It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Torijutsu - An Amazing Story

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Hello Everyone!

I would like to tell you about a legend/myth that exists in my area.

I am a martial artist from North Wales, United Kingdom. In my locality and in the circles of friends I have (karate, taekwondo and kung fu students) there is talk of man who did something quite extraordianry about 2 years ago.

The story is that a young man from North Wales invented a martial art called 'Torijutsu', and he held a taster session for a select few indiiduals in Buckley Sports Centre (also in North Wales).

Anyway, the students who turned up said that they were dumbfounded with what they witnessed. Appaarently seven of the students (fully grown men) attacked the young sensei all at once and he sent them all flying accross the dojo! He also stabbed himself in the belly with a knife and the wound healed itself in seconds.

The sensei's name was Richard, and he came from a karate background (some people say Kimura Shukokai Karate, others say Shotokan). Apparantely after this he went to live abroad, somewhere in Asia.

In the taster session the sensei talked about being able to absorb the energy from all matter around him and being able to channel his 'Chi'. He also taught the students a Zen Buddhist meditation technique he used.

I found this link on the web the other day which tells a student's first hand account of that class:

torijutsu.weebly.com...

What do you think? Is it possible for a person to absorb energy form their surroundings and use it in attacking others, or healing themselves?

I posted this on BTS, but I think this could also go on ATS (so sorry for the repeat post). I'm not sure if this is the right board too. I might post this on The Grey Area later on.

Thank you

[edit on 21-7-2010 by chemistry]

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Yes, truly an amazing story. It is possible that Sensei Richard does harness energy from his surroundings and is able to utilize that `Chi` to his advantage. I haven't seen anyone demonstrate such force for attacking others or healing oneself. Maybe we all need meet up in Flint and learn this technique. I'm sure one day we will all be able to heal each other, if not fight back in return.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by chemistry

Not convinced about harnessing chi energy, but I studied Wing Chun for five years and there are some pretty interesting things achieved by deflection of forces with simple body movements. None of it is rocket science and there is no magic, but a good understanding of the human body goes a long way. Interesting story though.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Not convinced about harnessing chi energy

I believe they could control the release adrenaline in the body.
this would account for the superhuman strength and lack of pain.

I also believe Ninjutsu was not what everyone now thinks.
en.wikipedia.org...

Yes the shinobi were skilled at martial art, strategy, and tactics of unconventional warfare and guerrilla warfare.

but there real secret was a skill at using chemical(poisons) and biological warfare.
Ninjutsu included methods of gathering information, and techniques of non-detection, avoidance, and misdirection.

Tell a warlord that he will be killed that night.
The warlord would put his people around his room so that no one could get at him.
But he still would be found dead the next morning.

His people would believe the ninja had got in and killed him.
What really happened was a slow acting two part poison had been added to food and it had killed him.
With the poison being two part even food testers would not have saved him.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Yes it could be true. I can do some minor healing with chi.
There is a legend in my area, but was a long time maybe 60 years ago, there was a man who could put a shield around himself and nobody could get near him.

reply to post by LarryLove

umm yeah, try deflecting seven attackers while blidfolded. Also how do you explain the healing?

But still I agree with you.

None of it is rocket science and there is no magic, but a good understanding of the human body goes a long way.

However Chi is not magick, just misunderstood.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   
When I was training in Japan there was a student who was acutely sensitive to Chi energy. I was at first sceptical until one time when training in Kenjutsu, I just couldn't get a certain movement quite right. Finally when I did get it right & it even felt as if everything clicked into place properly, the Chi sensitive student reacted as if electricuted by my Chi flow.

My sensai could even sense the earth's Chi flow at certain sacred Shinto sites.

[edit on 21-7-2010 by acrux]

new topics

top topics

join