It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the California MegaQuake at the door?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: The angel of light

That was the philosophy I followed to reply with the best of my abilities in this thread along years, a thread that was never about my predictions but in general on everybody forecasts on a well known issue.

So are you saying that you never made any predictions in this thread at all then?

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Argyll

Those are your words or an interpretation from your own recollection, I did not say so.

What I said is that the thread was created as a space of free discussion of forecasts or predictions of many sources about the so called Big earthquake of California waited since many years ago.

Whoever checks the log of all the thread replies can see that the thread was Not opened around any specific forecast at all, even the title has a very visible question mark, it was opened with a question to open a colloqium in the theme.

If I brought my own forecasts was in the middle of many others posted by other members interested in the topic. There are No rigid claims in the opening of the thread to attack or "debunk".

This infamous crusade launched against me here is No sense at all, because I have not done anything antiethical to post my forecasts, everybody that wanted did the same with other predictions, so it is unreasonable to attack me for to have participated in a panel?

This is a free country and ATS is a free space for discussion .

This thread contain posts about prophecies on this topic that are not just 7 years old as some of mine, that seems it is what shocked certain people about my comments.

Here there are quatrains of Nostradamus that are almost 5 centuries old, dreams of Edgar Cayce that are a century old, visions of many seers of the past that were born decades before me.

The harassment against me here carried out is ilogic, unjustified, out of context and pretty absurd, it only exposes prejudgements of their authors.

There is people here trying to criminalize the posting of predictions, that is absolutelly abusive and mad, even they are doing it distorting facts and lying cynically about others.

These thread boycotters have even recognized openly that they are posting half of the time being drunk. That does Not make any favor to the prestige of the forum, it erodes miserably the level of quality in posting that ATS requires.

The Angel of Lightness
edit on 1/3/2018 by The angel of light because: (no reason given)

(post by TerryDon79 removed for a manners violation)
(post by TerryDon79 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   

There are No rigid claims in the opening of the thread to attack or "debunk".

Apart from the few you made, that I quoted back on page 10, for 2010 and 2011?

Or the one where you said “end of 2017”?

Or the one where you said until “January 5th”?

Lying is just the wrong thing to do. Especially when it’s easily found in this thread.

The Angel of Beer Drinking Mice

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 04:12 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 05:19 PM
link   
* Attention*

GET ON TOPIC.

Play the "ball" not the "player"

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 07:43 PM
link   
The peace of God to all that belong to the Light
Dear Readers

Here a very interesting press note of The New Yorker commenting by Kathryn Schulz an article published in Annals is Seismology in July 20th 2015 by Chris Goldfinger on the recent scientific research trying to bound the magnitudes of possible megaquake on the San Andres and Cascades faults based on their dimensions and depth.

Pls Check

waithing the really big One

Most people in the United States know just one fault line by name: the San Andreas, which runs nearly the length of California and is perpetually rumored to be on the verge of unleashing “the big one.” That rumor is misleading, no matter what the San Andreas ever does. Every fault line has an upper limit to its potency, determined by its length and width, and by how far it can slip. For the San Andreas, one of the most extensively studied and best understood fault lines in the world, that upper limit is roughly an 8.2—a powerful earthquake, but, because the Richter scale is logarithmic, only six per cent as strong as the 2011 event in Japan.

Thanks for your attention, articles of any kind related with the theme are welcome here in order to enrich the discussion in an effort to redirect the thread to be on topic.

The Angel of Lightness
edit on 1/3/2018 by The angel of light because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 01:23 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

TD, this IS The Predictions and Prophecy Forum how's about lightening up on your fellow members a little?

How's about lightening up a lot?

I'll thank you in advance.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 05:43 PM
link   
The Peace of God to all that belong to the light,
Dear Readers,

The earthquake of this January 4th 2018 at 2.39 am has become a matter of huge discussion by experts that consider it as a clear signal of the potentiality of what was considered a minor fault to generate seismic events that can go above what it was estimated along years of previous studies.

