It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

$$$ Find Unclaimed Money, I Did. $$$

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Hey Everyone,

I thought I would share a website that attempts to reunite unclaimed money with the owners.

I just checked it out and found that I have $50-$100 in unclaimed money. I also plugged in the names of friends and family members. I found a family members and a friend have unclaimed money waiting for them to claim.

I know things are a little tight for many right now, and I hope other will take a minute to check for some unclaimed money for themselves, family or friends.

Real simple, just pick a state and plug in a name.

If you find something please return to this thread and let us know.

Best Luck.....Hope You Find Some $$$$$$$$$$$

Me=$50-$100
My Dad=three accounts over $100
Friend=$50-$100

www.unclaimed.org...

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   
nope no money for me, and here i was hoping some unknown relative had left me a million dollars.

haha.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   
At first I thought this was an AD thread.

It's not. It's legit. Nobody owes me money, too bad

[edit on 21-7-2010 by sticky]

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   

1st Double Post

[edit on 21-7-2010 by sticky]

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   
My unclaimed money is for an overpayment to the Dept. of Licensing.

The unclaimed accounts for my Dad show as unclaimed money from a credit union, an insurance company and one that says dividend. As my Dad passed on a while back it might be claimable by his children?

My friends account shows a local insurance agency owes him some money.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Hey thanks! I found $50 bucks. I am kind of hesitant to make a claim though, as I'm suspicious of giving out my information. Is $50 bucks really worth it?

On another note, it's pretty scary that "they" know this information.

--airspoon

[edit on 21-7-2010 by airspoon]

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

Each state Secretary of Treasury has a unclaimed funds account. Go to the states website and look for the information. Generally all you have to do is fill out the form, attach a photo ID copy, and sign a statement. Then after many months you'll get your check.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   
This kinda looks like a spam thread to me...

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by airspoon
Hey thanks! I found $50 bucks. I am kind of hesitant to make a claim though, as I'm suspicious of giving out my information. Is $50 bucks really worth it?

On another note, it's pretty scary that "they" know this information.

--airspoon

[edit on 21-7-2010 by airspoon]

Glad you found something.

You can also go directly to your states dept. of revenue site to claim but I think that you will be linked back to the site provided in the OP.

As to your question "is $50.00 worth it?" is relative.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by mnmcandiez

Well I have written many things in the previous decades and have never had any described as spam but, that sure changed about twenty minutes ago.

Is it the dollar signs I used in the title?

Is it the personal testimony?

Is it the promise of free money?

Maybe I have been reading to much spam myself and have unwittingly become a spam writer?

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 02:15 AM
link   
The money that I found was from a bank account that I opened around 15 years ago when I was living in that particular state. I just find it a little uneasy that the government knows what I have in each bank account, especially seeing how it's such a small amount of money.

As far as claiming it, I try to live off the "grid" so to speak and would hate to give my current address over to the government. Not because I'm trying to hide but rather because I feel uneasy with my information in a database somewhere. It probably is anyway.

--airspoon

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by airspoon
The money that I found was from a bank account that I opened around 15 years ago when I was living in that particular state. I just find it a little uneasy that the government knows what I have in each bank account, especially seeing how it's such a small amount of money.

As far as claiming it, I try to live off the "grid" so to speak and would hate to give my current address over to the government. Not because I'm trying to hide but rather because I feel uneasy with my information in a database somewhere. It probably is anyway.

--airspoon

That is something to consider, although unless you have went to great lengths to remove yourself from the system my guess is that TPTB know where you are our could find out without much trouble. Providing your new address may update the system.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 02:57 AM
link   
are these claims associative with wills or land deposits left for a person? i found myself in the search,but found more of who i was also.if you were not told you were willed something would there be a period of time that makes you null from receiving what you were willed, if there are stipulations in a will are you notified of your interest in it? is it possible for someone to take your inheritance, by means of giving you what they feel is your share of this inheritance?

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 03:09 AM
link   
My personal belief is that this is bs. I KNOW. when I was in 8th grade, I stopped paying into a savings account. The bank still exists. My account should still exist. NO money for me!

I was taken away from the city by my family. Shouldn't the account still exist? As I recall, there was no disclaimers, except that I would earn 5.25 percent interest rate.

Heh. Somebody got my 60 dollars!

Whatever y'all do, don't pay for this service unless you get the money, minus the charge from the company that "found" your money.

Just saying................there's a sucker born every minute...........

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Anyone know of a site like this for UK people?

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by deepred

So-

I quit posting on ATS a long time ago, due to the sensitive nature of my job, and a desire to observe members, not poke them with sticks.

So to my surprise, while doing some late night reading, when I come over to ATS on my i-phone and see your thread. I went in to my computer, knowing the Sec of States group affiliation and the .org nature of the website, and searched for money.

Turns out I am owed over $600 from an account I forgot about down in So-Cal! (I know this is legit because it was a Citi account I had, just simply forgot about it when I moved.)

So for the first time in a long time, I am on ATS (which in itself took roughly 20 password tries), signing your thread, to thank you for the community service message.

May I suggest, in a respectful and humble tone, that you preface this thread with a clearer testimonial? This all seems rather Craigslist/Spammer, and it is legit, Government info, which really helped me!

Now I just need to fill out all this paperwork...

Anyone want to make $100?

Thanks again OP, S&F for you!

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 05:29 AM
link   
i have a feeling this is just a way they're collecting your names and updating your address. like how states used to gather hundreds of criminal all in the same building by telling them they've won the lottery, they show up and the cops herd them into prison. beware people.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by TheTruthShallFreeYou

Right on! $600.00 .... not enough to retire on but, it is $600.00 back in your pocket that if left unclaimed would end up in the Governments pocket.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by mnmcandiez

I thought the same thing, which is why I had to come test it.

I went from getting ready to scream hoax, to searching for money.

I even wasn't sure I was actually at the state controllers portion of the CA.gov site the thing linked me.

So I searched it on google and browsed there. Yep 100% legit. There is no register with, that I found. You just file with the state that your money is unclaimed from.

Simple, no tricks.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 05:57 AM
link   
thanks for this link, s+f, found something very interesting. will have to call the dept. since it might be not as straight forward as placing a claim.

due to time diffs it will take a day or 2.

check it out people!

to call the state the claim would be in.

[edit on 21-7-2010 by fooks]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join