It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli court says consensual sex between An arab and a Jew is rape.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by gem_man
reply to post by Tim Bradley

Hey Tim, welcome to ATS! Generally I attack what I consider to be injustices perpetrated by the Israeli government of the cowardly IDF. I draw a distinction between governments and people. I have often been called an Anti-Semite. Anyone that reads all my posts wouldn't think so.

Stupid laws like this are to protect the "purity" of Jewish blood. Actually many arabs (they are called "Arabs" because they speak arabic) are descended from the ancient Israelites having been forcibly converted during the Mohammadem wars. Most Ashkanazi Jews are Khazar converts to Judaism without a drop of ancient Jewish blood. The girl would likely have her "Jewish" gene pool improved had she got pregnant.

Anyway we have a great community here. Hope you enjoy it.

I attack hypocrisy and injustices and have also been called a jew-hater. I'm more of an Israel-hater, not a jew-hater. But you're absolutely right on everything you've said.

I just want to add that Israelis are not the poor innocent victims, they're the victimizers. They're not a democracy, they're a theocracy and they are ethnically cleansing the non-jewish population. This is not hating jews this is presenting facts. People like to throw the word hater and Racist around but If you REALLY look at the racists, the Israelis and zionist jews are more racist than any hitler lover or white racist. I mean there is J-date. How would society like it if there was white-date? I'm anything BUT racist. I think there is only one race, the human race and we just have a lot of evolutionary baggage as a species.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
This is debated all over the news here (in Israel) too..

My girlfriend is an Israeli Arab.. I hope that doesn't mean I've been raped too...

I don't know what to make of it.. On the one hand this is racism, plain and simple, that woman is a racist, and doesn't sound very intelligent..
On the other hand he broke the law.. If an Israeli pretended to be an Arab to have sex with an arabic girl he would get the same treatment...

I don't know.. Should we force everyone to be as open minded as we are? I mean some people don't feel like they'd want to marry outside their religion, or outside their race.. It shows that person is close minded, yes, but I'm not sure it means his racist..

I mean, she can't even tell her parents about this, and I've only told my dad..

Defining this is not as easy as saying "Israel is racist"... Sorry.

With respect,
Eliad.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   

What's wrong with you all? Is this anti-semitism day today or does this law Paragraph 345 (a) (2) cause you to reflect upon your own conscience of past sexual conquests when you too were deceitful and lied to woo a woman?

You men just don't get it and then you wonder why women have little or no regard for the male species. Women (and mothers with daughters) need to protect ourselves from the likes of you lot hence why you are no longer deemed reliable to protect us (your mothers, sisters, daughters) or worthy enough for us to look after you in your senior years.

Now how about you all go away and think carefully what legacy you want to leave behind for the women in your families. Spare us the thought; this is why women are now alot more independant and are fast becoming better skilled hunters (and gatherers) than our male counterparts. Keep on kidding yourselves because the day will come when you men have no one but a ceiling to look up at while laying in your poop and urine for hours if not days on end. Good luck with that!

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Eliad

Eliad....you know no good will come of this relationship, not for you, not the girl in question and not for both your families...especially yours! Believe me, I know the consquences of both your actions more than I care to admit. It will not work, it's as simple as that!

In your case you and your girlfriend are in full knowledge and consent of eachother.

It took me a while, and with great thought, this law you have in Israel is a good thing, quite frankly I don't think it goes far enough.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Ok guys. Stay on topic. You all agreed to the T & C when you joined.
One line Posts, off-topic posts: Please review this link-
Terms and Conditions

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

Nah.. This is different generation. These law aren't in place to protect from Jews and Arabs having sex, they're there to protect people from being cheated into having sex with someone.

It's a new generation.. We need to respect each other, not make our parent's mistakes.

The fact that she's Arab and I'm not has no meaningful impact on our relationship, other than the fact we don't share the same political views.. But we respect each other enough to not let that bother us..

No good will come out of it? You don't go into a relationship calculating the good coming out of it.. We just fell into it I guess.. Had nothing to do with what we are, and more to do with who we are, and that's it. C'est la vie..

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Both parties were consenting adults not under the influence of any substances or mind-altering drugs. The act of sex did not cause distress to either and no laws were broken by the act itself. Why was this man charged with Rape again?

bluemirage5, you think this law does not go far enough? I wonder what ideology you subscribe to? Does it begin with an F?

----------

Originally posted by bluemirage5
What's wrong with you all? Is this anti-semitism day today or does this law Paragraph 345 (a) (2) cause you to reflect upon your own conscience of past sexual conquests when you too were deceitful and lied to woo a woman?