Knudsen said the quake was 8 miles deep into the Earth, explaining why the temblor was so widely felt. The USGS website said people reported feeling the quake about 40 miles south in San Jose.

"It was relatively deep for an earthquake on the Hayward Fault," Knudsen said.

The quake knocked items off the 24-hour Safeway's shelves in San Leandro.

#Earthquake took out some items at San Leandro Safeway pic.twitter.com/GiXiaputFi

— John De Motto (@johnDemotto) January 4, 2018

Pls check:
www.cbsnews.com...

It is clear that a 4.5 magnitude is not a weak movement, it is good enough to have been perceived by almost everybody and of course it awoke a lot of residents in the San Francisco Bay, nevertheless is not reaching levels that can damage gravely structures, so it must be seen more as a very clear red flag that a risk in that particular area of the bay is several times higher than what it was considered before.

Here some comments that appeared in the Press and media about this positions of researchers:

The earthquake began at 2:39 a.m. local time, located directly over the Claremont Hotel in Berkeley, which woke many residents of Berkeley and nearby cities. Residents across the San Francisco Bay area, as far south as San Jose, and as far north as Santa Rosa said they felt shaking. At this time, there are no significant reports of personal injury or structural damage and no threat of a tsunami.

The USGS classified the earthquake as moderate, occurring 8 miles into the earth, but warn there could well be small aftershocks in the coming days. They estimate that the probability of another strong earthquake striking the bay area is between 5% and 10%.

Please check:
www.forbes.com...

An estimated 9.8 million people felt a magnitude 4.4 earthquake that rumbled across the Bay Area early Thursday, the U.S. Geological Survey reported.

It was felt throughout the region, with people more than 150 miles away reporting to the agency that they felt the shaking for perhaps five to 10 seconds.

The epicenter of the earthquake is in the area of the Hayward fault, one of the most feared in the Bay Area, which could produce a magnitude 7 or greater earthquake and is directly underneath heavily populated areas.

The Hayward fault, along with the San Andreas fault on the San Francisco Peninsula, have long posed a twin seismic peril to the region. The San Andreas produced the devastating 1989 Loma Prieta quake and 1906 San Francisco quake.

Please check
www.latimes.com...

The USGS initially registered the temblor as a 4.7 magnitude quake, downgrading it quickly to a 4.5 magnitude and later to a 4.4.

USGS Geologist David Schwartz said the quake struck in an area where there has been a number of jolts over the last decade.

USGS Deputy Director Keith Knudsen told reporters at an early morning news conference that there was a slight chance that the quake was a warning of a much larger shaker.

“Looking historically at all the earthquakes that have happened in California, about five percent of the time earthquakes are followed by larger earthquakes,” he said. “So there is a low probability but there is some probability.”

“It is centered on about a five-mile-long section of the Hayward Fault that in the past 10 years has produced 30 earthquakes of magnitude between 3-4,” he told KPIX 5. “So it is a hot spot along the fault and this morning’s earthquake was the largest of that group.”...
Knudsen said it wouldn’t be a big surprise if a major earthquake struck on the Hayward fault. “The last big earthquake occurred in 1868 so we are about at the 150-year anniversary,” said Knudsen.

“We know from geologic excavations on this fault that big quakes happen every 150 years.”

Please check
sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com...

This earthquake has arrived practically within the time limit of what was forecasted here, as we were discussing in this thread it was possible to see something seismic important coming in California, what ever point of view can be used to analyze it , must be considered as a clear signal that something really huge is dormant but ready to awake anytime in that same area.

Angel of Lightness posted Sept. 30th 2017:
Now this weekend I have foresaw a third seismic event, that may even precede the other two already mentioned, ...
This earthquake possibly could be not stronger than the other two I expect for the Spring and Summer of 2018, but may arrive even sooner ..

