is a quote from Larry the Cable guy a stand up comedian-cheese and crackers man, I knew I had a dry sense of humor but but but

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   

I mean if you're going to live your life out, here on these boards. You should at least try, to make it a positive experience. All you seem to do is sharpen your hate pal.
It really is evident of a sick mind.
You need to quit blamming others for the fact that you wouldn't make a pimple on a nats azz.

Wow, am I missing something here?

How do you come to the conclusion that Evil Incarnate is filled with hatred?
He makes good points that represent the thoughts of many, are all non believers than "Hateful" People?

His point about the endless quoting of Scripture as proof, has run it's course well and truly.
We can all read the Bible, no need to remind us what's in it, but it takes an open Mind and a desire to seek the truth and not be led like a Blind Man, I don't think Jesus would complain about that.

And that's were most "non believers" stand, having looked at all the evidence, and no matter how inconvenient the truth may turn out for the individual, being true to oneself is what is important, even it doesn't ring in tune with the Bible.

Imagine you were God
What type of People would you want in your Heaven?
Ones who worship you blindly because of fear? ....... that's bound to lead to certain Mutiny if their Eyes ever open.
Or would you prefer the ones that seek a true understanding of who and what we are, and what this Life entails, be it Evolution, by using the gift of a Brain, and not a Book.

Atheists don't "hate" Christians, but they stand sharp against those who claim their Ideology reins supreme, especially when it requires one to close doors and enter servitude to a hidden Deity.
That doesn't sound unreasonable, does it?

Anyways... my Op has taken this discussion on to the wrong track, I should have left out the poor attempt at humor, any sarcasm was directed at Scriptures, and my understanding of them, not Christians per se.

To rephrase the question:
Were would you do if you found out, undeniably, that Jesus was not the Stairway to Heaven?

Would your perspective of him change, would you seek another Deity who may guarantee you passage?

Or are these stupid questions?

Peace all

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join