It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Laughing Man hacks Facebook: The Revolution will be on flash-vid

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 04:24 AM
link   
It's a good campaign idea, but fundamentally flawed...

1) Too intellectual for the masses - particular the Facebooking masses. Not saying they are incapable of intellectual debate, but not via a viral while they're intending to check out their friends and rivals status.

It needs to be refined to a core message, then once interest in that has a momentum, the audience may be ready for this in-depth analysis.

2) The voice distortion makes many words indecipherable. I appreciate the speaker's wish to remain anonymous, but if that mens a muddy message, then what was the point of doing it in the first place?

I'd suggest remixing the sound, sacrificing the distortion on the key, yet currently lost words in the script.

3) The music.... While some will be engaged by it, far, far more will automatically switch it off as it runs contrary to their tastes. In art it's a virtue to give your work a specific tone. In politics you risk alienating the majority by appealing to the minority. Find a track that is compelling and mainstream - since the point of the hack must be to reach the sheaple.

BTW, the the faces are stroke of genius - engaging, witty and radical at the same time. Something of the Banksy about them....

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 04:44 AM
link   
this person is a genius. he's heard the call. have you?

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by mother1138

To quote from a Little Grandmother (ShamAn) video I watched recently:

"We are here at this time because we are the strongest of the strong."

"WE ARE THE ONES WE'VE BEEN WAITING FOR."

Which must also mean:

We ARE the heros we have been waiting for..

In these direst of circumstances, I believe the question we need to ask ourselves is:

'If I don't take action, who will?'

Many people are still sitting complacently by while they watch others being attacked, murdered, etc - in US, Europe, Afghanistan, Iraq, Palestine, and while we and other people all over the world are being robbed and pillaged.

Anyone working on the premise that when it starts to seriously affect their own cosy little life, THEN they will take action, is tragically mistaken.

To use the language of Laughing Man, this is a FALSE PREMISE.

If that is our logic, by dint of the same logic, when you have the police atyour door, when you are in real trouble, who is going to help you? Not the millions of others who are sitting in their cosy little lives thinking they will take action only when it impacts on them personally.

Based on that logic, if I am sitting in my cosy little life, not yet too badly affected by the Nazis, why would I put myself out to come to help you?

This is all part of the thinking that has to be dismantled.

I truly believe that to NOT act in support of all of our fellow brother and sister slaves is to be complicit in the oppression taking place.

At this time, this EPIC time for all of humanity, we are here because we are the strongest of the strong.

There are hundreds of ways we can act. For some it might be writing letters or phone calls, making our voice heard. If millions do this it is a very powerful force.

For some it might be meditating, and putting energy into lifting the mass consciousness (which is something the Satanists) are very afraid of.

For some it might be putting energy into informing others of the truth of what's going on.

Etc, etc.

We are a million facets of the same situation, each one acting according to what is right and appropriate for them to do.

But not to take action is NOT NEUTRAL.

NOT TO TAKE ACTION IS TO ACT ON THE SIDE OF THE OPPRESSORS AND BE 100% COMPLICIT IN THEIR EVIL.

[edit on 21-7-2010 by wcitizen]

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Very annoying video.. with an annoying voice.. with annoying music.. and annoying pictures..

People won't pay attention to it.. because it sucks.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 05:22 AM
link   
We Are All One -

This video is entertaining and at the same time incredibly true.

www.davidicke.com...

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 05:35 AM
link   
I think he has hidden stuff in there for whom's intelligent enough to understand it, some of the text appearing like I "ACCIDENTALLY IN YOUR GODWIN" and a couple other place where it sounds too odd to be typos or just a foreigh person that doesn't speak english very good... He can't do those basic errors with the speech he just gave... BS

Also he didn't joke when he said he hacked facebook with the Konami code... There's a easter egg on facebook that is triggered by the Konami code... It's very likely he found a way to overflow it or to exploit that function to allow him to pass arbitrary code to the machine and gain access to it... then from there its nothing but a game of privilege escalation yourself to the top and hide ur tracks...

I'm highly intrigued and tempted to dabble around with it...But if there was anything to it, its likely patched now...

[edit on 21-7-2010 by _R4t_]

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by _R4t_
I think he has hidden stuff in there for whom's intelligent enough to understand it, some of the text appearing like I "ACCIDENTALLY IN YOUR GODWIN" and a couple other place where it sounds too odd to be typos or just a foreigh person that doesn't speak english very good... He can't do those basic errors with the speech he just gave... BS

Helpful link It's all things taken from various memes. Nothing hidden or secret about that.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bonified Ween
I'd like to note - This why they want an internet kill switch.... Because imagine a day where almost 20% of the videos being posted on youtube are of this sort of stuff..... It would be as if someone walked into the cave with a torch.

One day,
this kind of thing will be apperaing on peoples tv screens..
then we know,
the revolution is really here. lol

good video.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bonified Ween
I'd like to note - This why they want an internet kill switch.... Because imagine a day where almost 20% of the videos being posted on youtube are of this sort of stuff..... It would be as if someone walked into the cave with a torch.

those were my first thoughts as i watched too...

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Well I'm glad you all liked the video!

Okay, only joking it wasn't me!

The video is interesting however I'm struggling to understand what he's saying.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 06:20 AM
link   
kk, didn't know that use of the word
I'm french incase you didn't know lol but yeah the konami thing it real and I think he might of exploited it since the function itself awaits for input to execute another function. Its likely he found a buffer overflow or the coder simply didn't "limit" the amount of code being able to be past to the machine through this function.

