It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you been jottled lately?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Finally, someone has figured out why my car keys keep showing up in the freezer.

www.visionaryliving.com...

Frankly, I knew is wasn't because my brain is turning into oatmeal. At least now there's a word for it.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   
how cool. The things around my house are jottled quite regularly. Just yesterday, I had a jar of paint in my hand, got down to look under the bed to see why the puppy was choking, and the bottle wound up on the other side of the bed on the nightstand. I swear I never even went to that side of the bed. I had chalked it up to a brain malfunction as well, but maybe it wasn't!

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   
It doesn't happen all the time, but enough to get annoying sometimes. Have had keys that I know were on the hooks by the front door be moved to the back bedroom, remote to my tv I always keep it by my chair would be moved to the coffee table. Oh, the list could go on.
I've even said out loud (when nobodys around) "Would you please leave my stuff alone." And the little critters'll leave my stuff alone for about a month or more, then things start moving around again.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   
LOL oh this happens to me all the time, We where told we had a child ghost in the house and that was why,

Its petty funny now and so many things end up in the strangest of places and happens more so this time of yea for some odd reason,

The main things are my purse, Keys and my kettle! the kettle has ended up in the bathroom so many times,

My keys will be gone and then they appear a day later right in front of me on a kitchen surface where there was no way i could have missed them,

It does make me laugh and i kinda always say thanks for giving me them back

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 07:18 AM
link   
My gramma had a way to find things that went missing...repeat the words, "Diavlo davai!" three times. Roughly translated that means, "Give it up, devil." Seems to work about half the time.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I have two young toddlers.

I'm constantly being "jottled".

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I had that problem before. We had a resident spirit in the house so I always blamed it. That is until I caught my cat in the act. I

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Jottled. Like it.

Still doesn't explain the phenomenon of what I call "cable gnomes". You set up your PC or home entertainment system and meticulously arrange the plethora of cabling in an orderly fashion. Then, for what ever reason, you look behind the tv or under your desk and quelle surprise, it's like spaghetti, chaotically tangled in an obscene manner which can never be solved by eye alone. So what do you do? You do it all over again, restore order to the anarchy. Which lasts until the next time you look...

I swear I've heard them. Laughing maniacally in whispers.

Sendran.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   
i HAVE been jottled!

and i know it had to be jottling because i am one of those "a place for everything and everything in its place" people.
my jottle incidents are not frequent but they are memorable.

one of them had to do with my birth certificate - which i KNOW was in my purse when it got stolen. that was something like 6 years ago. and i had not seen my b.c. since then, even though i have, in the course of events, gone through every bit of my belongings when i recently totally renovated my living space.

and then...about 2 months ago, i found my birth certificate in a sort of "catch-all" box that had been on the upper shelf of my desk all along!
and i KNOW i had gone through the stuff in that box several times, looking for other stuff. there's not that much stuff in it, anyway. and if i had seen my b.c. i certainly would have noticed because it really bothered me to lose it - it was the original document and i'd kept up with it all my life until that point.
i really lamented its absence.

but it's not gone anymore.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 07:23 AM
link   
I got jottled yesterday - maybe in response to posting this thread?

I was helping my wife burn some PowerPoint CDs for a meeting she was prepping for, and had already been feeding the slide-out tray of my laptop for about 1/2 hour with CDs as I busied myself with some reading. Suddenly, when I ejected the CD, the tray came out and hit my stapler, which was now blocking the way of the slide-out CD tray. And when I say it was blocking it, I mean the stapler was nearly resting up against the laptop where the tray slides out.

I had to laugh out loud, since I battle with a bit of OCD, and my desk is extremely consistent in its layout patterns (I prefer to see myself as very organized, thank you). That stapler moved 3 ft 7 inches to get into position to block that CD tray, and did so while i was sitting there reading.

I have no idea how it was able to do that, although I am certain that I know WHY it did it. Some folks - even astrals - like to be noticed and commented on, so now that I've commented on it here, it should be satisfied.

[edit on 22-7-2010 by NorEaster]

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Oh gosh this is a never ending occurrence! Everything I need when I need it isnt where it was when I placed it. The oddest of which was my cellphone.

I had lost it, even though I placed it on my desk, for about a week. My battery can only survive 24 hours, so I assumed it a lost cause and went to buy a new one and replace my sim card. Whilst browsing phones I heard a faint vibration and turned everything off and listened for it again. I found my phone nearly dead under my clothes hamper on the opposite end of the room from my desk.

Under, not on top of, not in, not in a pair of pants, not next to... Under. You know, that little circle like area where theres space under? Right there >_> Drove me nuts, and I had gone through my hamper, moved it to look under my bed, tore up my bed, put everything from the floor on top of my bed, put the hamper back on the exact same carpet ring and there it was. Grrr to you little invisible tricksters! D<

top topics

join