It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Letting Go, How Far Have You Gone?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Have you considered the act of letting go, either spiritually, philosophically, or just in general? How far have you taken this idea? What is your barrier preventing you from this, mybe, accomplishment?

What do you need to let go of? What is your goal list?

Share your experience of letting go, and how far you have taken it.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   
I tend to let go of my thoughts usually when they stress me out, or, when I wish for something specific.

If I catch myself blaming something bad that happened or even good on my actions. If I catch myself trying to figure out how to make something happen... It's like I am reminded that I am not responsible for making things happen.

I am reminded that all I have to do is pray/meditate on things. I clearly see how I would have things be, and, then see them in a bubble that I let go into the universe.

By letting these visions go, they are sent off to the force that knows how to make them happen (or not) in a perfect way well above and beyond my abilities. I am not responsible for or credited for any of it...

I have found in my lifetime, that, when I remember this most often, things go much better for me and my surroundings in my world.

This is my way of letting go.

cmariesees

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Honestly, letting go is quite uplifting. The burden of proof, past memories, etc have all melted away. My current perspective in life appears brighter, going forward. More reflections of each thought, action, and deed keep me in check and slows me down to appreciate details that I just didn't pay attention to or care much about. However, I just wouldn't go far and return to my `birthday suit` - the shedding of clothes - symbolic of being ashamed of my nakedness, the bearing of one's soul.

[edit on 2010-7-21 by pikypiky]

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Letting go can be seen as similar to losing yourself in the moment.

Letting go can be positive or negative, depending on the context.

I will add more to this later after I think about it some more.

Good thread.

-Sol

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Letting go of guilt can be tough. Even tougher when you're guilty.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Let go of all the crap that you have been through.

Firstly, family - we all have crap fom family.

Secondly - all those people who put you down - a lot!

Thirdly - it would be nice if people could get on peacefully with each other.........I WISH!

top topics

join