It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looks like I was right, and all you OILMAGEDDON alarmist were wrong

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Just watching CBS Nightly News broadcast and guess what?

The well is CAPPED!

New green shoots of grass are sprouting up in the marshes surrounding the Gulf!

Oil skimmer boats are having a tough time locating any oil to skim up!

The beaches look good enough for a postcard!

Catch and release fishing now back on in Gulf port Mississippi!

BP is pawning assets to pay off anyone who thinks they lost any money!

Things are getting back to normal folks!

Now just think back to all the silly things you have read over the past 2 months...
(Hell post some quotes here if you like!)

Now if you happen to be one of the many who have been predicting utter catastrophe from the Gulf Oil Mishap, what do you have to say now?

You have to feel at least somewhat bad for getting so upset over a few pics of oil soaked birds while your fellow Humans starve to death, suffer from horrendous poverty?

A child in Africa would treasure a 1$ bottle of spring water that you could have shipped to them direct in less time than it took to post about how bad you hate the oil industry here on ATS!

+6 more 
posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
An i told you so thread?

On ATS.....

meh...

And All this certianty from one cbs news broadcast?

~meathead

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Niccawhois

WOW... You watched CBS.

How truly factual the report must be...... I bet bin Laden is in Iran too huh?

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   

I would LOVE to see some credible sources on the skimmers having a tough time finding oil to clean up......

How bout some broadcasts recently of how BAD the water is polluted at the beaches?

How bout the additional leaks because of the blow out and the damage to the sea floor? LInk

How bout oil recently coming into Louisiana?

Heres some reports as recent as TODAY
Reports of oil slicks spotted

And lastly, are you even paying attention to whats going on or just spouting off?

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   

If you think 500 to 800 million barrels of oil is just going to disappear because they have temporarily capped one of the leaking spots, you're delusional.

link   
Seriously?
Are you kidding?
Do you work for BP or something?
You saw it on CBS news, therefore it must be true?

You're being sarcastic, right?

link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

I think this sais it all realy...

Originally posted by Niccawhois

A child in Africa would treasure a 1$ bottle of spring water that you could have shipped to them direct in less time than it took to post about how bad you hate the oil industry here on ATS!

link   
You mean this as a joke?? Right?? I think we are way from being out of harms way as of yet. As for the cap?? Hasn't it already been reported that there are leaks far from the capped well that are still spewing oil?? Your statements seems unrealistic. Sorry don't buy it.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Awesome! I'll meet you in the gulf and we'll go for a swim and eat some seafood. I'll even let you go first.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Master Shen long

well I can kind of understand that......however Ill say something that is really controversial! UH OH

LoL I dont hate the oil companies, I think there was negligence on their part, on the part of Bush and his regulations, and on the part of Obama and his regulations and his reactions AFTER the leak to do something about it.

But do i hate the oil companies? No they are just like any other company, there are accidents, and they need to be held accountable. So does the administration.

I wouldnt hate a supermarket because i slipped on their floor, but i would suggest people making sure things were clean and clear and taken care of!

Im sure a lot of people feel that way too......

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I am happy for him
He found someone to agree with him.
Lets throw him a party because it looks like he is leaving the ATS tribe and joining the CBS tribe!

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Love it! This is the reciprocal of the prediction theory in action. The I told you so is guaranteed to make the OP eat his words covered in oil.

I predict that any predictions that give a date has a 99.9% chance of not happening.

The gloating of the OP is so premature that it isn't funny. Submerged oil due to dispersants couldn't be a reason that nothing is on the surface is it???

I'll star this post to ensure that those words are eaten with the oilmageddon.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
where is a face palm ascii art image when you need one..

They stick a temporary cap on a well and the world magically blooms into greatness overnight.. LOL I want what your smokin'. that oil isn't picked up yet, and its still in the water.. and its still killing wildlife. And fishermen are still out of work..

This mess is far from over... even is they filled the well with concrete today it would be years before the oil cleanup was done.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
This is the most perfect example of ignorance within a post I have ever seen.

Please get a grip on what is really happening and stop looking for a way to say "I told you so" when you can't tell anybody so.

b

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Well heres what the weather channel is saying.

Oil Spill Encounters Loop Current
by Tim Ballisty, Jon Erdman
Satellite image speaks volumes

There have been conflicting rumblings across the newswire services and across social media outlets whether the Gulf oil spill has been entrained into the Gulf of Mexico Loop Current.

The images below from NASA's MODIS satellite speaks volumes and confirms many people's worst fears.

Per The Weather Channel's tropical expert Dr. Richard Knabb, "based on satellite images, model simulations, and on-site research vessel reports, I think it is reasonable to conclude that the oil slick at the surface is very near or partially in the loop current. The loop current is responsible in the first place for extending that stream of oil off to the southeast in satellite imagery."

Oil spill streaks southeast due to influence from the Loop Current
Image credit: NASA/GSFC, MODIS Rapid Response

Oil streak close-up view
Image credit: NASA/GSFC, MODIS Rapid Response

Why is the Loop Current a big deal?

It's a big deal because it's a mode of transportation for the oil spill. No longer will it be confined in the northern Gulf Coast.

The oil spill has discovered its exit strategy and that exit is now in progress.

The Loop Current's influence has pulled the oil at the ocean surface toward the southeast away from the original oil spill area.

This influential "pull" has now positioned the oil either just at the doorstep of the Loop Current or it is indeed now inside the current.

www.weather.com...

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by E-ville

Originally posted by E-ville
where is a face palm ascii art image when you need one..

Will this do?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/560614408016.png[/atsimg]

Wow, you saw it on CBS??? Well, folks guess it's good as fixed and cleaned up. All those sick people suddenly are well, the tourist are back, and all the dead animals have come back to life! Hooray for the fishermen who are back at work.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
You have to be kidding... You heard it on CBS news so it has to be true.

ATS this is a prime example of how brainwashed people have become. " If its not on the news its not true. " Well let me tell you about the Media...

Media is Bought and Paid For!

I have sent tons of stuff about the oil spill that we have debunked and established as fact and you know what? They have not Localy reported on any of it. I talked to the station manager and he flat out told me that it would not be in the stations best intrest to run those stories.

Here so far on ATS we have numerous threads about the leaks in the seafloor. So the well head is capped but the Formation is still leaking into the Gulf so the leaks and they well are not stopped.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
How much did they pay you really!!!!
perhaps you need to look at the BOP again, it's leaking an ole houre lol

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I understand all the frustration some of you feel from this thread...
The 3 hardest words to say is...
I was wrong.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Niccawhois
I understand all the frustration some of you feel from this thread...
The 3 hardest words to say is...
I was wrong.

So you admit to being wrong then? About this thread?

Clearly, you have to be kidding right? Because one guy on CBS stated that the well was "capped" that solves all of the problems?

Really?

I mean...really?

~Keeper

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join