Original post of earlier earthquake in California transition between 2017 and 2018

The Angel of lightness, posted December 22nd, 9.30 am,
We are at the doors of a terrible natural disaster ... will arrive in the transition period between 2017 and 2018, ...
We could be experiencing a very look like scenario to the one lived in December 26th of 2004 in Sumatra and other areas of The Indian Ocean, or by Haiti on January 12th of 2010, ...
The arrival of a new year is usually a really bad moment for a nation to face unexpected disasters, since the atmosphere of holidays distract a lot the attention of the people of the possibility of to face a tragedy.

The Angel of Lightness posted at December 28th 2017, 9.45 pm Everything indicates that we are facing something huge that is going to strike America either in these last days of 2017 or the first ones of 2018, ...
I hope I have been enough clear into warn that this is not the moment to relax precautions and contingency plans.

As always I encourage people seriously interested in the topic to take part of in this thread contributing to elevate the discussion, sharing research materials that contribute to enlighten the general knowledge of the History of the seismology of the region, but also of the expectations that exist for its future performance either from statistical or Data analysis considerations, or strictly based on seismology principles or from the perspective of paranormal extrasensorial perception of these events by animals and people, what is the main approach we are interested in this particular forum.

Thanks for your attention,

The Angel of Lightness

edit on 1/5/2018 by The angel of light because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 08:10 PM
link   
The Peace of God to all that belong to the Light
Dear Readers,

The mudslides that southern California has suffered during the last week becomes a very clear red flag that the consistency of the soil suggest liquefaction is not unlikely to occur in case a Megaquake shakes the region in the near future.

Around 500 hundred houses were seriously damaged directly by the mudslides and other 1500 became in risk to suffer damages.

Please check:
nymag.com...

Liquefaction means that the soil literally becomes liquefied during a strong seismic event, making the houses and larger constructions not to collapse, as it would be expected in rigid soil, but to be sucked by it.

Pls check
geomaps.wr.usgs.gov...

The following documentary with actual footage from the Loma Prieta event as well as from the 1906 earthquake is precious to understand what are the areas of higher risk in the city and also to realize that the vital information about actual safeness to construct has been systematically drastically minimized or make up in order to defend primarily the economic interests of the powerful real state sector of the economy of the region.

Loma Prieta Megaquake of 1989 devastation

This rare phenomenon of Liquefaction has occurred already in California before, in the area of San Francisco Bay, more specifically in the neighborhood of La Marina during the megaquake of 1906, and once again during the earthquake of Loma Prieta in 1989.

Pls check
www.iris.edu...

simulation of liquefaction process on seismic events

The Angel of Lightness

edit on 1/17/2018 by The angel of light because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 08:39 PM
link   

My wife is in Ventura Cali right now and she informed me there have been a bunch of landslides due to the fires because without all the trees and shrubbary the land has become unstable.

Not sure what areas you are referring to, nor am I disputing that there is in fact liquefaction taking place, just dropping my 2 ¢
edit on 17-1-2018 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

Well, I can imagine that the wild fires can destroy the vegetation, bushes and trees, but normally they are not able to damage the roots of trees.

I agree with you that your observation points to part of the problem, but these kind of mudslides have been seen in other parts of the world in connection with underground activity. Now, even considering the factor you point to, why there is these terrible wild fires running in parallel with Arctic blasts over America?

I think the fact that California is experiencing the worst season of wild fires in exactly the same time when the rest of the country is under one of the wildest winters ever, reaching temperatures as low as to kill people in the streets of major cities, well is highly suspicious that something is going on related with magma activity.

Today we have seen a really strong earthquake, by the way, striking the Gulf of California, close to the town of Loreto in Mexico, with an intensity of 6.3 or 6.5, depending which source you trust, that is anyway quite intense, it represents a significant red flag since this is moving the seismic activity in a very clear direction to the north along the fault of San Andres.

please check:
www.express.co.uk...

We saw in the end of September another strong motion in the Gulf of California, soon after the terrible megaquake of Puebla, Mexico, of September 19th 2017, but its epicenter was in front of the Cabos in Baja California Sur, this one of today is located in the middle of the Peninsula very inside the gulf.

