It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GoDaddy hosting company pantent website shares idea.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Hi, I just wanted ats members to know that godaddy is patenting an idea and also pushing it with the U.S government to make all websites be treated like a business in terms of shares.

Like corporations of a business they issue shares on the new york stock exchange. This company now wants to be a new york stock exchange for shares of a website.

I am hearing rumors that godaddy has some sort of contract that is in the works to gain such a power where they will be a stock exchange for website names or domain names. Yet people are saying that this is another way for the U.S or big businesses to buy out private websites. So when you buy your own domain name people can automatically buy shares of it. Your not in control of not allowing someoen to buy into your shares they are publicly offered at the start of when you bought the domain name. Godaddy claims it's to help websites raise capital to run a website. Yet others are thinking it's a new way for big businesses and government to censor the web just by buying out websites that are hurting their image. So for example lets say I made a website that talked the truth about GM that gave them a negative image they can buy into my website 100% and then can like sell it out or change the website and say positive things about GM. That is an example were you don't be notified that this website been taken over by a new company or person. So you will assume it's the same owner that made updates or changes.

I would like to know what you guys think about this?

So far I personally think it's all hype. I think godaddy is telling the truth and it most likely will resemble the stock market at the new york stock exchange where you still have the option weather to go public or not. Yet listening to many articles and fourm board posts about internet being censorship I would think it maybe possible that this is something to add on to the censoring the Internet.

The only think I can comfirm is that godaddy does have a patent pending to the U.S department currently the will grant them rights to the idea of making domain names to be allowed for investors to buy into a domain name meaning buying shares of it.

here is an article where you can read more about it and maybe you can understand it better:

domainnamewire.com...

I would like to hear what you think about this. I personally don't agree with what alot of people are saying that it's another way to censor the internet not just by government but by the rich. Some what like the news media.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
anyone thing this can't hold as a patent??? I mean it's the same thing concept what corporations do. They sell shares of their company to raise money. Now some say the guy that started godaddy is very smart... just because he looked at the stock market and was like hmmm.... lets do the same thing with domain names. I don't see how he can patent such a concept when the concept was already their it's just implemented into a different area.

new topics

join