It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BP oil spill cleanup threatened by tropical storms

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Storms were today threatening to disrupt efforts to deal with the Gulf oil spill, just as positive signs emerged that the cap on the damaged well is working.

Waves of tropical bad weather are building up in the Caribbean and out over the Atlantic, one of which could become a violent storm by the weekend, meteorologists said. A storm in the Gulf of Mexico could massively disrupt the effort to clean up the oil spill and permanently stop the flow of more oil.

"Later on this week we may have some problems with a tropical wave ... we certainly are going to keep a very close eye on this system," said Dan Kottlowski, a hurricane expert at a weather monitoring website, Accuweather.

Bad weather has already disrupted the operation to deal with the Gulf spill several times during the months-long attempts to kill the deep sea oil well.

Tropical storms can damage oil collecting booms, force skimming boats to give up collecting oil from the surface, and hamper the work of vessels seeking to operate the well cap.

www.guardian.co.uk...

Something we all have been waiting seems to be emerging now... Where does it hit - Lousiana, New Orleans?

Can they leave new cap if supporting ships need to be evacuated?

Situation is very fragile and I think tropical storm is most dangerous developement now. We all know those were coming, what now?

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I think that your title of the Thread will get more attention than mine. I posted this about a half hour ago:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

With water temps info as well.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by lasertaglover

Sorry, I try to take overlook from related threads concerning this coming event, but that doesnt stick to my eye.

Info is most important, not threads.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Very cold air to interupt*
2nd

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

I don't care about thread points. My point is that your title sounds better than mine..that's all...and that I have additional information that you could also provide.

Getting the word out is all that matters.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   

And because I think this is so important to everyone related to the Gulf, I will go ahead and Flag ya in the hope of getting this out more.

All eyes need to be on these tropical systems.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by lasertaglover

And because I think this is so important to everyone related to the Gulf, I will go ahead and Flag ya in the hope of getting this out more.

All eyes need to be on these tropical systems.

to right! I have this bookmarked I like to watch the weather everyday anyway.
Gulf weather
www.weather.com...

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Thanks for the gulf weather update. Its been quiet for a couple of weeks, was wondering when we might see an increase again. Still a long way to go before hurricane season is over. Will keep an eye here for updates as they occur.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Don't know about the air but the water temps are warm! Its the water temp that would be a concern.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

The water temperature is what feeds a tropical storm. the warmer the water, the stronger it becomes.

I could only find water temps based online the coastline on Florida...I would love to know what the water temp is closer to the spill.

new topics

top topics

join