You men just don't get it and then you wonder why women have little or no regard for the male species. Women (and mothers with daughters) need to protect ourselves from the likes of you lot hence why you are no longer deemed reliable to protect us (your mothers, sisters, daughters) or worthy enough for us to look after you in your senior years.

Now how about you all go away and think carefully what legacy you want to leave behind for the women in your families. Spare us the thought; this is why women are now alot more independant and are fast becoming better skilled hunters (and gatherers) than our male counterparts. Keep on kidding yourselves because the day will come when you men have no one but a ceiling to look up at while laying in your poop and urine for hours if not days on end. Good luck with that!

Enjoy your fantasy while it lasts. The nauseating repetition and use of the "racist/anti-semitic/xenophobic/homophobic/sexist/misogynist" cards are gradually wearing thinner by the day. People are starting to wake up around the world. I urge you to use the left hemisphere of your brain when reflecting over the delusions in your . before you start making threats and wild accusations.

[edit on 22/7/2010 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by gem_man

If you lie about who you are and what you are offering, in order to get from your victim that you would have not received otherwise, then that is fraud.
Therefore the victim has every right (the same as you or i) to justice.

The truth is buried under details....deny ignorance

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by gem_man

Is the Israeli court so stupid?

Yes. The Israeli court is so stupid.

Consensual sex is NOT rape.

I am sick and tired of Israeli racism and warmongering.

All Israel loves is war. Israel is an evil country.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Zmurfix

What world do you live in.
I live here and the laws relate to all.
I think you are misinformed...just to add for your information...
The people of Israel blend together beautiful, but this is hidden in the hate put out by those who have a different agenda.

This is my personnel experience over several years.

Of course not many will believe this...but we here know the truth.

Just to preempt...i am neither Jewish or any other so called religion.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by jean59

I had no idea that this law existed in Israel and as a mother of a daughter and an Australian, I'm impressed.

I have to also point out the woman who had the courage to come forward and seek justice, I hope she learned a valuable lesson too; she could had put her life at risk as a Jew and a woman.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

Perhaps you are not a parent of a daughter, this I have to assume based upon the manner and contents of your posts.

I too considered many different senarios when I first read this article but before jumping feet first and making a complete fool of myself I took the time out and gave this law much thought based upon the experiences of many women who also found themselves in similar suituations. By using fraudulent means to get an innocent and naieve woman in to bed is wrong on all fronts; it's blatantly dishonest and cowardly at best.

I'm all for our education system adding a compulsary Ethics & Morals class for all high school students, especially those from Year 9 to Year 12. Obviously religious classes don't go far enough.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   
How long is it gonna take until the US sanctions Israel like we did with Iraq for 15 years.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Won't happen so get used to it

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Perhaps you are not a parent of a daughter, this I have to assume based upon the manner and contents of your posts.

You assume correctly. However, are we not in this case talking about a grown woman? What does being a parent have to do with this case?

I too considered many different senarios when I first read this article but before jumping feet first and making a complete fool of myself I took the time out and gave this law much thought based upon the experiences of many women who also found themselves in similar suituations. By using fraudulent means to get an innocent and naieve woman in to bed is wrong on all fronts; it's blatantly dishonest and cowardly at best.

I see: so women should be treated as oversized children then? Absolve them of all responsibility for their own safety? She was not innocent or naive. She wanted to have sex with a man she found attractive; she knew what she was doing and why she wanted it. If she had doubts she should have not had sex with him.

I'm all for our education system adding a compulsary Ethics & Morals class for all high school students, especially those from Year 9 to Year 12. Obviously religious classes don't go far enough.

As long as those "Ethics & Morals" involve teaching kids how to respect both sexes then yes it is a good idea. But who decides what is taught?

[edit on 24/7/2010 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 03:41 AM
link   

A parent never stops being a parent no matter how old our children are; we know our kids are going to make mistakes on their journey both as a child and as an adult; we can only hope we have taught our kids well to help them have better judgement when making decisions.

Men think with their .s (men want sex), women think with their hearts (women want to feel loved). Does it make women a little more naive than men? Unfortunately yes and this is why so many women fall right in to the hands of predators so damn easily - sometimes putting their lives at serious risk.

In this particular case, we as men and women can debate it until the cows come home but lets agree by bedding a woman through fraudalent means is morally and ethically wrong on all counts. This is a test case that has now gone worldwide and is subject to much sensitivity of both sexes. It's not about Jew v Arab, it's about the difference between right and wrong on so many levels. I recall many years ago how an Israeli man met and married an Israeli woman - only to find out on their wedding night the wife failed to mention she was born a male and had a full sex change. This same law was applied to this case.

