It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4409: Nazi Checkpoint. The citizens stand up. Five part series (with bonuses)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Powerful videos of citizens standing up to boarder patrol agents for checkpoint 50 miles from the Arizona state line. Five part series with an explanatory video at the end (part five) explaining why these protesters are doing what they are doing. (with bonus footage). If people in Nazi, Germany stood up to the fascists the way these free people did, would the holocaust have happened? Enjoy

Another great video of a free man standing up to harassing cops

www.liveleak.com...

a personal story of checkpoint experience (not mine)
forum.prisonplanet.com...

edit: I mistakenly wrote that Gila Bend was 50 miles from the Texas border, but it's actually the Arizona border. A thousand apologies.

[edit on 20-7-2010 by filosophia]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

You know, when we set up a DWI check point we don't do it in front of the local bar. Is it just possible that this was a good idea to catch illegal aliens? Is it just possible that the Border Patrol figured that people here illegally might be a little more careless and easier to catch 50 miles from the border than right on the border?
I'm just curious, is there any way that could have done this that would not have offended your sense of liberty?
It's not like our borders are not wide open enough, I frankly am glad to see them doing anything.
Would you just prefer lawlessness in the streets as opposed to having any kind of an authority to answer to?
Not everything is anti-constitutional. Believe it or not we need some laws and rules and they need to be enforced. These officers are not doing anything wrong unless you consider them doing their job wrong.
Lighten up!
Seeashrink

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by seeashrink

The fifth video explains that illegals were caught working for the border patrol. Watch all the videos first before posting!

I am opposed to DUI checkpoints as well, that is violating their due process by assuming someone is guilty until proven innocent. It's one thing if someone is drunk driving and crashes into a telephone pole, it's another if they are driving perfectly fine. To assume it is a crime to be intoxicated and driving a car is to assume that all people operate a vehicle the same way if they have alcohol in their system, which is unrealistic since certain people have a higher tolerance than others. The alcohol content started at .1, then it moved down to .08, soon it will be lower.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by seeashrink

Lighten up? I think not.

The "guards" should have their butts on the border backed up by .50 cal's and ready to roll.

Why are they screwing with us? Easy.

Symbolism over substance. It looks like something but its really an illusion....and it softens up the populous.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I'm not watching these videos on principle...the-title-alone-turns-my-stomach-and-lets-me-know-exactly-what-to-expect principle. And while I can't comment on the videos themselves now (damn principles!), I will say to whoever titled these, if you have a message that you want to get out to more than just the people who already agree with you or more than those who vehemently disagree with you...in other words to the vast majority of people in this country...you might want to consider a different title. But maybe that's not what you want. Sorry about my principles.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
I'm not watching these videos on principle...the-title-alone-turns-my-stomach-and-lets-me-know-exactly-what-to-expect principle. And while I can't comment on the videos themselves now (damn principles!), I will say to whoever titled these, if you have a message that you want to get out to more than just the people who already agree with you or more than those who vehemently disagree with you...in other words to the vast majority of people in this country...you might want to consider a different title. But maybe that's not what you want. Sorry about my principles.

That's the title of their video. I read somewhere that ATS wants us to copy the title exactly, maybe that's just for breaking news submissions, but either way, that's what they called the video, and so I titled this thread the same way. Plus, if someone wants to see if these videos are already posted to ATS, they can just post the title of the video, and not have to guess what I might call this thread. I guess if I wanted to be more politically correct, I would call it a "controversial checkpoint" but 'nazi' basically puts the same message across. Plus it goes with my opening salvo that if the people of Nazi Germany stood up to the fascists the holocaust maybe would not have happened. It's your choice to view this as tyranny or not, I think this is baby steps towards acclimating people to enhanced interrogations and inspections.

Just out of curiosity, what exactly did you expect from the videos, considering that you won't watch these videos on principle?

[edit on 20-7-2010 by filosophia]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I really dig what this guy 4409 and Pastor Anderson (sp?) are doing. I almost thought "this is a christian organization". Anderson was the guy tasered and beaten at a DHS checkpoint so the goons would be very reluctant to get physical with him.
Why not Christian groups protesting for the 4th amendment rights? Didn't Christians help abolish slavery? I would love to see it catch on in the greater church community, it's about time they got politically active again and threw their support to the tea party and Ron Paul.
Interesting confrontational approach - multi-racial, families with children and holding signs demanding their rights AND OURS.

