It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looks like I was right, and all you OILMAGEDDON alarmist were wrong

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Niccawhois

OMG you heard this on CNN so it must be true. I can't believe you had the nerve to start this thread with that kind of source!

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Like if any of you guys are any better, posting links and reading stuff on the internet and believing it.

Go ahead and tell me where you all get your information, I dare you, just post your sources.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
11th double post in a row, I'm just going to count how many times this site screws me over with these double posts because it has been doing this to me constantly.

This problem only happens on ATS and it is really pissing me off

[edit on 7-8-2010 by Mythic Chris]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Mythic Chris

and yes MSM is not controlled by the feds and BP ,

i don't know why americans swallow corporate propaganda so easily,hell not even russians believed pravda , likehow americans believe american corporate propaganda

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by sadchild01

and yes MSM is not controlled by the feds and BP ,

i don't know why americans swallow corporate propaganda so easily,hell not even russians believed pravda , likehow americans believe american corporate propaganda

Who cares if they are controlled by feds?
I want to hear where everyone else gets there information, I bet its not any better than the OP.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Niccawhois
Just watching CBS Nightly News broadcast and guess what?

The well is CAPPED!

New green shoots of grass are sprouting up in the marshes surrounding the Gulf!

Oil skimmer boats are having a tough time locating any oil to skim up!

The beaches look good enough for a postcard!

Catch and release fishing now back on in Gulf port Mississippi!

BP is pawning assets to pay off anyone who thinks they lost any money!

Things are getting back to normal folks!

Now just think back to all the silly things you have read over the past 2 months...
(Hell post some quotes here if you like!)

Now if you happen to be one of the many who have been predicting utter catastrophe from the Gulf Oil Mishap, what do you have to say now?

You have to feel at least somewhat bad for getting so upset over a few pics of oil soaked birds while your fellow Humans starve to death, suffer from horrendous poverty?

A child in Africa would treasure a 1$ bottle of spring water that you could have shipped to them direct in less time than it took to post about how bad you hate the oil industry here on ATS!

**Hands you a shovel**.....come to Louisiana and dig up a shovel full of sand.....THEN talk. Have you been here? Stop watching C....."BS"

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Anyone going to post their "superior" sources yet?

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mythic Chris
Anyone going to post their "superior" sources yet?

Don't know if this is superior, but have you seen this? THIS is what we are dealing with.
usahitman.com... Where's the oil??

And check out this thread as well.. www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 8-8-2010 by StealthyKat]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Well as the OP said, it didn't turn into a ELE, it didn't destroy the Gulf, and all the predictions it was going to kill Mankind where just fear mongers doing what they like to do best, scare people into believing everything they say.

I heard almost all of what the OP was talking about on the BBC this morning, I don't trust any media, but I thought seeing how almost everyone was ripping their source, then maybe they might want to apologise to the OP for the hard time they where given?

How come nobody is here apologising?

Seems to me everyone was suckered into a nightmare which looks like it could be a deliberate attempt to keep people looking in that direction, I wonder what we where not supposed to notice while all this went on?

Once again another member is torn up one side and down the other, and for what? was it worth it?

Now palms at the ready and slowly put your faces into it.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by azzllin
Well as the OP said, it didn't turn into a ELE, it didn't destroy the Gulf, and all the predictions it was going to kill Mankind where just fear mongers doing what they like to do best, scare people into believing everything they say.

I heard almost all of what the OP was talking about on the BBC this morning, I don't trust any media, but I thought seeing how almost everyone was ripping their source, then maybe they might want to apologise to the OP for the hard time they where given?

How come nobody is here apologising?

Seems to me everyone was suckered into a nightmare which looks like it could be a deliberate attempt to keep people looking in that direction, I wonder what we where not supposed to notice while all this went on?

Once again another member is torn up one side and down the other, and for what? was it worth it?

Now palms at the ready and slowly put your faces into it.

I can only speak for myself, but I think it's too soon to concede. It may be over for some, but not those of us who live here. They won't even show a clear feed of the BOP and their "success".....when I see a clear feed and don't feel like they are keeping us in the dark.....I'll think about that. I still don't think that BOP will hold.....they still have to do the bottom kill and relief wells....

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
what a sad thing to read here..

"I told you so"

so you are what exactly? who are you? you are like Gods gift to humans or something..

A very ignorant thing to say here.. You could have started a thread with the same topic without having to say that..