I had found something similar when I started working for the company I work for right now. I was using a tool we use to post message to a message board of ongoing issues with long distance routing into north america to keep track of them and I found you couldn't put any " , " in your message because it returned an error stating the command/code was unrecognized... useless to say curiosity had the best of me... and I found it could be easily exploited and how...

After showing some managers and telling then why this had to be fixed and quick. They didn't seem to appreciate very much that I found it and I was under constance surveillance by the IS guy for over 2-3 months lol... Its all cool now they know me and know I'm not maliciously focused and wanted to help but...

lesson of the day... DO NOT show your boss you've found how to take down the company servers on your first week of work there... they tend to be a bit frisky about it lol...

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 06:20 AM
link   
I also think this video will fly over most people's heads.

They won't get it and they won't want to either.

The only thing they'll be concerned about is that their profile has been hacked.

Infact many will probably delete the video without even watching it.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by januaryx5th

i do beleive you misunderstand the itent of my post, i was not trying to call out the validity of needing to something, as i think there must be something done, but more so raising a question of why now? why wait almost nine years to try and "save" this country and or world as a whole? Im just not sure as to the timing of it and the medium of its broadcasting, facebook is where people go to turn there brains off not to hear phylisophical waxings of a "laughing man". though i feel i must make this absoultly clear, if he wakes up just one person with his campaign its a good thing i just think he could of done a much better job with better placement of his video. Such as hacking yahoo, any major MSM outlet be it web, tv, or radio.

as they say keep up the good fight and hope that we live long enough to see the other side.

thank you and good day/night depending on your location in the universe.

p.s. thank you to the member who transcribed the video havent had time to read it yet getting around for work. but thank you once again.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

Yeah when hacking is involved LOTS of people tend to freak out and lose all common sense what so ever.... I think he was brave and had good intentions but his technological exploit will overshadow is message... People are soo paranoid about hacking its not even right...

I'm labeled as "hacker" around where I live because its a small town and no one knows # about computers "literally"... And I swear to God more than once I was woken up by some crazy people screaming in the phone saying they would call the cops on me because I had hacked in their MSN/Hotmail whatever because "they couldn't log into it" only to refer them to the 2 inch thick banner on msn.com stating their was problems or maintenance ongoing...

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Damn this is spooky. Great message though, we need more people like this, if only we could start up a group....

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by crimsongod21

yeah but yahoo/MSM would of fought back very quickly with retardd half true debunking claim and accuse him of being a nut case.... how often do you check yahoo in a day??? Most people I know nearly live on facebook.... This facebook obsession has gotten to the point where I refuse to have one just because of how lame it has gotten...

Some managers where I work check facebook all the time to find # on they're employees...

"Ohhh you arent productive today... perhaps if you had not drank that much yesterday you would of been more productive what do you think???"

people are so addicted to facebook it'll spreed much faster through facebook than through a major news site or something alike... Plus he made the changes to multiple accounts instead of defacing the main site... this is cleaver because its harder and longer for facebook staff to locate and remove them this way it gives more time for the "message" to spread.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Yeah i exposed this video and story to hackers in a hacking forum, told them to spread it if they beleive in its purpose.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 06:54 AM
link   

1) Too intellectual for the masses - particular the Facebooking masses. Not saying they are incapable of intellectual debate, but not via a viral while they're intending to check out their friends and rivals status.
I know plenty of extremely intelligent people who use Facebook. Being social online doesn't mean you're an idiot. However, I expect the point was to gain publicity, posting it on YouTube simply wouldn't have worked.

2) The voice distortion makes many words indecipherable. I appreciate the speaker's wish to remain anonymous, but if that mens a muddy message, then what was the point of doing it in the first place?
I understood every word perfectly. The laughing man face and the voice I think relate to animes. The voice sounds like that of Kira from Death Note, and the Laughing man logo is from Ghost in the Shell.

There's more to this video than what immediately meets the eye...there's something about this guy...this would be what the recent GCP peaks were caused by...it has begun, from this point on, I have a feeling things are going to get a whole lot more interesting...mark-my-words...

EDIT: And look at that, the GCP is right on par, two peaks into the high 95% within the last 24 hours...

[edit on 21/7/10 by CHA0S]

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   
this place is over

can't you see

posting here is an irrelavant destiny

learn how to survive

learn how to live

be free in your world

or god will give

you a root straight to hell

and move all out your way

so you get there quick

there is nothing to say

free your souls from fear before it's to late

if my grammer is crap its cus i dont care

just keep pretending it matters somewhere

WOW ITS OFFTOPIC, so bloody what

rules to be broken as mush as is pos

ban me account take privalages away

ban my ip im just in the way

scream till they hear

shout till your hoarse

hope for a good end

where death isnt sure

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   
1) He (if it is indeed a male or single identity) is a 4channer.

2) I approve of the message. Sorry mom.

3) I think we will see much more of this in the coming few years.

One complaint I do have is that this man's call to "action" can easily be misconstrued as a call for violence and stupidity, not through fault of the speaker's words, but because kids are dumb as rocks and easy to push into making mistakes.

I know the "authorities" and intel agencies are watching this site for "people agreeing too loudly" with rabble from the extreme cattle...but this guy gets a star and flag from me.

Now how long before the copy-cat spree of wing-nuts go making clones of this out of jest?

PS- If the laughing-man reads this, two thumbs up from Mr Mask.

[edit on 21-7-2010 by Mr Mask]

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join