It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Julian Assange wanted by the CIA, and he's willing to put your soldiers lives in danger

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk...#

I've never been a fan of this man. I've always thought his work was harmful. I have always thought that he would be willing to put peoples lives in danger for a story. I was right.

"
What if publishing a document would threaten national security? "This phrase is so abused. Dick Cheney justified torture with it. Give me an example." What about the movement of US troops? Would he publish a document that jeopardised their safety? "We'd have to think about it." So that's a yes? "It's not a yes. If that fit into our editorial criteria – which it might, if it was an extremely good movement – then we'd have to look at whether that needed a harm minimisation procedure. We'd be totally happy to consider jeopardising the initiation of a war, or the action of war. Absolutely."

Just wanted to tell you what he really thinks. Take it as you will.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Give me one good reason why the United States should be warring with anyone right now. Really.

If you can give me a good reason, I will say you're right and the troops must be protected at all costs.

Otherwise, I'll just say you are a disinformation agent, or someone who can't see that the US troops have always been regarded as peons by their superiors, taking them into one meaningless war after the other.

[edit on 20-7-2010 by Headpool]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
War hurts our troops more than Julian Assange does.

Just sayin'...

Edit for spelling.

[edit on Tue, 20 Jul 2010 13:34:47 -0500 by MemoryShock]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
He is right "National Security" has been used to screw us over in so many ways, this man is a hero for bringing the cockroaches to the light.

If troops happened to be in danger, then I suppose they should not have been sent off to war as has been said.

We the people want this war over. The only people who want it to continue are the warmongers in the army, and those making a profit off their death.

As soon as they put down their weapons and refuse their masters en-masse, none of us will be in danger.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
It's not just about protecting american troops we're a global community and more iraqis were always gonna die than americans/british whatever. So out of fairness and justice for all I say he's right, $*£% cheney,bush,blair,colon the lot.

[edit on 20-7-2010 by Disjecta Membra]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Since WL sole purpose was to expose government abuse and wrongdoings, and same for corporations, I would venture to say that the reason the CIA might be going after him, is they are worried about WL exposing some seriously unAmerican activities...

Troop movements and stuff like that is not worth much to WL judging from the type of stuff they realse in the past..

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
It should also be noted that high on the WikiLeaks wishlist was documentation of Mormon misuse of it's church members for both political influence (Prop 8) and for Church Financial Gain (Purchasing of property using tithe et cetera) which could seriously impact their tax exemption. There are also strange rituals that may suggest something even further but the point is that WikiLeaks isn't just geared towards the government...relevant as most of the material may be.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by DrJay1975

IF America's foreign policy dictates that other governments of the world should brainwash their citizens to conform to American agenda, is acceptable to you... then your not human are you.

How is releasing data that PROVES America is brainwashing other countries to CONFORM to their ways and justify an unjust war wrong?

Now that I know that America is forcing other governments to pressure their people in believing that we should all diss the muslim race and REMOVE THE RIGHT of a muslim woman to choose what garment she wears in public... (what would you people do if a race of aliens came down and the women wore burka's BECAUSE THE WANTED TOO.. would you FRENCH people fine them $40,000 if they entered your country? Why can you still buy ski masks... and it is not a $40,000 fine to wear one in public?? RACIST AMERICAN FOREIGN POLICY AGENDA.

SORRY this is the real world and no-one should be being brainwashed by the American government... especially people who aren't even a part of their country.

So to me WIKILEAKS is fine. I wouldn't of know the truth about America otherwise.

[edit on 20-7-2010 by 1xion325alpha]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
The corporate Pentagon [& CIA] works for the criminal elite corporations.

I am an American.

These mercenaries work for corporations, not for me.

Where were they in the Katrina aftermath?
Where were they in the gulf disaster?
Where are they when my southern border is being invaded?

They are off looking for fantasy WMDs in Iraq.

They are creating terrorists in Afghanistan.

They are NOT my soldiers, because i am NOT a corporation.

I am an American, who cares about this nation.

NOT a treasury looting, mass murdering corporation.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Who of note has been on the CIA payroll?

Saddam Hussein,

Osama Bin Laden,

General Noriega,

Karzai's Drug lord brother.

The Pentagon, the CIA & the NSA are the biggest terrorists on the planet, bar none.

