It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gary McKinnon Update w/ Obama and Cameron

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Heres his mum:

Camelot also did an interview with Mckinnon himself a while back, probably on that same YT account.

I personally think the U.S. is pissed and embarassed they got caught with their pants down. Thats why they want him extradited.

I don't think he is a very capable 'hacker', he was just smartly curious.

If the gov't knows whats good for them, they would quit making him headline news.

It only draws attention to what they don't want attention drawn to... IMO.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   
This case has been going on for 8 years! Imagine if this goes to court and we find out there was no damage on the computers, and all the UFO stuff is true. What if he actually did download pictures and documents.....

Brand New Video:

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Couple of thoughts:

1) The whole thing smells like a trap. "Top secret UFO information" on PCs with Windows with no proper firewalls? It's just fishy.

2) McKinnon should've thought twice. I mean, isn't it pretty obvious they (DoD & Co.) would pull off something like this if he got caught?

Maybe they want to make an example out of him.

I also think it's very unlikely that he actually deleted anything. Why would he do that? If I remember correctly, the whole UFO subject is rated even more secret than the Manhattan Project. It's very hard for me to believe that they'd actually store the assumed data on some crappy PCs.

[edit on 22/7/2010 by Tryptych]

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Tryptych

However there are "specific" computers that he hacked...so it is possible that he got into their systems? The UFO part is just a cover up, but why is the case drawn out for so many years... The majority of the computers he hacked were NASA computers correct?

It seems fishy to me too.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by game over man

If I remember the story correctly, they were a network of Pentagon PCs, and he scammed his way in online, claiming to be some sort of network admin.

If other "top secret" info is protected this way.. we're in the deep. I just don't buy it. I think they were deliberately set up as a bait.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Helig

I'm an IT professional and what you say about damage is totally correct.

But you are wrong on one point :

"McKinnon makes an attempt to explain it all away as harmless "

He has never said what he did was harmless.

He has admitted unauthorised access from the outset and the fact that what he did was illegal.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Teknikal

I'm British too, well, Welsh actually. A few things you got wrong though :

1. He hasn't been proved to have damaged entire networks. He allegedly damaged lots of machines. Unless you believe everything you read which, judging by your signature, i don't think you do.

2. He didn't claim years afterwards that he was looking for UFO's and the NHTCU that arrested him said that, from the contents of his hard-disk, he was a conspiracy theorist and UFO believer. This was from the outset.

3. He never "went to Aspergers". Someone phoned in to the news programme he was being interviewed on and said "that guy has Aspergers, he should get checked out, it may explain his obsessive behaviour". He was then diagnosed by the four top UK experts, all of whom agreed that he was on the spectrum.

I think it's important to set people straight on the facts when they are making statements that are way off the mark.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
The big question:

If he did see evidence of UFOs and what not, why did he not hit the "Print Screen" button and start saving screenshots as fast as he could?

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lady_Tuatha
He should not go to jail for exposing the flaws in the system.

Yeah, he really should. He was hacking - purposefully trying to enter a secured location online, without authorization. If you did this in the real world with a building it would be called 'unlawful entry' or 'breaking and entering'.

[edit on 19-8-2010 by black cat]

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lady_Tuatha
He also said that he found a log that listed non-terrestrial officers, which i think is interesting, and some of the logs he found were ship to ship transfers, he believes that all this is evidence that the US military has a secret battalion in space. He thought by having this information that he could negotiate with the US government but they were not too worried about it, maybe because they knew how crazy it would sound to the general public?

Gary McKinnon super hero of all wanna be hackers? or total moron who couldn't even remember that your computer saves everything you just saw on the internet in the "temp internet cache"

First of all... here is the actual conversation that is the focus of this thread...

Second of all... its been TEN YEARS and he still is not in jail... no one questions that?

Third... he did not find free energy or ufo's... what he did say was...

"What was the most exciting thing you saw?" I ask.

"I found a list of officers' names," he claims, "under the heading 'Non-Terrestrial Officers'."

"Non-Terrestrial Officers?" I say.

"Yeah, I looked it up," says Gary, "and it's nowhere. It doesn't mean little green men. What I think it means is not earth-based. I found a list of 'fleet-to-fleet transfers', and a list of ship names. I looked them up. They weren't US navy ships. What I saw made me believe they have some kind of spaceship, off-planet."

"The Americans have a secret spaceship?" I ask.

"That's what this trickle of evidence has led me to believe."

"Some kind of other Mir that nobody knows about?"

"I guess so," says Gary.

"What were the ship names?"

"I can't remember," says Gary. "I was smoking a lot of dope at the time. Not good for the intellect."

That was all he found and he has not changed his story though the internet seems to keep adding stuff

Gary McKinnon: Secret Astronauts and DoD Internet Policy

Here it is in Gary's own words

He thought by having this information that he could negotiate with the US government but they were not too worried about it, maybe because they knew how crazy it would sound to the general public?

I do not recall Gary saying he wanted to negotiate with that info... but if you want to look at the NAVY's "secret" space program just pop in here

NAVY Space Command Uncovered

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tryptyche in the deep. I just don't buy it. I think they were deliberately set up as a bait.

The TOP SECRET stuff is not on the public internet... that would be on SiPRNet or JWICS... though both of those have an internet portal...

SiPRNET nic.mil...
Note: You must have a DoD-issued Common Access Card (CAC) and originate from a .mil address to enter this site

JWICS
www.marcorsyscom.usmc.mil...

So unless Gary was on a .mil computer...

He got stuff from a NASA system... after TWO YEARS of looking all he found was this one list and images... NASA is notoriously sloppy... but heck he didn't even write down ONE NAME nor could he remember

I would have loved to have a name to run through my sources

But let me try a few names of Space related Officers... Me... I like going to the top

Rear Admiral Gerald R. Beaman

Selected for flag rank in 2004, Beaman’s first flag assignment was as commander, Naval Network and Space Operations Command in Dahlgren, Va.,

served as: U.S. Space Command, as chief, Global Engagement Division and as commander, Space Control Center, Cheyenne Mountain Operations Center (1996-98).

www.navy.mil...

Rear Admiral Patrick D. Moneymaker
Commander Naval Space Command

Rear Admiral Moneymaker served as director for command, control, communications, computers and intelligence systems (J-6) for United States Strategic Command, Offutt Air Force Base, Neb., prior to assuming command of Naval Space Command in February 1997.

www.moneymaker.com...

Last time that link was posted a mod deleted it thinking it was a money making scam
Pays to read

That is enough... I have a long list but I think I will keep those to myself
Would like a ship name but if I were to guess... going by NAVY tradition.... Enterprise, Constellation, Prometheus are ones I would look for

Its a lot easier getting information through the front door

OH BTW I was reminded here recently that some organizations are concerned about the number of unique pings they get from some of my threads... so be careful... look but don't be stupid... or you might be Gary's cell mate

edit on 18-9-2010 by zorgon because: Classified

top topics

<< 1   >>

join