Sad sad day,, we are supposed to work together, but the sheep are here too, fellow ATSers, and are spreading their sleepiness to make sure that we dont work together and bicker and fight.

very american

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by azzllin

So what your saying is that everything is fine and there isn't anything to worry about since they don't see oil on the surface? Well here is a little article in the USA TODAY. This is a little snippet from the article.Link to article is below.

www.usatoday.com...

Gulf oil spill released toxic, tough-to-track chemicals
By: Dan Vergano

With surface oil slicks fading from view in the Gulf of Mexico, courtesy of the capped Macondo well, we'd be out of our minds to think that the oil still isn't there, warn forensic toxicologists.

"We're finding less and less oil as we move forward," disaster response chief Thad Allen said last week, noting skimmer boats having trouble finding slicks. The retired Coast Guard admiral also pointed out that some 40% of the leaked oil, more than 90 million gallons of crude by U.S. Geologic Survey scientist estimates, is missing. "There's the issue of whether or not we may find oil under the water," Allen added.

So to say that are getting back to normal is far from the truth. This article talks about he oil, but there is still something out there that could cause a real big problem. We are far from being out of the woods on this disaster. They know that methane is below the sea floor, but as of right now they cannot tell you that the methane still poses a threat to the Gulf of Mexico and the coastal areas around the gulf. This is why you will probably not see a lot of apologies, because it is not over by a long shot.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Sounds like hubris masking fear to me. The OP has obviously NOT read a lot of posts here and watches TV instead. Now the real question is, is he the mainstream view of most folks? Since most get their news the same place as the OP I really wonder how many others share this unrealistically optimistic and simplistic view?
I for one think the OP represents a large percentage of americans outside the gulf who only know what is on the boob toob....Scary ,eh?
N.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Niccawhois
BP is pawning assets to pay off anyone who thinks they lost any money!

Surely you jest. This is a new low for Hayward. Joining ATS
to try and lighten the severity of the situation.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Here are a few links to help you out.

www.ap.org...

Here is one that has the help of the AP

www.gainesville.com...

And if you need more I am sure we can find them. Here is one more and this source has videos you can watch.

www.floridaoilspill.com...

floridaoilspill.com also has earlier articles on this spill. Hope this helps. More than one source is the best way to make sure you do not jump the gun prematurely. Does this ease your appetite for sources.Please go and check them out you may be surprised at what you read. So you can see there are other sources to check out other than CBS, which IMO stands for
(Constant Bull S**t) when it comes to certain stories.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Le Colonel

I would love for once that when someone says I was right and you were wrong to actually be true. I just don't think this is going to one of those times. I have been wrong in the past and I have no problems admitting it but there better be truth to that statement of who is right and who is wrong. We all want it to be over with, but we are far from that right now. That was a bold statement the OP made and I think people should be ready for the backlash that will come at them especially in a situation like this one. The OP was just a little trigger happy and jump the gun way to soon.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by tsurfer2000h

Here are a few links to help you out.

www.ap.org...

Here is one that has the help of the AP

www.gainesville.com...

And if you need more I am sure we can find them. Here is one more and this source has videos you can watch.

www.floridaoilspill.com...

floridaoilspill.com also has earlier articles on this spill. Hope this helps. More than one source is the best way to make sure you do not jump the gun prematurely. Does this ease your appetite for sources.Please go and check them out you may be surprised at what you read. So you can see there are other sources to check out other than CBS, which IMO stands for
(Constant Bull S**t) when it comes to certain stories.

Thank you for posting sources, all I see in this thread are a bunch of source bashing people that have no sources.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Almost everyone who posted here has there own sources. They may not post them,but believe me they do have them. The OP really took a big shot in the dark by making this thread. ATS has so many eyes watching this situation that ATS does better reporting than the MSM does by far. More people have come to ATS for a better understanding of this spill, because the MSM will only tell you what they think you want to hear. Also I have a hard time believing what CBS news reports anymore, because if I remember correctly didn't Dan Rather and CBS news use forged documents in a 60 minutes report on Bush. That right there has me questioning the integrity of the news that they report.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Looking back through some of the older threads, thinking of some which proclaimed..."its over. I told you so. Silly folks for being concerned."
This thread was typical. Everything is fine folks. Oil's gone. Beaches are good enough for a postcard.
Now, it appears Thad Allen is watching ATS for updates and as of today he seems far from convinced that it is over.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join