Read about how completely out of control the privatization of the supposed 'national security' has become

in the Washington Post's latest article.
men4menlive.net...

Almost 900,000 people have 'top secret' clearance,
and most of them are not government employees either.

This is all a bunch of corporate looting of America, using the corpses of Americans & other global citizens.

They have to scare us, otherwise they will lose next year's government contract.

99.999999999% of it is all BS, for money.

There to derail American foreign policy yet again for more murder & money.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Headpool
Give me one good reason why the United States should be warring with anyone right now. Really.

If you can give me a good reason, I will say you're right and the troops must be protected at all costs.

Otherwise, I'll just say you are a disinformation agent, or someone who can't see that the US troops have always been regarded as peons by their superiors, taking them into one meaningless war after the other.

[edit on 20-7-2010 by Headpool]

Iraq violated UN sanctions for over a decade.

Afghanastan was under the control of the Taliban, who were knowingly harboring and aiding Al Qauda, a terrorist organization responsible for several attacks, with many civilian casaulties. Also, Al Qauda was directly responsible for the attacks on the USS Cole and WTC. I don't know if you are a Truther, and don't believe they were responsible for 9/11 or not, but it is very clear that they were responsible for the Cole bombing, and they even admitted it.

Frankly, I think we should already be out of both countries by now. However, both wars were justified. Your views on them does not mean that it is ok for our military to die, simply because you don't feel we should be there.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by slank
The corporate Pentagon [& CIA] works for the criminal elite corporations.

Probably.

Where were they in the Katrina aftermath?

That would not fall under either of their jurisdictions (sp?). Why not ask where the TSA were during Katrina.

Where were they in the gulf disaster?

Again, it is not their place to get involved with this. It is a matter for the federal government, EPA and Coast Guard.

Where are they when my southern border is being invaded?

Once again, this is not their place. ICE and Border Patrol, as well as the FBI have control here.

They are off looking for fantasy WMDs in Iraq.

Iraq did have WMDs, just not nearly as much, or as powerful as the reports claim. They found some minor chemical agents, in small amounts.

They are creating terrorists in Afghanistan.

The terrorists were already in Afghanistan, or do you not consider Al Qaeda to be terrorists?

They are NOT my soldiers, because i am NOT a corporation.

The soldiers do not take orders from any corporation. They take their orders from the federal government. As far as where the government is getting their orders from, well, that's definitely questionable..

I am an American, who cares about this nation.

Like it or not, those soldiers are our nation. I think you are directing your anger at the wrong people. You should be focusing on the people in charge, not the people doing the heavy lifting.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Headpool

Who gave you the authority to decide what a good reason is?

What you meant to say is give one reason that fits into my way of thinking or I will belittle you just because I don't agree with you.

The edit button is in the top right corner of your post. Feel free to utilize it when you get the chance to make the corrections to your post.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by jacinto34

Iraq violated UN sanctions for over a decade.

Afghanastan was under the control of the Taliban, who were knowingly harboring and aiding Al Qauda, a terrorist organization responsible for several attacks, with many civilian casaulties. Also, Al Qauda was directly responsible for the attacks on the USS Cole and WTC. I don't know if you are a Truther, and don't believe they were responsible for 9/11 or not, but it is very clear that they were responsible for the Cole bombing, and they even admitted it.

Frankly, I think we should already be out of both countries by now. However, both wars were justified. Your views on them does not mean that it is ok for our military to die, simply because you don't feel we should be there.

Please............................... open your mind and then start researching the evidence about 911, the OKC bombing, the USS Cole attack. Then read up on the history of American hedgemony since WW2 (or further back if you like) but don't confine yourself to the "official" American history sources. If you make a serious effort to do this, I'll be very surprised if you're not seriously embarrassed by this posting at a date in the near future. When people like me and several posters above say that 9/11 was an inside job, that the USS Cole attack was a "false flag" attack launched by Israel apparently with full cooperation of the US government, and other similar accusations, don't dismiss these statements. Follow the evidence trail for all sides of the argument and then arrive at a judgement.

I dare say that you'll become more enlightened and extremely pissed off just like so many others!

Go Wicky!

