It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ossama Bin Laden Captured!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2003 @ 06:59 AM
link   
More Follows.

posted on Mar, 12 2003 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Iranian radio states Ossama Bin Laden Captured in Pakistan.

dom

posted on Mar, 12 2003 @ 07:03 AM
link   
I suspect I'm listening to the same sources, but I've just heard this too.

arc

posted on Mar, 12 2003 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Question is - do we believe it to be true?

posted on Mar, 12 2003 @ 07:15 AM
link   
There are some very real things happening in Serbia (Djindjic assassination attempt) and Cyprus; but I fancy this is a garbled version of the old story (in to--day's terms) of 2 bin ladin sons captured.

posted on Mar, 12 2003 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I was watching Andrew Neil on the Political Daily program when a piece of paper landed on his desk.He interupted the speaker and stated that a British Surveillence facility monitoring radio stations had picked up uncomfirmed reports that Bin Laden had been captured in Pakistan.I'm looking for more.

dom

posted on Mar, 12 2003 @ 07:23 AM
link   
The BBC has still not published on the frontpage, so I'd assume they're having trouble verifying the report. CNN has no news item for this, and even Ananova, the home of unverified breaking news is not quoting this yet.

As Estragon says, this may just be garbled translation.

posted on Mar, 12 2003 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Nothing on Reuters either.

posted on Mar, 12 2003 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Djindjic is dead and that may be very serious. Nothing anywhere on the bin Ladin story: I've just cruised some
Asian sites.

posted on Mar, 12 2003 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Estragon, the death of Djindjic is indeed bad news for Serbia and most likely the rest of the Balkan region. I surely hope that this does not pave the way for the Milosevic wing of the ultra-nationalists to perform a power grab. If they do it could spell trouble for the whole area.

posted on Mar, 12 2003 @ 07:47 AM
link   
This may be it.

reuters.com...

posted on Mar, 12 2003 @ 07:50 AM
link   
You'll have to go via the front page.

www.reuters.com...;jsessionid=1HL55KDRV2U0ECRBAEZSFEY

Anyway it's untrue.

posted on Mar, 12 2003 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Sorry to get everyone exited.I remember Simon Bates anouncing live one BBC Radio 1 that Aliens had landed in Wiltshire in comparison it's not that bad.

Re: Djindjic,Another Serbian assasination before a world war.Who says history isn't cyclatic.

posted on Mar, 12 2003 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Well, at least a bit of excitement.
And, I'll try not to break thread; but Djindjic's assassination is potentially explosive ( no pun intended): it may soon surface elsewhere on ATS.

dom

posted on Mar, 12 2003 @ 08:12 AM
link   
No probs john bull, I quite enjoyed that temporary excitement.

posted on Mar, 12 2003 @ 08:20 AM
link   
A sharp observation, J-B: I hope it's not an apt or prescient one.

posted on Mar, 12 2003 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Yet, one thing that I saw there that no one has seemed to have mentioned...The State Department merely says that they haven't heard anything that can be *confirmed*.

And if you have little-to-no faith in any "official" word from the US government (as I do), then there's also the possibility that they're simply denying these early reports for some reason...Say perhaps, to give Bush a little more political leverage (& maybe some more money) to keep searching for bin Laden while keeping the actual capture hushed up. This is not something that I would put past the US government to do.

In other words, my stance remains...Wait & see.

posted on Mar, 12 2003 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I hope to god we get this guy soon.

If we get him and liberate Iraq watch the DOW go through the roof...

posted on Mar, 12 2003 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Wow, I got really excited when I logged on and saw the topic to this thread. Oh well, maybe MD is right. Maybe they're afraid if they announce this, it will divert attention from the war on Iraq!?

posted on Mar, 12 2003 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Website related, now, cyberchums: thanks to Byrd -coherence is everything: preserve the thread.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join