It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Be skeptical of debunkers, Debunk Skeptics & Believe in someone.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+16 more 
posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 04:39 AM
link   
someone witnessed something no single authority on the planet seems to know how to account for.

someone experienced something no single authority on the planet seems to know how to account for.

someone comes to ATS to share as best as they can the experiences they have witnessed themselves with their own senses.

someone on ATS is met mostly with skeptics who are skeptical of someone's senses.

someone on ATS is met mostly with debunkers who are into the practice of debunking someone's senses.

let us assume for the sake of arguement that all the skeptics and all the debunkers are absolutely 100% correct.

debunkers have debunked the sensory input of someone who not only shares the same senses as someone, but also (allegedly) shares the same 99.7+% dna as someone also.

debunkers have used the same senses to debunk the senses of someone who's senses the debunker hasn't the senses to believe.

skeptics use the same senses to be skeptical of someone's senses who skeptics are skeptical of believing.

someone senses that debunkers are debunking someones' senses because debunkers rely on their senses more than they do the senses of someones.

someone senses that skeptics are skeptical of someones' senses because skeptics are skeptical of relying on someones' senses more than the senses of someones because the debunker's senses told them not to trust someones' senses.

someone decides on their own that in order for the skeptical debunkers to be correct concerning someones' senses they too would have to be relying on the same senses they admittingly don't trust, thus a logial comparison can be made.

someone decides that if someone cannot be permitted to trust one's own senses according to the skeptical debunkers, that someone shouldn't trust their senses either.

someone becomes skeptical of debunkers and begins debunking skeptics.

someone becomes initiated into the psy-op's "cyber-ego" phenomenon that is the ATS we know and love.

isn't ATS fun?

which side has the greatest passions and emotions?
the side of the someone?
the side of the skeptical?
the side of the debunkers?

maybe if the "linear" minded can "sense" more than two sides...

ATSers win.

Is ATS "someone" friendly?

sometimes, depending on who's senses you are dealing with.

maybe....
? Be skeptical of debunkers. Debunk Skeptics. Believe in someone. ?

have a thought, or at least try to think about it,
et

p.s.
i don't know a guy who doesn't know a guy i know nothing about. someone told me this once, or maybe my senses were mistaken.

star?

edited to add:
yes, the thread Opening Post may seem a little "crptic", but the messages are not too hidden.

it is about using our senses to try our best to understand the other sides' talking points and promote understanding and dialogue while taking in information in a more tolerant and receptive manner. be you skeptical, be you debunker, be you believer, or be you someone, my fellow ATSers.

[edit on 21-7-2010 by Esoteric Teacher]

NEW Humorous FEATURE:
www.youtube.com...

star?

[edit on 21-7-2010 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Someone has to help me understand what this is about.

Someone has to have a second line.

EDIT (To update)
Alright, I have read it three times.

Is this about "hostility" in the forums? That is all I can figure...

EDIT (To Inform)
I received one star before editing.

[edit on 7/21/2010 by adigregorio]

[edit on 7/21/2010 by adigregorio]

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by adigregorio

The signature does say "the stupidest ATS thread ever."

Maybe that's a confession!

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by adigregorio

it's about someone for someone.
it's about debunking for debunkers.
it's about skepticism for skeptics.
it's about ATS for ATSers.

(it's about Esoteric Teacher's star collection)
esoteric teacher thanks you 4 your participation.

star for you! & star for et?

-et

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by torsion

put your mouse clicker on where it says that, and click.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Ummmm..... let me get this straight, you are saying that the senses of someone cant be correct because the skeptics senses tell him that the senses of the debunked doesn't go along with the senses of the believer. So the senses of the sincerest censer doesn't sense any sense of a senseless thread.

OK,,,,,I got it! in a sense!

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChicUFO
Ummmm..... let me get this straight, you are saying that the senses of someone cant be correct because the skeptics senses tell him that the senses of the debunked doesn't go along with the senses of the believer. So the senses of the sincerest censer doesn't sense any sense of a senseless thread.

OK,,,,,I got it! in a sense!

I *thinks* its just about not liking skeptics/trusting your own senses? Like 'believe in something'. It kind of sounds like a film trailer.

Oh and I love your profile picture its very awesome.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 05:02 AM
link   
I have to say, interesting message. Though I usually type it "right out" and the folks still can't seem to understand.

You get a star
Just for the effort!

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by ChicUFO

not exactly, but you are soooo very close, i think.

thanks for putting some sense into your post before posting.

star for you!

thanks,
et

+6 more 
posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Be skeptical of the those that are skeptical of the skeptical skeptics that are skeptical of the skeptical believers, who believe the believers believe that the skeptical believers believe that believers can't be skeptical believers but can be believing skeptics as long as they believe that they believe that what they believe is not skeptical.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Chadwickus,
someone who isn't too skeptical can still probably debunk what you just said, if someone believes it enough.

star 4 u 2!

-et

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 05:30 AM
link   
I can't helpit but to serve you the same medicine i got try to explain my own understanding of ufos
www.youtube.com...

regarding my thread:www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 21-7-2010 by SSimon]

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 05:32 AM
link   
allegedly there is less than 10 billion people on this planet.

yet, it seems i've heard more than 10 Billion opinions, sometimes.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Debunkers wish to be debunked in my opinion! I mean , I consider myself a skeptic because I have the common sense to ask questions and try to understand how or why something has happened rather than believe it blindly because it fits with how I would want my wild beliefs to be seen.

So please debunk me, I want you too . If even 1 % of you with wild assumptions (most cannot even be called theories) could stand up to a well-educated skeptic then there would be less problems.

If someone has perceived an event that is unexplainable , then proclaim it so and ask input. Most of the time someone perceives such an event and think they "know" what it is , what it ties in with , where it comes from , how it happened, etc. If that were the case then it wouldn't fit into your "unexplainable" category you proudly put for yourself and other crybaby companions.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Great theory!

The only thing I'd say is that the debunker/skeptic doesn't just use the senses... they have statistical probability to use as a tool too.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

If they want to present the events as unexplainable then let them . It seems you just want a place where everyone can make up really good stories about whatever they want and all the listeners to just take it as truth. If you want that go join a church/cult.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   
You have hit the nail on the head with this one.
The skeptic is very welcome to me, he challenges your thoughts and research. Helps keeping you honest. The skeptic states their case and submits proof to support their claim.

The debunker attacks you personally with no offer of supporting proof.

Take the resent threads dealing with chemtrails. A couple of the debunkers were on the thread 12- 15 hours straight, just repeating the same post they had made hours earlier. Attacking people personally just as you said in this thread.

My question is WHY? Why would a normal person put out such an effort.
Why would they care.

The only answer that is plausible is they are paid to do it. How could someone stay on the internet hour upon hour and still pay the rent.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by brokedown

Debunking ideas and theories is doing so WITH proof. A skeptic is one who demands evidence of some sort through ideas or concepts bearing rational thinking. Neither requires anyone to be paid and are almost one in the same thing. A skeptic debunks and would also be open to being debunked him/herself. I don't know much about chemtrails but I know that jets leave behind trails sometimes. I would have to look up the evidence either way.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I thought the moderators had decided no more us versus them, skeptics are evil threads...

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

Ok so star and flag upon you as I feel accomplished now.
At first I was like huh?
And then I was like huh.
And then it was all huh!
I actually had to ask a friend of a buddy who knew someone who saw something like this thing you made.
Then I had a pal ask hid buddy to help me piece the parts together, and with the help of one of his contacts we got it.
We were able to debunk the thought that you may be wrong, therefore I BELIEVE IN YOU!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join