It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Laughing Man hacks Facebook: The Revolution will be on flash-vid

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Here's what the video says

Ladies and gentlemen, permit me to apologize for this intrusion. Unfortunately, I am at a loss as to a better way to get your attention.

You will see that I have made no other alterations to your page. You also have my word that I have not taken any liberties with your personal information. And if you dislike this message, you are always free to delete it. I think that you will see that I have no malicious intentions. To the contrary, I am trying to help you. I hope this is of some consolation, and I hope that you will forgive me.

I think that you have noticed that there is something very wrong with the way we are living. Something that goes to the very source of our worldview is deeply flawed. We have learned not to question a very fundamental premise that is harming many aspects of our lives.

Errors in the premises of our thinking will propagate through all the conclusions that we draw.

When a structure is built on a poor foundation, this error will affect the entire building and result in deep flaws in the finished product. The realm of ideas operates in the same fashion. Bad assumptions will corrupt the conclusions of even the best logic.

We currently stand at Morton's Fork; that is, at a choice between two alternatives that we assume to be unavoidable. We accept the assumption that in order for men to live peaceably with each other, we must be divided between either controlling forces or subservient forces: kings and peasants -- master and slave -- ruler and the ruled.

Although we do not have a king in name today, the situation has scarcely changed. In this country, the Founders hoped to create a society of free men, but instead of a true revolution, we have had a sort of coup of the head of state.

The king has been replaced by this vague idea of the collective -- the popular vote -- the state. The end result is a faceless government with the voice of only the most influential.

The existence of this power relationship is a foregone conclusion. Control is assumed to be essential. We have looked so long at the Hobbesian myth that we have made ourselves blind to the alternative. We can scarcely imagine a life without a master above us. As a result of our flawed premises neither the slaves nor masters are really free. The course of their lives is determined by the system they will not deny.

The ancient city state of Sparta is a good example. Sparta's food was produced by the Helots, groups of people whom the Spartans had subjugated. Sparta's livelihood was dependent upon the food grown by its slaves. That is why Spartan men were all trained from childhood to be soldiers. The Spartan army had to be prepared to suppress a slave revolt at any time.

Neither the Spartans nor the Helots were truly free. The Helots spent their lives working for the Spartans, and the Spartans had to spend their lives fighting rebellious Helots. A Spartan was not free to choose to pursue other professions such as blacksmithing, farming or philosophy. If he did not fight, his slaves would rebel and the social order would be undone.

If this status quo comes at such great cost to its servants, then why do they not cast it off? The answer is in the second result of a master-slave society: violence. Every law and dictate comes with the whisper of a death threat.

If you disobey the law and, for instance, refuse to pay taxes because they fund activities you disagree with, like our wars for example (which you didn't vote on, by the way), then you threaten the status quo. The state can thrive and plunder only if it will harm or kill you for disobedience.

Of course the police and courts will fine you first, but if you resist then you will be imprisoned. And if you continue to resist, then the police WILL kill you. No exceptions. Every law, no matter how trivial, will be enforced with violence against you. Remember those words, "against me." A government that operates through coercive force is also pointing its guns at you every… single… day.

Violence and the threat of violence is the only way this system can be maintained. After all, how else can you enforce slavery? Police don't arm themselves with kind words and flowers.

In this country, even talking about resisting the force of government is met with imprisonment or murder. The precedent has already been set. American citizens accused of terrorism (and they don't just mean muslims) can be indefinitely tortured and killed. All this based on the mere ACCUSATION of resisting the violence of government. No proof is necessary. All this has been masterfully veiled with the guise of our own protection. None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.

It is senseless to live the life of a slave. We must demand REAL freedom, even if it is met with opposition.

We can begin only by denying Morton's Fork. We do not have to live as either master or slave, as state or as its servant. We can live with each other as free men. The shackles that enslave us exist only in our mind, and that is where this fight begins.

You are a soldier on the battlefield of ideas. Liberate yourself from these tired ideas. Tear down the assumptions forced upon you by those who would deny you your freedom. The arbitrary morality and illogical assumptions of the old status quo will crumble before reason; you have but only to question it.

Replace it with a new, principled foundation of ideas. Your life is your own. You have a right to your life, liberty and property. Let the spark of reason illuminate the darkness of willful ignorance. If you allow it, this spark can become a flame of conviction that even a deluge of dogma, bromide, double speak, cries, and threats will be unable to quench. You can no longer afford to stand idle. It is time to take action.

Tell someone. Put your ideas in writing. Make yourself heard.

I can't tell you what to do next, and that would completely defeat the purpose. But for your own sake, do something. We cannot wait for somebody else to save us, and this battle becomes more difficult with every minute that we waste.

[edit on 27-7-2010 by Scope and a Beam]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arete
Just passing a message along.

CBAABCAAABBBBBACCCCACBCBCCACCCACBBCBBCCCCCCACBCBCCABC
CCCCCAACCABACBACBCBBCCCBACCCCBBACCCCCCBBACCBCABCACCC
ABAABBCCCACCBBBCCCCBAACBCCAACAABC

I think the cipher is intended to be more fun than secure.

Mod Edit: had to split up page skewing cipher

[edit on 7/22/2010 by JacKatMtn]

Decoded:

"THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT WE WILL BE IN TOUCH"

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
hot dang! last time i looked at this page everyone was joined in the notion that this video was "good" for people, now it seems that someone has started the disinfomation and gotten us all to pit ourselves into thinking that everyone else is worng or they just arent doing the "right" things right. and to anyone who simply says this video is stating the obvious or anything on those lines, does this mean that youre a better revolutionary or do you like being a slave?

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Really like initiatives like this.

I hope we will see more of it!

Originally posted by poisonedYouth
hot dang! last time i looked at this page everyone was joined in the notion that this video was "good" for people, now it seems that someone has started the disinfomation and gotten us all to pit ourselves into thinking that everyone else is worng or they just arent doing the "right" things right. and to anyone who simply says this video is stating the obvious or anything on those lines, does this mean that youre a better revolutionary or do you like being a slave?

Its just ATS. Most of the highly starred people here are skeptics and negatives. They dont see a reason for the world to change, and they dont understand why anyone would want it to. To them, people who believe in this are dumb.

So thats why im SO GLAD im not amongst them. I dont care if a thousand people sees nothing in videos like these as long as a few of us do. I fully expect most people to not get it. Anything else would be too much to ask.

[edit on 1-8-2010 by Copernicus]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I just spent the last 30 minutes finding out who the Laughing Man was then constructing a thread that would be undeniable on who he is but then before pressing post I thought "This guy has a good word to put out there an he wants to stay anonymous for good reasons (that I've found out)" so the thread will never reach the light of day. Good work Laughing Man, keep it up and cover your tracks a little more pal

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
There's a new video everyone.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Does anybody know of anyone who`s Facebook was actually hacked?
Was it thousands or millions?
Wouldn`t it be great to know how many it got out to !

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
As long as one pays taxes, one supports, albeit sometimes tacitly, literally every activity that is generated from that tax money, including murder, torture, ward, bribery, abortion, starvation of populations, illegal eavesdropping and surveillance, stealing, robbing, etc etc ad nauseum!!!!
As long as one pays taxes, one supports the status quo, and one is a slave regardless of how much verbal bull# one spews about freedom, liberating oneself, etc, etc, ad nauseum.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join