IF WE ALL DID WHAT THEY ARE DOING IT WOULD STOP,

IMMEDIATELY.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   

I understand the rules about posting titles and that you didn't do it. That's why I said "to whoever titled them" lol

Actually, what I expected to see before I came into the thread and saw the video freeze frames was a discussion of WWII and the Nazis.

Once I saw the freeze frames, I figured that the videos might be about the police or border patrol being equated to Nazis in one respect or another, maybe rounding people up or using some sly tricks. I also figured it would be more picking on cops for doing their jobs. And I figured that it was done by the (I don't even know the right phrase for this) pro-illegal immigration people.

That may be totally wrong, and I may be being totally ignorant, but that's kind of my point. There may be really valid information in there that I just need more incentive to want to spend five-videos worth of my time watching for.

(I probably will watch them eventually...but they won't be at the top of my list.)

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   

I do not deny that many of our laws are coming ever closer to infringing on our Constitutional rights. Personally I have a line that I will not cross. However, in general, it is a difficult and grey area to guage often times.
There is no doubt that over the years as the population has grown and morals have fallen to just above the whale crap line, that enforcing laws and catching the real bad guy has gotten a lot more difficult. I don't know what the answer is. If a drunk hits a member of your family head on and kills them, you want to know how he got behind the wheel of a car in that condition and why wasn't he stopped. If an illegal alien rapes your grandmother, you want to know what could have been done to prevent it.
The fact of the matter is that rain falls on the just and unjust. In an effort to stop the real bad guy, the good guy is going to have to endure getting a little wet at times.
Having said all of that, I do see your point and your concerns. But again, I don't know what the answer is.
Seeashrink

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
if someone doesn't oppose these now, wont they just spread? what will it be like when you have to pass through a check point a couple miles from your house, or through 20 just to drive a couple hundred miles.

while i dont agree with all there methods, i do agree with what they are trying to do.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeashrink

I do not deny that many of our laws are coming ever closer to infringing on our Constitutional rights. Personally I have a line that I will not cross. However, in general, it is a difficult and grey area to guage often times.
There is no doubt that over the years as the population has grown and morals have fallen to just above the whale crap line, that enforcing laws and catching the real bad guy has gotten a lot more difficult. I don't know what the answer is. If a drunk hits a member of your family head on and kills them, you want to know how he got behind the wheel of a car in that condition and why wasn't he stopped. If an illegal alien rapes your grandmother, you want to know what could have been done to prevent it.
The fact of the matter is that rain falls on the just and unjust. In an effort to stop the real bad guy, the good guy is going to have to endure getting a little wet at times.
Having said all of that, I do see your point and your concerns. But again, I don't know what the answer is.
Seeashrink

as a rule, I am opposed to any law that hurts the good while failing to punish the bad. Crimes will always be committed, regardless of how many laws you create, and if you create too many laws, it will only hurt the innocent. All societies are based on common law, protection against theft, murder, confiscation of property, those are the big ones (life, liberty, pursuit of happiness). I think that when the government starts to commit crimes themselves, it is illegal and should be abolished. These check points are not committing any major crimes, but they are targeting innocent people in an attempt to punish the bad. At first I didn't know which side I was on, and maybe thought these activists were just harassing cops doing their jobs, but it seems like these checkpoints are just serving to inconvenience good people. The link at the bottom of the thread has a police officer asking a younger guy if he is American citizen, just because the guy is talking back to the cop. Very easy to go on a power trip.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
I really dig what this guy 4409 and Pastor Anderson (sp?) are doing. I almost thought "this is a christian organization". Anderson was the guy tasered and beaten at a DHS checkpoint so the goons would be very reluctant to get physical with him.
Why not Christian groups protesting for the 4th amendment rights? Didn't Christians help abolish slavery? I would love to see it catch on in the greater church community, it's about time they got politically active again and threw their support to the tea party and Ron Paul.
Interesting confrontational approach - multi-racial, families with children and holding signs demanding their rights AND OURS.

IF WE ALL DID WHAT THEY ARE DOING IT WOULD STOP,

IMMEDIATELY.

