It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deepwater Drilling, How it Works (Short Video)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   
This was something I found interesting, it also raised a question in my mind which may or may not make sense.

www.chevron.com...#/allstories/deepwaterdrilling/howitworks/

Here goes:

Since the biggest goal of the Obama administration is supposedly 'renewable energy' is it possible that with the new and might I add massive funding moving into the Geothermal energy sectors, the whole BP disaster could have been in the beginning stages an attempt to bore into the ocean floor in search of the moulting hot water needed to push the free energy up?

On February 1, the Department of Energy unveiled a $28.4 billion budget request for the 2011 fiscal year (which starts in October this year).

This is but a mere pittance of the moneys already allocated to the renewable energy investors. But as we have seen with the bailouts, big pharma push for their untested vaccines, and scores of other examples,once the ptb make back room deals they follow through regardless of the consequences and impact on people and their environment.

Could it have been a double whammy in that they could use both the horizontal drilling techniques to tap the gas and oil as well as creating the needed fissures and cracks to create Geothermal energy?

From what we have seen in places such as Switzerland, this can be a very dangerous operation which can and has caused swarms of earthquakes and millions in damages.

Quake Threat Leads Swiss to Close Geothermal Project

A $60 million project to extract renewable energy from the hot bedrock deep beneath Basel, Switzerland, was shut down permanently on Thursday after a government study determined that earthquakes generated by the project were likely to do millions of dollars in damage each year.

www.nytimes.com...

Who 'is' this start up company and the scientists behind it and how have they maneged to raise so much capitol for work they know will cause earth quakes?

www.nytimes.com...

I realize I may be grasping at straws, but I wonder if there could be some connection? I just cannot accept that our National Sovereigns have not just kicked BP and all their affiliates off the Gulf and cleaned this mess up and disclosed the truth about the whole situation to the people of the world.

The cover ups are going to cause massive earthquakes and damaging, deadly repercussions if I am right.

[edit on 20-7-2010 by antar]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

For some reason the link at the top of the op does not take you to this short video:

Deepwater Drilling: How It Works

I have tried several times, so if you want to view the video just click over to the right of the choices they offer at the top of their page.

Try again...
www.chevron.com...#/allstories/deepwaterdrilling/howitworks/

[edit on 20-7-2010 by antar]

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Just bumping this thread to find out if any of you know if it is possible these two major oil spills could be part of a bigger plan to make us all turn towards a new type of energy source, or even worse a plot to kill off the oceans from both sides of the world and murder untold millions on the coastal regions of both China and the North America.

The use of corexit from both of the sites are probably coming from the same source which in itself is a giant conspiracy.

China and US are both displaying an incredible lack of ability to insure the safety of the planet and all life forms on it. At what point do we create a newer form of environmental and humanitarian protection agencies?

And how do we do this without the bureaucracy?

Anyway just checking in for a minute and trying to find out just how unstable or safe the storm clouds are that are rolling in even though the weather channel calls for clear skies.

It feels like post traumatic stress now every time the wind blows and the rains come...

Funny I still choose to come here for the truth rather than checking the msm. perhaps if we continue to unravel the conspiracies, lies, misdirection and cover ups, the world we live in and the msm will finally take the bull by the horns and create the type of informed programing that will force change upon the system, NWO or old world ways.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Just had to add this!

Obama Administration Reveals Bedrock Ocean Policy Details – and They’re Strong

And developing this policy is especially critical now - as our country moves forward in developing the clean, renewable energy off our coasts for the 21st century. A policy like this can help the government make sure it's protecting ocean resources while moving forward with such development, making sure it's done right from the start.This list goes on - in fact, you'd be hard-pressed to find an issue affecting our oceans' health where a national oceans policy wouldn't help. And it doesn't stop at the environment - this policy can also help the economy. Our oceans and Great Lakes are economic engines - providing more jobs and more economic output than the entire farm sector (contributing more than $230 billion to the nation's GDP annually).

The Obama Administration is charting the course for healthy oceans, and from what we've seen today they're on the right path. We look forward to helping sail the ship.

switchboard.nrdc.org...

I seriously think that both US Gulf Coast and China have been attempting to create Geothermal renewable energy and instead have created the most toxic enviromental challenges we have ever faced. I just wish the 'transparency' was not proven to have been a voting tactic and complete hoax.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Well, I missed this one before Antar....very interesting.

Especially since that would start in Oct...the same time this swarm started. Something to think about.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

Great compliment coming from you WC, I rarely miss the threads you are in, have been following your research and information sharing closely.

Thankyou for seeing what I have already gone crazy over, came to grips with and kind of let it go to maintain my sanity. It is so wrong on so many levels.

See you back over on the EQ thread.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   

You might take a closer look at China right now too.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Will do...so much to keep up on right now!!!

