It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should ATS close this forum?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
It looks like BP has this thing is under control, maybe we should faze this forum out.

What say you my friends?

[edit on 20-7-2010 by Better Mouse Trap]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
No but useless and topics that are just outright wrong should be deleted.

Thanks for volunteering

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Better Mouse Trap

I agree with the other post about a lot of repetitive or useless threads, but I have to question the general idea of your post.

BP has this under control? Really?

As Thad Allen put it, the pressure readings are not what they should be, and there is concern for the hydrate formation on the outside of the riser. Plus, the clean up is going to be a big deal for a long time.

And now, there just might be the possibility of a tropical system affecting the Gulf in the next week:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I wish the MODS could get rid of a majority of the threads on here that are just redundant.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Hahahaha, classic BMT. I'll add that we should have all records of this incident deleted from the history books. Everything is all better now, no need to ever talk about it again.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
No. Not yet. Let's wait out the warranty period at least. I have a feeling this isn't over yet by a long shot. Even if they do have the spill under control, there are going to be consequences and repercussions for months to come.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I don't think this forum should be closed out - there is still a lot going on and a lot we don't know yet. With that said perhaps there is a way to split some of the long threads. Such as thread #1 and take it to the archives and then continue with thread #2 with the same heading (for example the BP Live Feed thread). If there is breaking news and more than one person starts a new thread on it, would there be a way to combine the 2 threads. I do this with an art group that I own on the net and it works out pretty good. Just my 2 cents!

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   

The BP crisis has yet to be resolved 110% to everyones satisfaction,
but this thread can be dumped to the trashcan

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Better Mouse Trap
It looks like BP has this thing is under control, maybe we should faze this forum out.

What say you my friends?

Keep this forum, open a Sarcasm forum.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   

I really don't think this is over yet. I'm sure the people on the gulf coast don't think its over.

Nice try though.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Please direct your attention to the 9/11 forum before you post this crap. Pretty sure 9/11 happened a long time ago. Does that mean we shouldn't talk about it anymore.

Jeeze man...

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
This thread should get moved to the chit chat forum on BTS.

What do you think?

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
If you see a new thread that is already being discussed, use the alert button. Make sure you link the original thread in your alert. Then the mods can close the duplicate. As far as useless threads go, well useless is subjective. If you think it's useless then go to another thread.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
i would say the swine flu forum firehose dealy should be closed but it really dont matter.....

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
oops

[edit on 20-7-2010 by triplescorpio]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Well IMO no.

The reason?

Because the effects of the oil spill will still be felt for at least the next decade or so.

This means that there will be tones of stories in the future related to the Deep Water Incident and this forum will be a great place to put those stories.

~Keeper

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Better Mouse Trap

What say you my friends?

[edit on 20-7-2010 by Better Mouse Trap]

I need to better understand your reasoning first.

We Know NOTHING Yet!

89 days of lies and deception do not make for truth come day 90.

I really hope we could put this to bed but "My Friend" until every valid claim is paid and most relevant questions are answered it is just not as easy as that "My Friend".

What the hell am I talking about: "My Friend"? Are you F'n Kidding Me? I already have enough friends and I already bought a dog too.

Reveal Yourself

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Absolutely not!
Not for one second do I believe that BP has ANYTHING under control.
Deepwater Disaster is FAR from over!

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Aslong as threads are kept in there and not in the breaking news forum then it should remain open. Its somewhere to stick all those threads out the way.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonny2410
Aslong as threads are kept in there and not in the breaking news forum then it should remain open. Its somewhere to stick all those threads out the way.

Thank You, your post brings perspective and whole heartily agree.

OP Is This What You Were Implying?

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Do you also support the idea of not wiping, flushing, or even bothering to pull your trousers back up after dropping a deuce, preferring to just waltz out of the latrine as if everything was as it was before you started the process?

No.

The same can be said for the current situation in the GOM. Wiping, flushing, hand washing, and trouser readjustments still must be made and, dare I say it, there's always the possibillity of dingleberries which will require a repeat of the sitting and straining process.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join