It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help! Lucid Dream addict looking for his next score

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Hello there folks and Good Evening, Night, Morning, or Afternoon depending on your location.

Now I know you may have some apprehension about feeding the habit of an addict. But perhaps on this occasion you could let your morals slide and help me out?

So I had the craziest and best sleep experience last night, as I was fully aware of myself during a series of Lucid dreams, 3 to be exact.

This was the first time I have had such a consecutive success with this experience and I have to say I'm dying to get back in there...

I have had dreams before where I have become 'aware' but as soon as I tried to control my actions I woke up. However last night was different, I was actively partaking in a series of dreams in which I could interact with my surroundings. This time I was able to remain 'aware' in the dream for some time before waking up, but still the inevitable return to consciousness pulled me out of my slumber.

It was not until I was gunned down by a helicopter that I awoke from my first lucid dream last night, and up until this point I was dodging bullets, exploding mortars, and running through the weirdest forest I've ever seen.

So basically I was wondering if any of you lovely people had any tips or suggestions, of how I can prolong my experience or at the very least ensure a similar period of time for a lucid dream? In the dream it felt as though about 20 to 30 minutes had passed, which in real life was probably but a few.

Are there any techniques to continually awaken oneself inside the subconscious dreamstate, or was my experience just a fluke?

I fully understand I could research lucid dreaming using the old Google machine, but I thought I would try and find some seasoned veterans on here who could condense the information for me, and also give me the benefit of their personal experiences.

All other stories of Lucid dreams are of course also welcome, as I am one of those rare few who find other peoples dreams interesting and entertaining!

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
So I should NOT be telling you this, but I will anyway.

You a smoker?

If so, then you need to get your hands on CHAMPIX. It's a stop smoking aid with this wicked side effect that gives you vivid dreams.

And I mean vivid, I used them to quite, 3 months worth and right from the first day I was waking up in the morning thinking I had cheated on my husband.

That's how vivid they were. Totally worth it , just for the dreams.

And I could remember all of them. Like 2 or 3 a night in full vivid details. I'm totally against pharmaceuticals, but this one helped me quit smoking and gave me some of the best dreams ever.

If you want a trick to make yourself "aware" in dreams it's pretty easy. In dream land, things like faucets or lightswitches don't work.

So what you do is the moment you are aware that your in a dream, try to open a switch or turn on the faucet, if you can keep yourself from waking up after you realize it's a dream, then your golden.

~Keeper

[edit on 7/20/2010 by tothetenthpower]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Hmm... I am not a smoker but I'm now kind of tempted to start just so I can give up and try this

I've never actually heard of CHAMPIX but I know a few smokers in my family who I will be suggesting it to. Cheers Tenth!

I'm not sure about putting too many chemicals into the body, obviously it was massively beneficial in your case, but I don't want to take anything I don't need.

Hopefully there is a way of meditating before sleep or some other method that doesn't require pharmaceuticals.

I will definitely also try the switch thing, I've heard looking at your hands can help somehow?

[edit on 20-7-2010 by Big Raging Loner]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I use to sleep with one of those Hemi-sync programs for years and nothing happened to me.. ever since I stopped listening to the mp3 I have been having awesomely strange lucid dreams. OFF the charts. But I'm not in control of them like I would like too be :/

My recent dreams usually leave me waking up with certain feeling, instead of a memory of the dream I will wake up with a feeling or feelings.

Sorry no techniques. You go to bed with all ur techniques.. but as soon as ur asleep they fly out the window

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by 1xion325alpha

Ha ha very true! It's a completely different universe so it's hard to find some consistent rules that straddle both realities.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I have noticed that if i wake up for about 20 or 30 minutes in the middle of the night and go back to bed i have greater success.

I drink alot of beer so i dont have to set an alarm clock to wake up .

My lucid dreams usually consist of me levitating, and when i realize i am in control of it i wake up..

Occasionally i lucid dream about my first real love, But usually wake up when i realize that this is too good to be true

I would suggest setting an alarm clock for maybe 2 or 3 hours after you fall asleep. keep yourself awake for 20 minutes or so then go back to bed.

also dont try to take to much control in the beginning just sort of go with it while subtily "nudging" the unfolding situation to suit you.

~meathead

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Mike Stivic

Although I don't drink that often I know the feeling, in my case too much water before bed, either that or my prostate needs a look in

Occasionally i lucid dream about my first real love, But usually wake up when i realize that this is too good to be true

Aw man I feel for you there! First love will always be on the pedestal. At least you can still experience it in some form.

Gonna try the wakeup call though you might be on to something there. As last night I had a nightmare which I woke up from at about 2am then the lucid dreams started from there. I'll try not to jump in with two feet aswell.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I consider myself to be a pretty experienced lucid dreamer. I've been having them since I was a child and now they are pretty common, almost nightly. When I was little I used to wake up early on Saturday morning for the cartoons and noticed that if I woke up and then went back to sleep I could realize my dreams. I'm to the point now that I can do it whenever I want with probably about a 75% success rate. The perfect scenario for me is to wake up around 6am just when the sunlight is creeping through the shutters, then lay there for a minute, eyes shut, thinking about what I want to dream of and drifting back off to sleep. I think the small amount of sunlight and knowing that I need to wake up soon keeps my mind from fully going to deep sleep. I just do things in my dream that I normally wouldn't do and then I know for sure that I'm dreaming. Like if I'm at the beach and their is a cliff, I'll jump off of it and try to fly or something crazy like that. If I live, I'm lucid.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I have had many lucid dreams in which I realized I was dreaming, and began testing ways to wake myself up.

