It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli court says consensual sex between An arab and a Jew is rape.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
The arrest of the Arab had nothing to do with the fact that he was a non-Jew. The law used in this case is quite clear and has nothing to do with genda, religion or race.

Maybe not race, but I think we have come to the realisation that religion and gender were taken into consideration in this situation. You can pretend otherwise if you like, but these are the facts for anybody with eyes to see and a brain to think.

May I also point out, are men on this thread aware of what RAPE is and how do you define it? A majority of men are still unclear on what Domestic Violence is even though it's quite clear and easy as knowing your ABCs.

Rape is a serious crime that most men are aware of and understand. Unjust violence against women is also a practice most men oppose. Unfortunately, Feminism's use of these two concepts for political leverage has had a disastrous effect on society. A never-ending Gender War, suspicion and mistrust of the opposite gender, fear and alienation of the opposite gender etc.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

You assume "WE" have come to the realisation that genda and religion came in to this case? Who is "we" and did you read the transcripts of the court case? I think not!

I don't think men really know what rape really is until they are subjected to the wrath of the courts then they still deny it ever happened while the whole time their lawyers switch blame on to the woman.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 04:40 AM
link   

You assume "WE" have come to the realisation that genda and religion came in to this case? Who is "we" and did you read the transcripts of the court case? I think not!

I gave you an alternative scenario where the gender roles were switched, and you said that it was fraud, but not rape. So yes, the gender apparently does make a difference. The man NOT being Jewish is why he was charged in the first place. If he was Jewish and lied about being a non-Jew to have sex with her, he would not be charged in the same circumstances would he?

I don't think men really know what rape really is until they are subjected to the wrath of the courts then they still deny it ever happened while the whole time their lawyers switch blame on to the woman.

I'm not even going to bother discussing this with you. Maybe you should think more about the context of each case before you decide to generalise all men...

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

If the man was Jewish then why would he lie about his Jewishness to a Jewish woman? You are not making any sence. A Jewish man would never deny he is Jewish to a Jewish woman.

Now if the woman was an Arab (or a non-Jew) and a Jewish man lied about being Jewish and said he was an Arab (or non-Jew) then yes the law would apply.

Got it?

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

Switching of gendas makes no difference.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   

If the man was Jewish then why would he lie about his Jewishness to a Jewish woman? You are not making any sence. A Jewish man would never deny he is Jewish to a Jewish woman.

I don't know, maybe the woman is attracted to non-Jews and was disappointed to find out that he was also a Jew? What makes you so sure of this?

Now if the woman was an Arab (or a non-Jew) and a Jewish man lied about being Jewish and said he was an Arab (or non-Jew) then yes the law would apply.

Hmm, I highly doubt that - especially under Israeli law. But hopefully I am wrong about that...

Got it?

I understand why I am right and you are wrong just as you understand that you are right and I am wrong. We will have to agree to disagree.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
And once again religion overrides common sense...

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I think that many men have bedded women with lies.

"I have a great job. Usually I drive my Lexus but it's in the shop and they gave me this Honda as a loaner."

So, in the interest of justice, why is he accused of rape?

I also think that many women lie.

Man "Do you come here often?"
Woman "No, I've been here once or twice before."

Many people in the dating scene lie all the time. Deal with it.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by gem_man

I have to say I was utterly flabbergasted.

If telling fibs to get someone into bed is now akin to rape, not only have I been raped a good few times in my life, I have probably raped someone myself...

But what is truly abhorrent is the racist element of this. Had he lied about anything else except his "race" - and we are not really talking about race here, are we, but rather religion - he most certainly would not be in prison now.

I wonder where all the CifWatchers are, to defend this aberrancy?

This is just yet another travesty of justice in the ongoing tragedy that Israel has become. As much for the people who have become blind to the accelerating fascism as those who perpetrate it and those who are its victims.

Could such a case EVER be brought against a married Jewish man who lied to commit adultery?

Nobody comes out well in the 'rape' story but it is falsely accusing a person of brutal rape that should be a crime.

This shameful episode exposes the racism (and sexism) of the Israeli state; people previously unmoved are sickened by this conviction. Links are being made to situation in the Southern states of America before the civil rights movement and to South Africa in the time of apartheid. She found him attractive enough to have conceptual sex after shortly after meeting him. Only when she found out that he was Arabic did she consider it rape. If that isn't racism then I do not know what is. Change Arabic for Jewish or Black and see what I mean?

It's also intensely intrusive by the state into the actions of its citizens. The unnamed "victim" gave consent to sex. It's deeply patronising towards women, and actually denigrates the concept of them being adults, responsible for their actions, to set aside that consent for something as febrile as her opinion of the importance of the religion of the man she slept with.

Or as a Jewish woman put it in another forum.

"Sleeping with an almost total stranger on a first date? I don't remember reading about that in the Torah".

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Lol she #ed him 15 minutes after meeting him or lets say they #ed eachother after 15 mins of meeting.

"serious relationship" indeed.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by EFGuy

But what is truly abhorrent is the racist element of this. Had he lied about anything else except his "race"

Yeah, he kind of said that he was a single while being married plus kids. And i think that law is stupid, it exists in current form for a couple of years and any women suing any man who lied will win the case.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

The female in the case has only problem with the man not being Jewish. She has raised the main point him not being Jewish.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zmurfix
This is pure racism and arabs discrimination.

Can't argue with that.

Especially since she obviously liked him until she found out he was an Arab.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Boy am I glad I found this thread in my subscription list.

I hope you are brave enough to answer this one, bluemirage5.

Man and woman are about to have sex. Before they get it on, the man asks the woman if she is on the pill, he says that if she is not on the pill then he will not have sex with her. She lies they have sex and she ends up falling pregnant. Does this not constitute rape and fraud? Should he have to pay Child Support?

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Rape? How ridiculous. Sex was consensual. People pretend and lie all the time. They lie about being single, their age, their circumstances... She will maybe learn not to go round shagging people she just met. I think the phrase here is 'caveat emptor'.

edit on 18-9-2010 by starchild10 because: grammar

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join