It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is your name and message on the Wall?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Sorry guys if this has been posted before. I searched. Also sorry if this is in the wrong thread Mod please if you feel a move is necessary by all means.
I thought this Wall was a great idea. I didn't post a video, I may still, however I did post my picture and at least part of my message.
I encourage anyone that would like to make a difference to do the same.

It won't ever make a difference if we don't try it. THX guys.

Change starts with us the individual.

The Wall

Please keep this message up. I think this is very important. Try to say a positive word even if you are planning to criticize. It will help the positive mentality drive a brighter future. THX again.

[edit on 20/7/10 by Shadowed]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadowed

What wall? What message?? All your link does is take you to a
page called repower america...
so what gives??????????????

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by rangersdad

there is a wall on the site let me edit here...hold on. sorry...

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
OK it's fixed try it now...and I apologize for that goof.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
If I read and understand what is on the video and the websight, it is another point on climate change and going green.
My take on this is, that yes we should be concerned about the environment, however, the entire science is way too political and the ramifications of doing green actions are not in the best interest of every one on the planet. Those who would support such are wanting change without taking into consideration all of the considerations on such. I will not support the wall nor any climate change which would damage any country. I do support a more gradual change and letting the technology move forward to allow for such. At the same time there needs to changes in the rules and regulations to allow for it to be easier for such. Bennifits should not be so shrouded or where they are not obvious to those who take advantage of such. And finally the science should never be political, to where those who are dissenting are threatened.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I just added my name to the wall. Thanks for the link OP!
You're awesome!

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by sdcigarpig

In part I do agree with you. However, with the latest bungle caused by humanity (the BP oil spill), whats important here is that humanity now take steps towards a better world.
Combine this with Centralia, PA and (I can't remember where or when it started(edit:1971 Uzbekistan) the Oil well that is basically a large burning hole in the ground that I think started burning in the 70's or 80's that still burn today.
This endless seeking of fossil fuels have caused some pretty horrible disasters I think that they are quite possibly the most environmentally damaging of anything that Humanity has done. So think of what the future will be if we would actually put forth a little effort and put a few solar panels up or whatever, just to start the system rolling.
I think that you should really think about the consequences of what you are saying. You seem to put forth a bit of empathy to the less fortunate. However, most of the pollution and problems affect them more than anyone because they either live in it or no one cares about them.
I think that putting together a cleaner future would be a good way for the less fortunate to live a little better since it will probably offer them the chance at new jobs to install and produce the items needed to clean up the power supply amongst other things.
Either way you do have a point, and I do thank you for your input. ^_^

Gateway to Hell
Sorry for the link don't know how to embed....>_<

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

Thanks Romantic Rebel!!!

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowed

However, with the latest bungle caused by humanity (the BP oil spill), whats important here is that humanity now take steps towards a better world.

This bungle was not caused by humanity and I'm getting tired of this rhetoric. This bungle was caused by a/some greedy corporation(s) who wanted to cut corners. It is not humanity's fault that there are not better choices.

This endless seeking of fossil fuels have caused some pretty horrible disasters I think that they are quite possibly the most environmentally damaging of anything that Humanity has done. So think of what the future will be if we would actually put forth a little effort and put a few solar panels up or whatever, just to start the system rolling.

It's going to take more than a few solar panels. Some of us are doing everything in our power with what we have. Again, it is not the fault of humanity!

I think that putting together a cleaner future would be a good way for the less fortunate to live a little better since it will probably offer them the chance at new jobs to install and produce the items needed to clean up the power supply amongst other things.

The less fortunate are also the least able to afford going green. It is our infastructure that must be upgraded. Don't count on the government to do it. They are too deep into Big Oil's pocket! The current economy is not going to allow the average person to convert to 'green' energy. Blaming humanity is not going to change anything. I refuse to buy into the guilt trip!

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by darkelf

HUMANITY=the people that buy the gas=the people that waste energy=the people that continue to waste more than they conserve.
A better future starts with all of us individually, less fortunate or not.
I also wasn't refering to the people that are making efforts, however, there are plenty of people in HUMANITY that can and don't make the necessary changes.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Sorry, I am usually less blunt, but this is crap. This is corporate.
How can it possibly be anything but propaganda? These are actors reading a script. Isn't it obvious?

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Stewie

Sometimes you have to try to do the right thing even if it may actually be just bogus. If you do nothing then certainly nothing good willl come from it.
"There is no greater evil than the indifference of a good man" -Boondock Saints
Look it may be, but at least it's worth a little effort. and not all of them are actors look around there are some ridiculous videos on there. Some are everyday people.
Can you give some proof that this is propaganda? Besides actors? Actors have their hands in everything to promote themselves. This might be a good thing you may want to look into it a little more before you pass judgement.
Again please be positive.
I do however thank you for your input. ^_^

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   

When I first heard about the green movement, the biggest thing that came out was on the new energy effecient lightbulbs that came out. What no one considered that is these kinds of bulbs were filled with mercury. (Keep that in mind) So here you have a lightbulb that costs about, lets say 2.00, and it is suppose to be environmentally friendly. Well as I heard it, this woman, being environmentally conscious to do the right thing was changing and dropped one of the light bulbs and it broke. Now after reading she called the government for assistence. It was a nightmare for her, the cleanup cost on a 2 dollar light bulb, due to the mercury is: 2000 dollars. She can not affort it, so the room is sealed off in plastic and everthing in the room is contaminated. That is what I mean why I say we should be careful with this stuff, cause what may seem like a good idea can have diseasterous results in the long run.Consumers in dark over
risks of new light bulbs

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
"Green Energy" advocates:

Does it concern you that pretty much all green energy products contain heavy metals?