The woman in question was not intirely innocent, she was too quick to jump in to bed without getting to know this man, checking his ID card, meeting his parents/siblings/friends, how much he earns, criminal record if any, credit rating, etc etc. Bottom line is, he lied about his name and he lied about the existance of his wife and children. Could'nt he had just sought out a prostitute and paid for his little romp? No. He fantasized of having sex with a Jewish girl and lying was the only way he could live his fantasy and the fact that prostitutes meant $$$. He also knew Arab women are generally not "available" until marriage. This woman, had consensual sex based upon his lies. He wanted control. He was and is a deviant - in my books - scum, a sub human; most certainly not a decent human being by any means so why should he demand to be treated like one?

As for running an Ethics class in high school without a religious flavour involved - common sence immediately comes to mind but is'nt that what our ancient sages taught us in the first place? Before then we were barbarians with no conscience, no court of justice. Looks like we have not progressed well in modern times and we still have a whole lot to learn.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 04:54 AM
link   
And all this coming from a country that permits sexual mutilation of boys.

Lets see how the UN goes about telling iserail to stop this pratice or is it that money makes all things right.

anyone thats cutting parts of babies in the UK should be charged as pedofiles and sent down to work for HMG fot at least five years.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by LieBuster

Circumcisim has absolutely nothing to do with topic yet it's another topic that can be debated until we all turn blue in the face. I agree with circumcisim and so does all Islamic and some Christian nations. I'm sure you were not aware that all our soldiers in the 1st and 2nd world war were also circumcised before they were shipped out. If every man was circumcised our women would'nt had needed the cervical cancer jab!

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   

A parent never stops being a parent no matter how old our children are; we know our kids are going to make mistakes on their journey both as a child and as an adult; we can only hope we have taught our kids well to help them have better judgement when making decisions.

I don't doubt that. Especially when you are the youngest "child" in a family!

Men think with their .s (men want sex), women think with their hearts (women want to feel loved). Does it make women a little more naive than men? Unfortunately yes and this is why so many women fall right in to the hands of predators so damn easily - sometimes putting their lives at serious risk.

Actually, it's more complicated than just "thinking with their .s". It is a physiological and biological need - as well as a psychological desire. It's more to do with women failing to be educated properly about the nature of men. See, men failing to be educated about the nature of women is still a loss, but it presents little danger to men. Believe it or not but there is quite a lot more that separates men from women than what's between our legs...

In this particular case, we as men and women can debate it until the cows come home but lets agree by bedding a woman through fraudalent means is morally and ethically wrong on all counts. This is a test case that has now gone worldwide and is subject to much sensitivity of both sexes.

Ethics and morals do not dictate law directly. It is fraud, but I disagree that it is rape.

It's not about Jew v Arab, it's about the difference between right and wrong on so many levels. I recall many years ago how an Israeli man met and married an Israeli woman - only to find out on their wedding night the wife failed to mention she was born a male and had a full sex change. This same law was applied to this case.

That would be fraud as well and I agree that is wrong too. However, it is NOT rape. It seems there is an effort to associate acts of fraud with acts of rape. I wonder why?

The woman in question was not intirely innocent, she was too quick to jump in to bed without getting to know this man, checking his ID card, meeting his parents/siblings/friends, how much he earns, criminal record if any, credit rating, etc etc. Bottom line is, he lied about his name and he lied about the existance of his wife and children.

Men lie for sex? That's like saying women lie for shopping. You can't be serious!

Could'nt he had just sought out a prostitute and paid for his little romp? No. He fantasized of having sex with a Jewish girl and lying was the only way he could live his fantasy and the fact that prostitutes meant $$$.

Umm, the following is probably WAY more likely. He met a chick he wanted to screw because she is attractive. After talking with her she probably asked if he was Jewish. He knew that saying yes, the chance of them having sex would change from 0% to 99%, so he just said he was Jewish. They had consensual sex. She found out from a friend that he was not Jewish, and she filed rape charges against him.

He also knew Arab women are generally not "available" until marriage. This woman, had consensual sex based upon his lies. He wanted control. He was and is a deviant - in my books - scum, a sub human; most certainly not a decent human being by any means so why should he demand to be treated like one?

That's so Feminist like. Here's a test for you: take a piece of paper and divide it. Make a list of all the things you believe this man did wrong. Now in the second column put "if he was Jewish" and then write the list of things he did wrong. Second list is quite a bit shorter, yes? Who knew that religion/race could determine how "scum, sub human" a person is.

[edit on 26/7/2010 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 03:36 AM
link   

The arrest of the Arab had nothing to do with the fact that he was a non-Jew. The law used in this case is quite clear and has nothing to do with genda, religion or race.

May I also point out, are men on this thread aware of what RAPE is and how do you define it? A majority of men are still unclear on what Domestic Violence is even though it's quite clear and easy as knowing your ABCs.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join