Please check:
www.sfgate.com...

if the seismic activity continue moving at the same pace it has done since late September to Now, along the California Gulf it is likely that we will see a megaquake No later than end of March of Early April occurring in the delta of the Colorado River or even possibly in the Death Valley, as I have already predicted is going to be.

Thanks for your participation in the thread.

The Angel of Lightness
edit on 1/19/2018 by The angel of light because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Thanks for your response

All I can say is I'm happy my wife is flying back home to Alaska today. We're on the ring of fire as well but I feel safer here regardless.

I've felt that the big one is coming for awhile now.
edit on 19-1-2018 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Well,

Alaska is certainly one of the points in the ring of fire in which I expect seismic activity in this 2018, but you are quite right, what ever happens there is not as worst as what it is the forecast for California.

Now, today again we see report of another major earthquakes swarm in the USA, it is good to remember than since October we have seen three more, one in idaho, other in South California and another one in Yellowstone, Wyoming.

This time is in Reno, Nevada, where in just the last week there have been 230 small earthquakes.

This is another signal that something really huge in seismic events is coming soon for the USA Pacific Coast.

pls check
www.sfgate.com...

Thanks,

The Angel of Lightness

edit on 1/22/2018 by The angel of light because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Hi,

I hope you are ok while you read these lines, I considered my duty to in some way, without causing you anxiety of course, to warn you that your decision to stay in Alaska was Not so bad before you experience todays Earthquake.

Posted by The angel of lightness Jan 22nd 2.56 pm( 10 hours before the actual Megaquake): 'Alaska is certainly one of the points in the ring of fire in which I expect seismic activity in this 2018',

Possibly today it looks Not so good after all such decision, but this Earthquake registered today is in spite of his huge intensity not as worst as what is coming for California, believe me, since it didn't occur closer to the coast or in the coast itself.

Of course the tsunami alert is more than understandable, the tides that may come from this event will not be of monstrous dimension but anyway are going to be perceptible, but stay calm, specially if you are not close to the sea, if you are next to it my suggestion is try to travel to a safe place while the danger pass.

Please check
Strong earthquake shakes continental platform of Alaska sending alarm along the coast

Thanks again for your attention,

The Angel of Lightness

edit on 1/23/2018 by The angel of light because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Dear Readers,

The convergence of seismic events in the west of the country of the last days is showing a clear trend that suggest we are extremely close to a mega quake either in the cascades fault or the St Andres one, that will make History.

We have right now long seismic swarms in Oregon and Nevada, various replicas of the so strong earthquake in Kodiak Alaska, plus a significant medium intensity quake in riverside, not so far from los Angeles.

It is time to ultimate contingency plans, preparations, emergency drills and be ready for the worst case scenario, that seems to be arriving in the transition period between winter and spring.

Please check:
www.express.co.uk...

The Angel of Lightness

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 10:11 AM
link   
The Peace of God to all that belong to the Light,
Dear Readers,

February of 2018 has arrived with another Megaquake not any more in the south of the Pacific basin but in the north hemisphere and western border and particularly one at almost the same latitude of Honolulu.

This time in the Island of Taiwan, surpassing magnitude 7 causing 6 death toll until now, 256 injured people and more than 70 missing people.

Please check
uproxx.com...

Buildings were completely moved out from the very foundations and some of them are bent even with more slope than the so famous tower of Pisa in Italy.

This earthquake was followed by another one of 6.4 in the same region, the east coast of the Island, this is something that make us think, together with the strong earthquake also of 6.4 magnitude registered in the Russian Far East on January 24th 2018, at the same latitude of Southern Alaska and British Columbia, that the time line for a megaquake in the East coast of the Pacific basin is running right now in the its very last period.

please check
www.nytimes.com...

The Angel of Lightness

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Hi

I appreciate your concern....

Just saw this post.

I slept through the Kodiak earthquake but it was definitely felt by many.

I woke up shortly after to see the tsunami alert on my phone, did some quick research to make sure I'd be ok and things turned out fine....

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join