It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help! Lucid Dream addict looking for his next score

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Big Raging Loner

Yeah, i looked on that lucid dream thread and decided that i'd try to use their advice.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Great plan you have there. Any update since you started?

I can also suggest that you test your reality as often as possible during the day. Because while we are dreaming, the scene can look so real that we can't believe it can possibly be a dream. It happened to me a few times when I became lucid and I was shocked at first on how real the place seemed to be.

The fact is that if you take the habit to test your reality during the day, this habit will follow you in some of your dreams and it will be easier to become lucid.

There are many ways to test our reality during the day. My favorite is to check the time twice and at 2 different places. When we are dreaming, clocks and watches never seem to work properly. So if the time on your watch doesn't match the time on any nearby clock, you're probably dreaming!

And as someone else said earlier, avoid inflecting you any type of pain as a reality check. That's because even if you're dreaming, it will only create that associated feeling of pain rather than wake you up.

And personally, the best book I read on the topic is Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming from Stephen Laberge. This guy devoted his whole life to lucid dreaming and he explains a whole bunch of different techniques to induce lucid dreams and how we can use those dreams to live a better waking life.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

LoL, after my friend (who doesn't recall dreams normally in most situations) told me about his dreams on Chantix, I wanted to give it a try just for the dreams. This is really not bad advice if the person taking it has a strong mind.

Interestingly you say the dreams become vivid and easy to remember, he said it made your dreams crazy. I'd bet he just had crazy dreams that he only remembered once on Chantix and they were vivid enough to remember easier while he was on Chantix.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Ok Big Raging Loner. I would recommend some reading and work on your outside environment to bring in more dreams. "Exploring the World of Lucid dreaming" by Steven Laberge is a great book backed by scientific research.

One thing that really helped me lately was understanding that you have the highest probability of going lucid and having longer lucids during the last REM stage of sleep. Thats the couple hours before you wake up. So don't burn all your energy trying to go lucid right off the bat, but wait until the early morning hours to really put your spirit into it.

Whatever method you choose, you'll have the best dreams in the early AM, and the best environment to go lucid.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Morning folks, thanks for the replies definitely going to look into some reading material.

Just an update on the whole lucid situation. I have made some real progress although I'm still finding that when I go lucid it doesn't last for a very long time.

A particular example I can give you was this morning I had woken up at 7.30am and then returned to sleep.

The dream was simple I was standing in the driveway of my family home, and I looked around while starting to become aware. There was a fridge magnet stuck to the door, which looked like a shiny green black marble broach. It then clicked in my head, if I can grab hold of that broach, then I am dreaming.

Sure enough I grabbed hold of it and then I new my situation. I then turned to walk out of my driveway to go exploring, but as it did I had to fight waking up.

This was really weird at this point it was as though the background went out of focus and became a blur, yet the colours remained incredibly vivid almost like a painting.

I remember feeling as though I couldn't blink otherwise the closing of my eyes would wake me up. I then had to convince myself that I didn't need to blink as I was asleep (I have never even thought of blinking in a dream before).

I began walking up the street to my neighbours house as I had yet to encounter any other people. Looking into the living room window I couldn't see anyone so I decided to knock on the back door. No answer there but the door was open so I entered I then walked forward towards the living room as I could hear voices, but as I did I was struck with the strangest notion.

This was all so real what if I really wasn't dreaming? Or worse, what if I was sleep walking around my neighbourhood naked and had just entered my friends house (bare in mind I was fully clothed in the dream).

I opened the door to the living room and my friend was sitting in the living room surrounded by his family and friends. They were all really glad to see me and invited me in, so I apologised for walking into their house but no one had answered the door. At this point they were so real I was no longer sure if I was asleep or awake, and at this point I woke up.

There have been some reoccurring themes, since I started attempting to go lucid. One is the green black marble broach fridge magnet (random), I don't know where this idea came from, but it is my key to going lucid. The other is the initial blurring of the background as it goes out of focus. This is the make or break point, if I can get through the blurring I can carry on.

The trick seems to be not letting any self doubt enter into your mind when you finally awaken in the dream. This has been no easy task so far, as the longer I am lucid for the more I start to question the reality of what I am seeing.

As mentioned above the early morning dreams are the key to lucid experiences. Also try to create a key to awaken yourself, when you see this in your dream you know you are sleeping. I have created something quite random that doesn't exist in reality. At least not amongst my own personal belongings. This means that you won't see it in your everyday life.

For those interested I will update when I make more progress. With some more tips from my own experiences.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   

I read your dream account this morning but no time to post then. It really sounds like you are off to a fantastic start. You are noticing things and seem to feel natural in the dreams.

I don't remember any recurring things in my early dreams, you should maybe do something with that Brooch or pin or whatever it is that is helping you go lucid. Maybe put a picture of it for your wallpaper, or a picture of something similar. Maybe you could use on for a "Totem" like they have in Inception. Carry a small one around in your pocket to remind you to ask yourself are you dreaming and to relax.

Reading that experience reminded me of my own lucids, just a similar feel and atmosphere, it really struck a cord. That is a perfect example of a DILD - dream induced lucid dream where you become lucid while inside the dream.

It's just good dream recall on your part, you are including all sorts of details and how you felt, and other things. Bravo and best of luck.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Hello folks an article I found in Huff Post about lucid dreaming. Apparently it has been used as a powerful tool for overcoming post traumatic stress, in particular reocurring nightmares where the subject relives the distressing experience.

By attempting to become lucid in these anxiety filled dreams, the patient is given more control to change and alter the course of the dream.

It also suggests in this article that sleep cycles of 9 to 10 hours are more effective for lucid dreaming as the REM process is lengthened.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join