"Let us have the truth though the heavens fall." Dr Herbert M. Shelton

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnJasper
Please............................... open your mind and then start researching the evidence about 911, the OKC bombing, the USS Cole attack. Then read up on the history of American hedgemony since WW2 (or further back if you like) but don't confine yourself to the "official" American history sources. If you make a serious effort to do this, I'll be very surprised if you're not seriously embarrassed by this posting at a date in the near future. When people like me and several posters above say that 9/11 was an inside job, that the USS Cole attack was a "false flag" attack launched by Israel apparently with full cooperation of the US government, and other similar accusations, don't dismiss these statements. Follow the evidence trail for all sides of the argument and then arrive at a judgement.

I dare say that you'll become more enlightened and extremely pissed off just like so many others!

Go Wicky!

"Let us have the truth though the heavens fall." Dr Herbert M. Shelton

I have looked at some of the evidence for the conspiracies. I have not seen anything to convince me, yet. If you have some astounding evidence, by all means, I'd like to see it.

However, does that change the fact that Iraq was violating sanctions for over a decade? Is Al Qaeda not a terrorist organization? Were the Taliban not harbouring Al Qaeda?

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Rubbish.. Its the damn politicians with their greed and lust for power that threatens the lives of everyone on the planet.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by jacinto34
I have looked at some of the evidence for the conspiracies. I have not seen anything to convince me, yet. If you have some astounding evidence, by all means, I'd like to see it.

However, does that change the fact that Iraq was violating sanctions for over a decade? Is Al Qaeda not a terrorist organization? Were the Taliban not harbouring Al Qaeda?

OK. Apologies if this is considered too far off-topic but allow me to present a few of my reasons for not trusting the authorities and therefore standing by WikiLeaks for airing any dirty laundry that becomes available.

Iraq sanctions - I cannot deny that Iraq violated sanctions but there is sufficient evidence and world opinion that the sanctions were illegal and immoral and extremely deadly. This report sums up most of the points quite well - "Bleeding The Gulf" -
and this documentary highlights how our military destroyed the Iraqi's ability to feed themselves just prior to applying the sanctions - "What I've Learned About US Foreign Policy, The War Against the Third World". It also gives a quick overview of the sort of things that our government got up to without telling us.

Al Queda - Strange how they keep popping up everywhere. As far as I'm concerned, Al Queda = False Flag attacks or Al Queda = anyone that the USA/CIA designates as a valid target for remote extermination. Here's an interesting insight into Al Queda. It might be pure fiction but there's plenty of supporting evidence that I'll pass on as I dig through my records. How to set up an Al-Qaeda cell

Taliban and Al Queda - actually the Taliban were ordered to surrender Osama Bin Ladin but refused to do so until proof was supplied that he was guilty of any charge but specifically the 911 attacks. That proof was never supplied but in any case was just an excuse to invade. The real reason was because the Taliban decided not to support the west's building of an oil pipeline. Michael Moore detailed this relationship quite well in his book, Dude, Where's My Country. Another interesting source is:
A Creeping Collapse in Credibility at the White House:
From ENRON Entanglements to UNOCAL Bringing the Taliban to Texas and Controlling Afghanistan

Take the time to read Naomi Klein's Shock Doctrine and research all of the sources that she provides. Once you realise what we're capable of, it's hard to trust our government in any matter.

And finally - 9/11 - there's so much great analysis that disproves the official theory, implicates our government as part of the attack or at least part of the coverup, and proves that the towers were not brought down by the plane impacts nor the resulting fires especially the ones in WTC 7 as well as proving that the Pentagon was not hit by a jet airliner:
9/11 Firefighters: Bombs and Explosions in the WTC
9/11: LET'S GET EMPIRICAL - David Ray Griffin | Investigate 9/11 | Veoh just for starters.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
The fact of the matter is that Julian Assange is a hero. A beacon of light in a world of darkness and secrecy.

This website is all about exposing government coverups and secrets.

In my opinion no single person has done more for this cause in history than Julian Assange.

If you are one of those people who think the government has a right to not disclose certain information to the public, then you are one of the "sheep" who has bought into the very idea that the government needs to control people for their own good.

We need all the information we can get. The more information we have as a society the better decisions we can make about ourselves and our government.

How the # is Julian Assange the bad guy here I just don't understand ho w anyone except government officials would hate him.

[edit on 22-7-2010 by bommer09]

new topics

top topics

join