It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DIY Live Blood Analysis (DarkField) - with Pics ;)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
To support my investigation into Bob Beck and his protocol on blood electification (see link in my sig), I decided to splash out and buy a microscope capable of viewing live blood with a dark field condenser.

I'm a complete noob with this kind of thing but find it bloody fascinating

Here's a pic:

Now, first thing I'd like to know if anyone is into this kind of thing, is how to correctly take a sample?

Currently, I swab my finger, prick with a needle and drop some blood on a slide, cover with cover-slip and pop under scope.
I find that if I don's squish down on the cover slip, the thickness of blood makes viewing impossible, plus the cells are all clumped in Rouleaux.
However, I'm wondering if by squishing too hard, I may be damaging some cells, which will make it appear the blood is not so healthy?!?

And yes, I know I need more practice in centering the DF condenser. I'm working on it.

Any comments, help, ideas, questions, please post.

[edit on 20/7/10 by RogerT]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
RogerT

Firstly, I can't help you with the specifics of taking your own blood and the preparation of slides etc etc.....however I have had some experience of Live Blood Analysis personnally...

I Live in the MIdlands in the UK and I visit a practitioner in Yorkshire who has analysed my blood and it did have some very interesting life forms inside it...

The examination I was involved with undertook analysis of the electrical conductivity of various organs in my body, the 'health' if you like of my heart, lungs, liver, kidneys, spleen and stomach. Being involved in the Medical field myself I was initially sceptical but a previous partner who suffered (past tense) from CFS for 6 years was looking for ways in which could help her and she was determined to explore this, So I supported that and kept an open mind.

I now consider this analysis to be as effective, if not better than any BUPA health checkup and do it once a year.

On my first consultation my blood was revealed to be of poor motobility and a course of B vitamin supplements was enough to get the little buggers going again.
My blood also had various parasites in it, revealed by the live analysis and so action was taken to remove and reduce these.. You see we are all living organisms and we play host too many other living things. Modern medicine sometimes misses these things and 'Prescribes' a medicine to treat the symptoms and NOT cure the cause.....

I think that this live analysis is possibly provides the patient / person with either an early warning or a different approach to current symptoms..

It is an interesting take on a subject modern medicine doesn't consider.....

I'll be interested in how you go...

Regards

PurpleDOG UK

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I have looked into blood electrification but have not found another person to confirm or deny if it really works, thanks for buying the equipment to prove this. Are you setting up a study on yourself or others? It would be great to see the before and after shots of your findings. Can you give a background of how long you have used the device, the device name, and how often you use it. What your settings are would be nice as well and any changes to your body you have noticed since using the machine. I will be watching this thread and wish you all the luck.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
You don't necessarily need to use a coverslip, Roger. The few times we used this sort of imaging in medical school, we just did a blood smear. Prick your finger, and put a drop at the end of one slide (or coverslip, if you don't want to waste a slide, I know they're a bit pricey). Touch the end of the slide with the blood drop against the mounting area of another slide and lightly smear it across to create a thing layer, sort of like a film. This should help separate the cells out and prevent the squishing you were talking about, should you decide to use a coverslip.

If this is a bit unclear, you can always look up blood smear protocols online. It's a pretty simple technique that gives wonderful images.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I know nothing of the techniques involved but have heard of this before.
I find electrification fascinating as well.
Well, that and all of the people with their Doggies as Avatars, I had to get into this.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

g146541

Best and most reliable friend, although that pic is 7 years old now and he's a little less mobile and energetic......

Regards

PurpleDOG UK

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by RogerT

Is your blood electrified in this picture?
I would assume not since you are just learning about the best slide viewing techniques.
Is there anything in particular about what you've seen?

Had to get a cat in here

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Toadmund

Toadmund

As I write this I think RogerT is offline.......?
Looking at this slide it is impossible to tell if he has used electic threapy or not on his blood as you need to visulise the motion as well as the structure.
RogerT will need to submit a little video for a 'before' and 'after' situation to give a good appreciation of any differences.... I maybe wrong, I do not do this for a living but I have had it done......

Ive got my file on my lap currently and I have a sheet which illustrates all Blood cell shapes, groups, crstalline structures, white blood cells and other elements......
I'll try and get a scan of it and re-submit it in the next day or so.... It is a guide to understanding the structure and makeup of our blood and all the issues that brings ....

Regards

PurpleDOG UK

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

The only thing visible in the picture RogerT posted are erythrocytes/red blood cells. They have the typical morphology, that is, they are disc-shaped with a concave center, which you can see by the dark indentation in the center of each one. There is a bit of what appears to be cellular debris, as well, which is likely platelets and platelet fragments. White cells aren't nearly as numerous as RBCs, so you're unlikely to see many in a single drop of blood, especially from a finger prick, unless there is an active infection on the finger.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by VneZonyDostupa

VneZonyDostupa

Fair play, your the 'bloody' expert

It is fair to say though that there are around 700 rbc for every Wbc unless you have an infection, mononucleosis, viral activity etc...

I have seen a wbc in my blood and it is very strange, almost Slug like as it moved around the rbc.

Also the cell debris requires better focusing and could be a multitude of things..... do you not agree.....