I agree, not just with your post, but with your signature about fundamentalism. I do not refer to myself as a Christian, but I also do not automatically dismiss someone just because they do. The man in the video has courage, and that is what Christ-consciousness is really about. Just because there are crazy people like in the movie "Jesus Camp", doesn't mean all religious people are like that. Whatever that man's denomination, I respect him, and I think it's because his denomination is American patriot.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeashrink

You know, when we set up a DWI check point we don't do it in front of the local bar. Is it just possible that this was a good idea to catch illegal aliens? Is it just possible that the Border Patrol figured that people here illegally might be a little more careless and easier to catch 50 miles from the border than right on the border?
I'm just curious, is there any way that could have done this that would not have offended your sense of liberty?
It's not like our borders are not wide open enough, I frankly am glad to see them doing anything.
Would you just prefer lawlessness in the streets as opposed to having any kind of an authority to answer to?
Not everything is anti-constitutional. Believe it or not we need some laws and rules and they need to be enforced. These officers are not doing anything wrong unless you consider them doing their job wrong.
Lighten up!
Seeashrink

Don't be ridiculous.

No one wants to live in a United States of East Germany where brutal totalitarian police enact road blocks and demand papers from innocent traveling citizens.

Since the Constitution is explicit in the 4th amendment that people have a right to be secure in their papers, such road blocks and demands for papers are ILLEGAL.

Not only are they illegal under the US Constitution's 4th amendment, they are also illegal under the US Constitution's 9th amendment, which prohibits the government from interfering with personal liberty, such as free movement.

Turning the US into a Stasi police state to stop illegal aliens is absolutely retarded on every level conceivable.

Further, the creation of DUI checkpoints ALSO violates the 4th amendment. Unless clear probable cause for a stop has been determined, the police have absolutely NO RIGHT to force innocent people to submit to testing.

As a cop who swore to uphold the US Constitution, you are a disgrace for even suggesting this is constitutional in any way.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

You don't have a right to stop me without probable cause.

You don't have a right to search me without probable cause.

You don't have a right to demand papers from me without probable cause.

Period.

[edit on 21-7-2010 by mnemeth1]

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

Here is some humor to go along with the more serious checkpoint confrontations, also posted by 4409

Hilarious video of a checkpoint guard getting a taste of his own medicine (and submitting).

[edit on 21-7-2010 by filosophia]

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   

This is kindergarten level constitutional law.

It is unbelieveable to me that courts and police not only allow this to go on, but actively participate in it without protest.

The police should be ARRESTING other police that engage in these illegal checkpoints for FALSE IMPRISONMENT.

Police that engage in these checkpoints are committing a common law FELONY OFFENSE by detaining without probable cause.

Then they go on to commit further common law felonies by illegally conducting searches and seizures of property while committing the act of false imprisonment.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnemeth1

This is kindergarten level constitutional law.

It is unbelieveable to me that courts and police not only allow this to go on, but actively participate in it without protest.

The police should be ARRESTING other police that engage in these illegal checkpoints for FALSE IMPRISONMENT.

Police that engage in these checkpoints are committing a common law FELONY OFFENSE by detaining without probable cause.

Then they go on to commit further common law felonies by illegally conducting searches and seizures of property while committing the act of false imprisonment.

It's because the state is bankrupt by design and the cops are the fund raisers for the state. I agree, they should be arrested, but it won't happen until people stand up for their rights. When a good man does nothing, evil is allowed to exists. When an American lets the constitution get ripped to shreds, it will happen.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

You sir, do not know the law. I can search you without probable cause, it's called a Terry Search or a pat down and I can do it immediatley after I stop your car with probable cause of reasonalble suspicion. A DWI check point is legal as long as it is conducted without showing partiallity to any particular race or group of people. So if we check every car or every third car and we treat everyone equal there is no violation of the constitution.
I don't even no how to address your "you're a disgrace" comment. I'm not surprised with the anti-police campaign that has been going on of late. I guess I could suggest that the next time you need an officer, you don't call one. Regardless of how serious the crime, don't call them. If you do, you are a hypocrite. You don't like us, we're all crooked and jack booted nazis, so do not call. Or another thing that you could do is be a cop and show the rest of us how it is done.
The truth of the matter: 1) the next time you need a cop you will call one and when he/she gets there you will cry like a third grade little girl who has soiled her panties. 2)you will not become a cop because it requires more balls than hiding behind a keyboard. If you are in NC send me a u2u with a phone number and I will set up a ride along. However, I want hold my breath waiting on you..

[edit on 21-7-2010 by seeashrink]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join