It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting video on the universe.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I had not seen this but I just did and thought you'd all enjoy it.

I also have wondered how the forces get transmitted. Virtual particles are most interesting, considering they generate in a vacuum. It is essentially proof of something phasing in and out of the universe. Very interesting.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
Virtual particles are most interesting, considering they generate in a vacuum. It is essentially proof of something phasing in and out of the universe.
Thanks for the video, it's interesting, and a lot better than a lot of the garbage that gets posted here!

But I'm not sure you understand what virtual particles are.

Virtual Partcles

Virtual particles are a language invented by physicists in order to talk about processes in terms of the Feynman diagrams. These diagrams are a shorthand for a calculation that gives the probability of the process. The calculation is derived from quantum field theory.

Particle physicists talk about these processes as if the particles exchanged in the intermediate stages of a diagram are actually there, but they are really only part of a quantum probability calculation. It is meaningless to argue whether they are or are not there, as they cannot be observed. Any attempt to observe them changes the outcome of the process.

So since it's "meaningless to argue whether they are or are not there", Your statement "It is essentially proof of something phasing in and out of the universe" doesn't sound proven to me.

[edit on 20-7-2010 by Arbitrageur]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Indirect observation from thing not requiring something to remain constant. For instance, we do not need EM forces to remain constant in vacuum observations, so changes in Photon direction, or delay, are indirect observations of things there that disappear. The particles seen here in the video need the constant of the EM forces being present, and a lack there of causes fear of ruining the quarantined elements. Like accidentally allowing an electron in that should not be there. So they have to remain constant.

join