Bumping this up, because I just can't believe no one else has anything to say about it.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Well take a closer look at this westcoast:

Bromwich and other BOEMRE officials told The Associated Press that the waivers of NEPA requirements for oil and gas companies with pre-existing wells do not reverse its previous plan not to waive detailed environmental reviews. Although the oil companies will not be required to complete detailed reviews under the National Environmental Policy Act, they will have to comply with new regulations and policies.
The companies "will not be required to revise a previously submitted Exploration Plan or Development Operations Coordination Document if the worst-case discharge estimated for the project ... is less than the worst-case discharge estimate included by the company in its Oil Spill Response Plan. However, if the worst-case discharge exceeds the Oil Spill Response Plan, further reviews will be conducted," according to the BOEMRE statement released Monday.
The 13 companies are ATP Oil & Gas Corp.; BHP Billiton Petroleum (GOM) Inc.; Chevron USA Inc.; Cobalt International Energy; ENI U.S. Operating Company Inc.; Hess Corp.; Kerr-McGee Oil & Gas Corp.; Marathon Oil Co.; Murphy Exploration & Production Co.-USA; Noble Energy Inc.; Shell Offshore Inc.; Statoil USA E&P Inc.; and Walter Oil & Gas Corp.

www.courthousenews.com...

Do any of those names look familiar? How do you like the wording of BOEMRE?

In a win for the oil and gas industry, the companies, including Chevron, Shell Offshore and Murphy Exploration & Production Co., were told they can get back to work on previously drilled wells as long as they comply with new policies and regulations.
The 13 companies will not have to complete detailed environmental reviews, as required by the National Environmental Policy Act.

www.courthousenews.com...

To view an animated earth quake guide:

news.bbc.co.uk...

Operation

The Japanese part of the IODP program was called Chikyū Hakken (地球発見, Chikyū Hakken?), Japanese for "Earth Discovery". Chikyu is operated by the Center for Deep Earth Research (CDEX), a subdivision of the Japan Agency for Marine-Earth Science and Technology (JAMSTEC). JAMSTEC also operates the DSV Shinkai, Earth Simulator supercomputer and other marine scientific research projects. CDEX has responsible for the services to support activities including on-board staffing, data management for core samples and logging; implements engineering site surveys; and conducts engineering developments. CDEX contracts with the Mantle Quest Japan Company for the navigation of the ship.

The Chikyū Hakken program is collaborated with foreign scientists from the United States, a consortium consisting of several European countries, Canada, China and South Korea.

Boring into the earths mantle...

Having been Slated to operate in many of the areas hardest hit with tsunamis, earth quakes, operating under a consortium of international investors...

Key innovations include a GPS system and six adjustable computer controlled azimuth thrusters (3.8 meters in diameter) that enable precise positioning to maintain a stable platform during deep water drilling. The maximum drilling water depth for riser drilling is 2,500 meters and can support a drill string up to 10,000 meters long.

History

On November 16, 2007 the project drilled into four of the six sites as planned, reaching 1,400 meters at the site where they plan to drill 6 kilometers. The first stage of four NanTroSEIZE Stages was completed in February 2008. The whole project is envisioned to be completed by 2012 [4]

Magnitude 7.4 EarthQuake Hit Pakistan, India, Iran, Dubai, Qatar, Oman, Muscat
Posted by admin on January 19, 2011

www.startvlive.info...

On 28 January 2011 the world’s longest borehole was drilled at the Odoptu field, with a measured total depth of 12,345 metres (40,502 ft) and a horizontal displacement of 11,475 metres (37,648 ft), in 60 days.[2]

en.wikipedia.org...

Earthquake hits Sea of Okhotsk
(Xinhua)
Updated: 2008-11-24 19:21
Comments(0) PrintMail

BEIJING - An earthquake measuring 7.2 on the Richter scale hit the Sea of Okhotsk, part of the western Pacific Ocean, at 5:02 p.m. Monday, the China Seismological Network reported.

The epicenter was located at 54.2 degrees north latitude and 154.3 degrees east longitude off shore.

The Sea of Okhotsk sits at the far eastern coast of Russia, with the Kamchatka Peninsula on its east.

Earthquake shakes Russia's Sea of Okhotsk, no casualties reported
+ -
14:53, July 05, 2008

A 6.9-magnitude earthquake jolted the region of the Sea of Okhotsk in southeast Russia on Saturday, the Itar-Tass news agency reported.

The tremor occurred at 06:13 Moscow time (0213 GMT), the Kamchatka office of the geophysics service of the Russian Academy of Sciences said.

According to seismologists, the epicenter was at a depth of about 600 km under the seabed, 400 km west of the Kamchatka territorial center.

en.wikipedia.org...

news.bbc.co.uk...

The list is endless, seems every where they bore into the earth a quake of around 7. is sure to follow.

And just exactly who is this 'consortium'? Is it possibly linked to the very same 13 which has been given diplomatic immunity even by our own current administration including the president?

top topics

join