It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bosnian man believes aliens have a grudge against him after 6th meteorite in 3 years hits his home

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Bosnian man believes aliens have a grudge against him after 6th meteorite in 3 years hits his home

www.nydailynews.com

A Bosnian man believes his home is being attacked by aliens after a meteorite struck his house recently for the sixth time since 2007. "I don't know what I have done to annoy them but there is no other explanation that makes sense," Radivoke Lajic told the Daily Telegraph. The 50-year-old from the village of Gornji Lajici in northern Bosnia said the meteor strikes occur when it rains.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
This guys house has been hit by meteors six times in three years. The odds must be astronomical for that to happen. The rocks have all been verified as real meteorites.

Belgrade University scientists say the rocks are all meteorites, but could not explain how such a rare event could happen to the same person six times.

Does anyone have any idea how this rare event could happen so often to one person?

The only thing I can think of is that maybe the guy is a meteor hunter and is gathering them from other locations. He is making the story up that they all hit his home. I have no idea why he would do that except for publicity.

www.nydailynews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Makes me think of a mad science museum curator with a catapult in his backyard laughing manically.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Yea I'm leaning toward him faking it.

Why would he be scared to sleep when it rains as he says in the article? That doesn't make sense.

Maybe hail has punched the holes and he has decided to say the metorites did it.

I doubt we will ever know.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
it is like the woman who won the lottery four times

www.abc15.com...

pure luck, or in this guys case, unluck

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Perhaps he's trying to collect on his meteorite insurance.
Line two.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr. Tinkertrain

I agree and why would meteors only hit is house when it rained? Very strange story.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
i seen the headline and started to laugh. everyone in the office was like "what are you laughing at" lol
thats good stuff! what are the odds

[edit on 20-7-2010 by camaro68ss]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

hahaha I immediatly laughed out loud too. I mean if it really isn't a hoax, I can imagine this guy saying, "these damn aliens have got to stop!"

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Good Intentions
reply to post by camaro68ss

hahaha I immediatly laughed out loud too. I mean if it really isn't a hoax, I can imagine this guy saying, "these damn aliens have got to stop!"

I can see it. 7th meteor hits his house, old man runs out side in the rain, looks to the sky shaking his fist in the air " damn you aliens, damn you all to hell"

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
It's an interesting story, but I didn't know aliens were known for controlling meteorites.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Perhaps it might not be him that the meteor is aiming for

Energy fields are yet to be understood by humanity and this might be a clue.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by no special characters
Perhaps it might not be him that the meteor is aiming for

Energy fields are yet to be understood by humanity and this might be a clue.

You bring up a very good point. Perhaps the meteors are attracted to the land his house is built on. Maybe there is an unusual magnetic field of some sort actually attracting them. I have to wonder if the property has been checked out for such anomalies

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
And here we go....
We're still doing second lines, right?

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
wow if this is real the odds are absolutely huge.

Infact it is theorised if a blind person was given an rubix cube that was totally scrambled, and they made one turn/change every second, even from the beginning of the universe itself it would still be not complete!

I should imagine the odds are not to far away from that event, so if real this is very very interesting indeed.

I once read and I forget the book or name of the person many many years ago, and it was sourced, about an man in America in the civil war era. He was struck by lightening when young in his garden and survived.

Over the next few years his house, and school were two, always with him in it.

He was struck again in his twenties, and then in his thirties when on an horse in the Civil War again struck, the horse died but he lived again.

A few dwellings or places he was in again were hit before his death in his late sixties.

During the service the bell tower was struck by lightening, and then also within an year of his death his tombstone/grave was struck destroying the tombstone.

The odds were collated etc and they were astronomical, but it did show that sometimes very very strange things happens against all probability, and seemingly beyond any chance events at all.

So knowing the above to be true as the quality of the work I read it in, and the fact a leading mathematician stats expert, took the time to collate the odds and check the story this guys story could be true, and if so what does it teach us about the nature of chance and odds?

Kind Regards,

Elf
Elf edit spelling

[edit on 20-7-2010 by MischeviousElf]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Maybe his house is built on magnetic rock?

Or geo-magnetic fields are guiding them there?

He could be a fraud

or after hearing about night vision goggle viewing as per Ed Grimsley maybe he IS being targeted by one of the many aliens/entities that seem to be soaring in the skys over our heads all the time.

You should hear about the mothman one that chased Ed & his dog down one night. Very unsettling.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by hippomchippo
Makes me think of a mad science museum curator with a catapult in his backyard laughing manically.
HAHAHA Thats so funny, i can picture it too. This is interesting though no doubt.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
That quote from the guy in the article is classic.

I imagine this guy as just your average Joe, never had any thoughts of aliens.

But darn it, his house kept getting hit by meteors, so what else could it be!?! Darn aliens! Leave 'em alone!

At least it started 3 years ago and not 50 years ago!

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Point of No Return
It's an interesting story, but I didn't know aliens were known for controlling meteorites.

Sure they are - havent you seen Starship Troopers?

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I'm leaning towards he got hit once, found out that meteorites with a history like that are very valuable and he sold it. Then he went out on his property and found the others or founds pieces in his house and decided to become a true Capitalist

top topics

<<   2 >>

join