It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Regime Uncertainty - What Will Be Illegal Tomorrow?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
From my personal blog Fascist Soup:

Ron Paul explains why the Republic of Congo is a superior business climate to the United States in yet another epic commentary:

…Regime uncertainty is the opposite of the rule of law. It is the rule of the whims of the people in charge and what mood they are in on any particular day. It is usually associated with third world dictatorships and plays a major role in why some countries remain poor. When a business cannot predict whether a government will issue a permit, confiscate or nationalize their capital investments, tax them into bankruptcy, or arbitrarily stall their operations, they tend to do business elsewhere. This type of government hostility is not conducive to wealth creation and it is tragic to see it chasing away businesses here when we need the jobs and productivity more than ever…

Dr. Paul points out that the Obama regime has shutdown oil production in the Gulf for an undertermined period of time, even though such shutdowns have twice been ruled unconstitutional by the Supreme Court. The effect of which is to drive the smaller oil producers out of business because they can’t afford to sit idle for an undetermined period like the big boys can.

We no longer have a federal government that is constrained by the Constitution and the rule of law. We have a lawless organization of looting thugs destroying the small businesses of America, destroying the currency of America, and destroying the personal and economic liberties of America. The tyranny of which is paid for by your tax dollars taken from you at gun point.

You are funding your own enslavement.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Why do you always have to say paying taxes like good little boy is being robbed at gunpoint? And the "Obama regime"? Isn't that phrase from the Rush regime?
And here we see another opinion piece, as far as I am concerned, because you have no supporting evidence to your or Paul's statements. No testimony, no graphs, pics, no mathematical data, just your blog opinions, and Paul's opinion. Is this what we want from ATS forums? A bunch of opinion pieces? We can all just go over to facebook for that.

shutdowns have twice been ruled unconstitutional by the Supreme Court

I googled it and only found this thread, your blog and Paul stating this. Even he left no evidence to support this claim. Why?

The effect of which is to drive the smaller oil producers out of business because they can’t afford to sit idle for an undetermined period like the big boys can.

Tough turds. They should have thought about this before they got into the oil drilling business.

We no longer have a federal government that is constrained by the Constitution and the rule of law.

Ah yes, one of your favorite lines again. You should make a country song. Yawn!

We have a lawless organization of looting thugs destroying the small businesses of America, destroying the currency of America, and destroying the personal and economic liberties of America.

Last I checked, there where no "small" oil drilling business. I also believe it may be too soon to come to the defense of an industry, that as of the day before yesterday, was at fault for the destroying of 4 states wetlands, oceans, beaches, millions of sea creatures and the thousands of real small business that rely on those resources. What do you, the champion of small business have to say about their destruction? Where is your outrage about them, and their free markets? Why no rhetoric about their "personal and economic liberties"?

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Ron Paul is a joke when it comes to economics.

Quit worshipping him as a god!

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
Ron Paul is a joke when it comes to economics.

I dunno about that.

Methinks you are just trying to be provocative, etc..

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Speaking of wrong, I suppose you get your economic information from Paul Krugman.

I prefer to stick with Austrian economists like Paul and Schiff because they can actually tell me what's going to happen in the future.

They are magical magicians like that.

[edit on 20-7-2010 by mnemeth1]

new topics

top topics

join