It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ley lines and hauntings

page: 1

join
share:
arc

posted on Mar, 12 2003 @ 06:37 AM
link   
has anyone here carried out much research into ley lines and why so many haunting's seem to occur along them?

A good friend of mine recently had the family home exorcised due to an extremely threatening presence. Although all the family could sense it, only the eldest son and the young daughter actually saw it. Things got so bad that the daughter was unable to use her bedroom until the priest came. They aren't a religious family in any way but became desperate for an end to the situation. The house was situated on a ley line...

posted on Mar, 12 2003 @ 10:28 AM
link   
what's a ley line?

posted on Mar, 12 2003 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I have read some stuff about ley lines and the possible part they they play within the paranormal. Many para-psychologists posit the theory that the energy given off by these lines can affect the human mind and induce hallucinations/feelings etc which are then interpreted as ghosts/UFO's but para-psychologists are a cautious bunch much given to finding mundane or earthly explanations due to peer pressure. The fact that some of these sightings are multiple witness and furniture flying about the room tends to beg the question that it can't all be in the mind. Other investigators put forward the theory that the energy of the ley lines is the channel through which 'entities' operate, thus giving credence to the idea that these phenomona have some kind of tangible reality behind them. The power and mystical/supernatural properties of ley lines has long been recognised, ancient temples, wells and even churches being built upon them for thousands of years.

Just a tip arc, if you're friends find these events re-occur it might be a good idea to call in an experienced medium to perform a spirit rescue as these sometimes succeed where exorcisms fail. Whatever the reasons behind all this the fact is that this approach often works.

arc

posted on Mar, 12 2003 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I'll keep that idea in mind roadghost - things seem to have quietened down for a few months, but the family is a little on the vunerable side so any help that can be offered would be a blessing.

Another theory I have read on leylines, is that they are the planetary equivalent of the energy lines running through the human body, as utilised in acupuncture and other alternative therapies. Also that as the body has particular nodes of influence where such lines cross, so does the planet. It is usually where the lines cross that temples and later churches have been built.

posted on Mar, 12 2003 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Just thinking very loosely off the top of my head aren't ley lines known as dragons pathways or something like that in the orient, somehow it all ties in with feng shui, where to build/not build yr house, put yr tiolet etc.

I went to Old Sarum fort in Wiltshire which is built on the ley that takes in Salisbury, Stonehenge and Avebury. May be my imagination but I definately sensed an energy there.

posted on Mar, 12 2003 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Yeah, Roadghost is right about "Feng Shui"...In Chinese studies, they're most commonly referred to as "Dragon Tracks" for ley lines & "Dragon Nests" where ley lines intersect. As far as the connection with the energy patterns within humans, they call that "Chi". Most (if not all) parapsychologists have been able to detect patterns of planetary magnetic fields in such areas...But most of the lore on this subject is usually interpreted as being spiritual energy more than what scientific means have been able to detect.

You can use the terms above that I put in quotation marks as guidelines for keyword searches; I hope it's at least good enough to get your research started. It's a very in-depth & widely studied subject...Trying to explain it all here would be a waste of time & a waste of Simon's bandwidth...

posted on Mar, 13 2003 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightDStroyer
NEVER BUILD YOUR HOUSE ON A DRAGON EYE...

posted on Mar, 14 2003 @ 04:47 AM
link   
i've recently been looking for some maps of leylines or maps which highlight hotspots of energy with no success. but surely if these things exist then somebody has plotted them on a map or attempted to do so.

has anyone come across any such maps or have any idea where to look?

it'd be interesting to see what kinds of places these lines run across and where they converge. would we see a correlation between these places and sightings hotspots, military bases, even pyramids and other such things?

also, check out a movie called convergence(aka premonition), starring christopher lloyd. well worth watching if this stuff interests you.

posted on Mar, 14 2003 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Don't quote me on this but I'm pretty sure a bloke called Alfred Watkins did something along those lines and wrote a book about it. Can't remember the title though.
Sorry!

arc

posted on Mar, 14 2003 @ 05:40 AM
link   
It is possible to plot the location of ley lines, certainly in the uk by drawing straight lines between all old churches. The convergences being the sites of the churches themselves

posted on Mar, 14 2003 @ 10:04 AM
link   
From what I've researched, not all ley lines or even nodes (aka: Dragon Nests) are consistant...Variations in planetary rotation, spiritual importance of the area, even Earth's magnetic fields flucuate somewhat.

The more powerful ley lines seem to be permanent, but they don't seem to be constant over a period of time...This may be why it's hard to find maps, as flucuating fields may change such maps at times. Many Lines & Nodes may be permanent, but the main purpose of practicing Feng Shui is to determine what the Lines are like in a small area *at that time*...It may take years/decades for even minor Lines to flucuate into a new path, but the older ones are powerful enough to resist much change, even over the course of centuries.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   
ive been looking for 1 myself not found a good 1 as of yet this is 1 or eather 2 of them

ley line map

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
WELL, although I don't believe in ghosts, if you do, I can tell you a bit about ley lines, they're meant to allow various spiritual entites to travel very quickly along them, so they're much more likely to be around those areas than other places. They never, ever move, and they are always fixed. I don't believe in it, but those are the solid facts supposing they are real.

new topics

top topics

join