It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

hidden missle silos in fl ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by dexbiafra

If you have not found out what that was you should know it is an amunitions depot for the ARNG to return would not be good they are watched we have many locations along highways in south fl

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
The US Naval Pinecastle bombing range is pretty close to that area. It is located just east of the town of Astor and south of St Rd 40 in western Volusia county. I used to live just to the west of the range near the St Johns river and it is not uncommon to see uniformed military personell in the area.

There has been heightened activity there since about the first of Feb due to the USS Enterprise Carrier Strike group being parked out of Mayport NAS and performing bombing exercises in the range. In the past there have been several instances of unexploded ordinance being found both on and off the range this could be what your friends happened upon. It could have also been a crashed plane as there have been several incidents of crashes over the years there.

It could have also been one of their radar arrays. That area is riddled with trails leading into the bombing range but usually there are large 6'x8' signs that warn you that you are entering the range. The range is open for trail riding and hunting when there aren't exercises going on and when I lived there I hunted that area and rode 4 wheelers there a lot and can assure you there are no silos there.

I would check the local papers for info since evertome they have exercises the people living near the area are constantly complaining about the explosions, even though they new the range was there when they moved there. Perhaps you will find some info on a possible unexploded ordinance or crash.

ETA: Could the "pp" have been "sp"? Shore Patrol would be Navy MP's that would be assigned to any incident on or near the range.
edit on 25-2-2012 by Nucleardiver because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by dexbiafra

After 9/11, the Air Force installed a lot of new monitoring equipment. On Okaloosa Island alone, they quadrupled the amount of radar sites.

I would guess it was something to do with that.

It could also be a bombing target. There are many bombing ranges in Central Florida and on the waters surrounding Florida. It's very possible they wandered onto a military range.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
apart from a new " round " of speculation - has this tail seen any progress in the last 8 years ?

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Mind posting pics or something?, no i have not heard of this.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Diffinitly NOT a silo....

My father was a missile cop/security forces in the Air Force, stationed at Malmstrom AFB, Montana. We have over 200 silos up here, and I've seen many. As a few others said, they look like big concreate slab with a sensor pole sticking out the top, with a high chain link fence around it. Also, security forces don't just sit around on the silos, they hang out at an alert facility that covers a certain region or area that contains several sites.

Sounds like your idea about fixing a line is the most likely suspect. Perhaps a secure internet (SIPRNET), or phone lines.

Typical Minuteman ICBM silo

edit on 13-3-2012 by JJRichey because: add pic

***WOW, I didn't realize the OP was 8 years ago!!
edit on 13-3-2012 by JJRichey because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join