It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Audio purportedly from al Qaeda No. 2 says victory coming

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Audio purportedly from al Qaeda No. 2 says victory coming

www.cnn.com

CNN) -- A man identified as Ayman al-Zawahiri, al Qaeda's No. 2 man, promises his followers victory in Afghanistan and Iraq, vowing that these wars will eventually lead to a battle to liberate Jerusalem, in an audio message posted Monday on jihadist websites.

The audio was released by As-Sahab Media, al Qaeda's production company. CNN could not verify the authenticity of the message.

Radical Islamists often use the Arab-Israeli struggle as a propaganda tool to recruit militants because they believe that Israel has no right to exist on what they consider to be Muslim and Arab land.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Well it seems the CIA is working overtime to make sure people don't forget that there are fundementalists trying to kill Americans!

The speaker goes on to mock U.S. President Barack Obama and warns him that the United States will be defeated in Afghanistan and other Jihadi fronts. "Poor Obama came to Kabul and vowed that Taliban will never be back in power ... We will show you who will be soon fleeing Kabul, in defeat, fear and humiliation."

Those are some tough words. You know the thing that makes me believe that these people exist, is one of their goals was to bankrupt the US, an they sure have succeeded in that one.

~Keeper

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I don't were to stand on all of this being a conspiracy. If both wars are legit; then I say we'll withdraw like in Vietnam. TPTB are so spoiled beyond belief.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Wow. Have they ever mentioned Jerusalem before? That made me take notice...very interesting. And, of course, the timing is always key. If real, they would be smart to take advantage of all the goings on right now. If not real, interesting slant.

Also, a question...didn't another one of these just come out not too long ago?

[edit on 7/20/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Late last yer or earlier this year. Every time it's an audio tape. My belief is that if Ayman and Osama are real then they're already dead.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
Wow. Have they ever mentioned Jerusalem before? That made me take notice...very interesting. And, of course, the timing is always key. If real, they would be smart to take advantage of all the goings on right now. If not real, interesting slant.

Also, a question...didn't another one of these just come out not too long ago?

[edit on 7/20/2010 by ~Lucidity]

Yeah the Jerusalem thing makes me think they will be using Al Qaeda in regards to Iran, in order to further attack plans with Israel..

~Keeper

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Yet more diseased ravings from diseased minds.

These people exist purely to hate, their life knows no joy, that's why the afterlife is so attractive to them.

Society progresses in spite of them, but their kind will always be with us, trying to drag us back into the darkness.

Could you imagine living in the world that they strive to create?

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I like how this audio tape comes out during this conference in Afghanistan, and to frighten the American populace, and try to 'remind' them why the US led troops are there, when many people realise the truth, that it's not about fighting some bogeyman, but for seizing the gas and opium....

Especially on the day Hilary claims Bin Laden is in Pakistan.

You know, the chap they rarely talk about now despite allegedly being responsible for September 11th 2001.

So yes, interesting timing and coincidence, don't you think?

One could say convenient.

The great game is a afoot, the awakening of the populace and the tenacity of the Afghan insurgents must not be allowed to foil it in the eyes of TPTB.

[edit on 20-7-2010 by Regensturm]

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 06:19 AM
link   
No Chance in hell they are gonna win! No matter how long it takes they will be crushed!. I see many attack the US & Israel for their Middle Eastern Policy & its allegedly all their fault for the current mess. (sarcastic maybe but it is the general vibe I get from ATS.....BTW I support NO SIDE) Truth be told, even if the US & Israel did nothing these extremists would still want to kill us just because we are not muslim. There is nothing that will change the mindset of the extremists, to them we are just infidels. Another reason they will not win is because the majority of muslims are not extremist & the terrorists will end up killing other muslims, the true muslims will not allow this to happen. Jihad is not gonna happen

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Retseh

yeah,
If you are living in propaganda heaven the US, England, or Israel, you already are.

top topics

join