Trying to inflict physical pain to yourself in your dream does not wake you up.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by IllMannered

If I live, I'm lucid.

I like this statement!

Your experience also ties into what Mike has said, that the purposeful wakening followed by a return to sleep is an effective method. Perhaps it is this half awake state we reach in-between that allows us to blend through realities.
Now that you mention it I can remember a few occasions where I have gone back to sleep before having to go to school when I was a kid, and I would have really vivid dreams, yet not be fully immersed

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Wow, I just had to reply to this... You should become a sales person for those magic pills! (Just kidding)

Anyz...Moving on.

To the OP- I lucid dream quite often but that's only if I don't 'smoke'... Not 'smoking' helps a helluva lot with trying to achieve this.

Also, you will lucid dream with much ease if you are dealing with a lot of stress. Not that you would want to put yourself under any unnecessary pressure.

Last thing- Cheese, I know it sounds weird- but if you eat (any) protein before bed you WILL have some pretty hectic dreams. I know this from experience.

Good luck!

[edit on 20-7-2010 by Tripple_Helix]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Big Raging Loner

When I was young I didn't have much control over my dreams. I knew that I was dreaming but I still kinda had to go with the flow. I could completely control my movements but everything else was random. Now that I'm older I can control where I am, who I'm with, what Im doing... Pretty much everything. Well, whenever I try to
fly around I'm always too nervous about going too high up. I'm not afraid of heights but whenever I try to go high up towards space it always gets really frightening and I have to go back. I've tried over and over but can't do it. Strange.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Big Raging Loner

Gotta love those lucid dreams !

I have found that the most effective method for inducing them is to keep a 'dream journal' beside the bed . Upon awakening , every time , quickly jot down everything you can remember about the previous dream .

If you train yourself to do this , you will find that you can remain semi-concious in your dreams , as your brain is making an effort to 'remember' as much as it can about the dream .

Seems to work for me , anyway .

I awoke in a dream once , only to realize that I was dreaming . Upon realizing that it was a dream , I 'woke up' again , only to realize that I was dreaming it was a dream . And , I then 'awoke' once more , realizing that I was dreaming that I was dreaming that I was dreaming .

Most incredible thing I have ever experienced .

Try the bedside journal . Good luck and , let me know how it turns out .

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Tripple_Helix

I've heard that about addiction in general, they always say when you go cold turkey your dreams come back with a vengeance. The cheese I have tried before with a bit of success.

I think I will have to plan a Lucid experiment, using a control nights sleep to begin with, then trying various techniques on the consecutive nights thereafter. Maybe even with different cheeses. Hmm...

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by IllMannered

I have been flying in my dreams for my entire life .

Problem is , every time I go to 'land' , I crash . Every single time . Don't know what it means .

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Got to admit when I took Champix I did have some amazing dreams. Can't control lucid ones though, been trying for approx 41 years. Started practising when I was about 5. I'm a failure. Shame becaue I have so many fantastic scenarios I'd love to dream through.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by okbmd

I'm liking the idea of the dream journal, but how long were you documenting things before you started to dream more vividly?

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I've heard of the cheese thing before, its because it takes more energy to digest or something so the body has to stay more active, I think there are a few other foods to that I have heard work but I forget what they are.

Whats always worked best for me is just to be able to keep a dream journal and after a while you will start to recognise the similar elements that keep appearing in your dreams.
for example I dream alot of water weather it be an ocean or an aquarium, alot of my dreams have water in them. I know for sure I'm dreaming if there are large fish or whales- like larger than normal.. cause I get this alot in my dreams too, but everyone has their own reoccuring imagry, it depends on the person.
If you keep track of the general feeling and themes of your dreams there will be points were you recognise your dreaming and become lucid.

I personally haven't gotten to were I can do this on a regular basis but It does work on occasion. Last night I was dreaming and became lucid for only a second or two, I realised the sky didn't look normal and that triggered me to realise I was dreaming, I was going to fly (one of my favoirite dream activities whether lucid or not) then my brother showed up and distracted me :p so I ended up going back to the plot of the dream and following it rather than takeing control... sometimes I think there are different levels of lucidity and you can slip in to and out of them, at least that seems to be the case for me, but I've not got alot of control of it like some people claim to do.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
opps someone posted my suggestion before I got it posted :p oh well sorry for the repeat suggestion :p

another of my favorite dream activities is changing into animals, i'm quite good at that wheather lucid or not but its more fun when lucid

[edit on 20-7-2010 by SomthinElseEntirely]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by SomthinElseEntirely

No worries we've got two positive suggestions for the journal gives a bit more weight to it! Perhaps an amalgamtion of several tecniques will produce a more intense lucid experience!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join