It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Caught at Airport With Monkeys Under Shirt

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Man Caught at Airport With Monkeys Under Shirt

abcnews.go.com

Police at the Mexico City airport, who detained a man with a suspicious bulge under his T-shirt Monday, found 18 small endangered monkeys concealed under his clothing in a girdle.

Roberto Cabrera, 38, traveled to Mexico City aboard a commercial flight Friday from Lima, Peru, and was searched when he began behaving "nervously," police said in a statement.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.examiner.com
[url=http://www.csmonitor.com/World/Global-News/2010/0720/Titi-monkeys-Man-arrested-in-Mexico-carrying-18-monkeys-in-his-girdle]www.csmonitor.com[/u rl]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
So this guy tries to smuggle a bunch of monkeys through an airport. he'd put them in small bags and then wear them in a belt underneath his baggy shirt. he must of had a very large shirt. He had came all the way from Peru, that's six hours in the plane to Mexico, but apparently he had them in box and only decided to wear them around him because he didn't want the monkeys to get harmed by the x-ray radiation. Unfortunately 2 off the 18 monkeys had died.

so where was the Peruvian airport security and how did he manage to get on the plane?

I'd like to know what motivated him to do that, I mean how desperate was he. 18 monkeys in one go. what was he thinking.

this is probably gang related, do it or we kill you're family.

vid report:

abcnews.go.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 20-7-2010 by RizeorDie]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Why gang related? He was probably just going to sell them as pets? Cute little things...sad two died. Shame to take them away from their home.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

gangs, because they'd force people to smuggle goods for them. I doubt it was his idea or plan. Mexican gangs use many people to smuggle many different items everyday, it happens.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by RizeorDie

Oh, okay. I see. So you think maybe the gangs probably wanted to sell them?

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Why doubt it was his idea or plan? Is there absolutely anything to indicate that it wasn't?

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
Why gang related? He was probably just going to sell them as pets? Cute little things...sad two died. Shame to take them away from their home.

He meant to say that you don't just smuggle 18 monkeys. It is a clue towards something more sinister going on.

It wouldn't surprise me he was taking them to some major drug lord or something.

But yeah, he could just as well be simply plain stupid, I admit

[edit on 20/7/2010 by SassyCat]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

i dont think they'll keep them as pets, they'd sell them and make profit. gangsters are all about the profit, we hear them rap about it in their songs lol

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
If I had 18 monkeys in my girdle, I behave nervously too.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
From the live snakes that smugglers stuff with packets of coc aine to the white tigers drug lords keep as exotic pets, rare animals are being increasingly sucked into Mexico's deadly narcotics trade.

Drug gang leaders like to show off rarities like sea turtle skin boots and build ostentatious private zoos at their mansions. They also reap additional profits by sharing routes with animal traffickers who cram humming birds into cigarette packs and baby monkeys into car air conditioning ducts to be sold to underground pet traders in the United States.

source

it happens

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
However nothing was said about the banana in his pocket

top topics

join