I'm only involved in Gastroenterology and Radiology... my knowledge of blood and phlebotomy is a little less than yours I think...

Regards

PurpleDOG UK

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Oh, absolutely the debris could be any number of things. Often, though, when you see little bits of debris about that size, they end up being fragments of platelets. Of course, you can't rule out many other things, just going on what I typically see in histopath slides.

And yes, you're right about the ration of WBC:RBC, and about how curious the WBCs look. More often, you're going to see neutrophils. They are the most abundant white cells, especially in blood samples. They are odd little things, almost amoeba-like. Very important little guys, though!

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by RogerT

Ahhh i just love erythrocytes

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by coolhanddan
I have looked into blood electrification but have not found another person to confirm or deny if it really works, thanks for buying the equipment to prove this. Are you setting up a study on yourself or others? It would be great to see the before and after shots of your findings. Can you give a background of how long you have used the device, the device name, and how often you use it. What your settings are would be nice as well and any changes to your body you have noticed since using the machine. I will be watching this thread and wish you all the luck.

coolhandon you can find loads of USER REPORTS at:-

health.groups.yahoo.com...

look in the files menu section.

RogrerT it is best to get experienced before doing any more tests.

Also study microscopy.This will give you confidence.

And well done for having done this I believe you are the first person in a dozen years to actually make the effort.

You could post your before and after results on youtube, etc.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   

I now consider this analysis to be as effective, if not better than any BUPA health checkup and do it once a year.

On my first consultation my blood was revealed to be of poor motobility and a course of B vitamin supplements was enough to get the little buggers going again.
My blood also had various parasites in it, revealed by the live analysis and so action was taken to remove and reduce these.. You see we are all living organisms and we play host too many other living things. Modern medicine sometimes misses these things and 'Prescribes' a medicine to treat the symptoms and NOT cure the cause.....

So who does this analysis? My wife has recently undergone endoscopy, colonoscopy, blood work, ultra sound, and visited a chiropractor. She has odd pains, and odd autoimmune disorders that come and go. She battled Guillan Barre Syndrome as a teen, and was paralyzed for a short time. As an adult she was diagnosed with Celiacs Disease, but upon returning 2 years later the Doctor asked her if she was sure she had it, because she was in full remission. She promptly reminded him that he was the one that diagnosed it originally?!?

Anyhow, we have both joked about parasites being the cause, because we do swim in streams and the ocean. We also grow some of our own food, and we live in Florida where it is a sub-tropical/tropical climate. Mosquitoes here are incredible, so a parasite is likely.

Who would we visit for one of the live-blood analyses?

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

getreadyalready

As you might have guessed I live in the UK and so I do not know contacts in the USA....

I will leave this web address of the group in the UK..... it might help you search for an equivalent in the USA..

www.chealth.co.uk...

Regards

PurpleDOG UK

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Thank You! I will email them.

Is there a specific name that goes along with this testing, or this treatment? Maybe I can search it out here locally?

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

getreadyalready

I had a live blood analysis and a BioImpedance test and various other bits to do a full screen.

When I had it done I was initially sceptical and a little dubious of the effectiveness of what they were doing but as long as you keep an open mind and go with it, it does seem to have a benefit.
I know you Americans can be a little empirical and demand results (I have have in a few large USA corporations in my time) - don't judge too quickly...

On the subject of parasites - I holiday in the Maldives and other far flung places and I obviously had picked a few of these up..... you will see them on a live analysis if you have any....

Regards

PurpleDOG UK

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by VneZonyDostupa

Thanks, I'll try that smearing technique out, makes a lot of sense.

I think the idea of cover slip is to prevent the blood drying out too quickly so you can actually see the live blood in its 'native' state. Certainly, the cells at the edge of the sample, where air gets to them, very quickly deteriorate.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   
To All:

Thanks for the participation - I'm now a bit stoked to make more effort on this thread, time allowing.

I'll do another sample session, and post pics and videos too. I've seen the WBC and crystals too in samples of my family, though not so many in my own (hehehe).

Give me a day or two to get this done, things really very hectic at this end, but will do my best.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by RogerT

google "how to do dark field microscopy".

An alternative to standard brightfield illumination, commonly used in optical microscopy, is darkfield illumination, which is a simple and popular method for making unstained objects clearly visible. Many specimens, including living cells and small aquatic organisms such as algae and protozoans, are difficult to visualize with brightfield microscopy because their refractive index is very close to water, the surrounding medium. Other specimens difficult to detect with brightfield transmitted light are diatoms, fibers, hair and fur, mineral thin sections, and small insects. These are ideal candidates for illumination with a darkfield microscope.

Darkfield illumination requires blocking out of the central light that ordinarily passes through and around the specimen, allowing only those rays converging at oblique angles to strike the specimen. This results in a brightly illuminated specimen appearing on a very dark background, which greatly increases contrast and visibility of the specimen.

Ordinary laboratory or teaching microscopes are equipped with a substage condenser that can be easily modified for darkfield illumination as described in our microscopy primer. The Intel QX3 microscope can also be modified for darkfield microscopy using the reflected light illuminator that is housed in the microscope body. Figure 1 illustrates such a microscope configuration for darkfield illumination.

micro.magnet.fsu.edu...

[edit on 21-7-2010 by nobodysavedme]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join