If I have a lightbulb without heavy metals that uses more energy, and you have a lightbulb with heavy metals that uses less energy, how does that equate to you being greener or more environmentally friendly?

How does buying a car with a toxic battery that needs to be replaced make you green? You still use a considerable amount of gas, and on top of that you are drawing electricity likely produced by coal. Your carbon footprint is considerably higher than someone driving a 1971 guzzler. The person with the 1971 guzzler might use more gas but they haven't had a whole new car produced for their consumption, conserving resources, reducing their footprint. The 1971 guzzler doesn't depend on both gas and coal. The 1971 guzzler doesn't require heavy metal batteries.

Clean energy? Really?

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   

I don't know about all the retailers that sell them but I do know that some places offer to recycle the bulbs. Most importantly the amount of mercury within is only dangerous in large quantities. There isn't a large quantity of Mercury within them. However, that article no doubt is propaganda that you no doubt fear so much.
These bulbs do not break easily, they are heavier glass than you find on standard bulbs. It takes a pretty good hit to break, concrete being the best surface in which they break most easily.
Have you ever noticed how many flourescent bulbs there are? All contain mercury. Why doesn't anyone have a problem with those? It's not until a new for of bulb comes out that has substantially less mercury than it's relative that someone gets upset?
That to me is reverse propaganda at it's finest.

how much Mercury is in CFL bulbs?

Another Website about the small amount of mercury in CFL's

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I live on a Blue Planet
Why turn it into a Green Planet
Oh yea it's the same color as Money
now I understand!

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Gmoneycricket

If you look at the filtering agent that sustains not only oxygen that we breath, but also filters the air you breath, you will see that that is in fact GREEN. That's right plants, Plankton, Algae, Sea Weed...etc. At the moment we are burning the trees and poisoning the Plankton, Algae, and Sea Weed.
Will Life survive? Indefinitely! Will the Earth survive? Most assuredly! Where does that leave Humans when the resources are used up?

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 06:12 AM
link   
You do realize that plants crave carbon dioxide, right? Carbon dioxide is created by burning hydrocarbons and by breathing. The more CO2 there is, the greener the planet.

Stop listening to Al Gore. Vice Presidents turn out to be idiots (Quayle, Gore, Cheney, Biden). Gore is an idiot and a hypocrite...and a hippopotamus.

Water vapor produces a far more powerful greenhouse effect than does carbon dioxide. If you want to reduce water vapor, then put a stop to hydrogen cars (produce steam) and wet stack scrubbers imposed by environmentalists, which creates the steam you see pouring out of stack towers.

Another green effort that backfired was the California MTBE fiasco. MTBE was a waste product that environmentalists promoted as an fuel oxidizer and was added to gasoline. This required retrofitting refineries and the cost was passed on to consumers. MTBE is a carcinogen, and the molecules were smaller than water molecules, so it found it's way out the exhaust, with the rain through the ground and into groundwater poisoning thousands of wells. MTBE had to be removed from gasoline and the refineries had to be retrofitted, and the cost was passed on to consumers. The damage to U.S. groundwater was estimated to be $30 Billion. en.wikipedia.org...

Anytime I think of environmentalists, I see threats to the environment due to misguided energy and inexperience. Wiping out wolves in Yellowstone comes to mind ("Protect Bambi!"), where humans interfered with the balance of nature and nearly caused yet another catastrophe.

I'm not signing.

[edit on 21-7-2010 by Dbriefed]

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   

"Clean energy" doesn't create jobs... it kills them.

Just ask Spain. They tried to do this even before it was "cool" .. the result was that yes, they had the largest "green energy" industry in Europe, and still do, but because of all the jobs it destroyed they also had the highest unemployment.

And Climate Change is a hoax..

This would be why I don't trust Liberals when it comes to economic policies.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
So rape the earth to acquire fossil fuels and let that be that? Hmmmm....not buying it. We need to respect our home for ourselves and our children. I'm not talking about greenhouse gases here. Everyon seems to think that is what I'm doing(green energy and global warming). Being close minded I certainly see that that is what you are thinking.
I'm talking you don't go into your mothers bedroom and fart in her face and think that it's ok. Because that is what most people are doing today. We also don't go into our mothers bedroom and beat her and cut her up, that would be in humane. Yet the earth our parent gets this treatment from us everyday. Yet we don't stop there we do this to our brothers and sisters and even to neighbors.
I'm talking about growing up and stop being children. Learn to RESPECT others. Stop being so arrogant.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join